Kareem Hunt: “Multiple teams interested” - UPDATE: Signed by BROWNS

Alphadawg7

Kareem Hunt: To sign or not to sign...  

367 members have voted

1. 1. Should Beane and the Bills pursue Hunt?

• Yes
    • No

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

Employees have the right to establish their own codes of conduct and the requesite punishment for violations of those codes. The courts have nothing to do with it. Nor should they. 

Now, if the young lady in question should decide to press charges against Hunt then,  and ONLY then, would the courts would have the requisite responsibility to decide the matter. 

This conflation of rules of conduct established by private business and the rule of law is wrong. 

Youre talking statues and code.  The Bill of rights supercedes all other law.  It just isnt enforced and hasnt been for a long time.  If you think you have any of those rights try to use em.

Also in actuality if the state believes that their is enough evidence to pursue charges they can press charges on there own.  Especially in these types of instances, which is also unconstitutional as you have the right to face your accuser.

10 minutes ago, Doc said:

You need to look up the definition of the word "excuse" chief (it would apply more to you excusing her for racism because she's a mad woman).  Nowhere did I say he was justified in touching her. 

So the teenage girl went to his apartment that night to carry out a racist attack?  :lol:

Putting Hunt on our roster sets  terrible example for the young men we're trying to develop. It says violence against women is OK if you're gifted enough to pull it off.

I don't mind hard cases, or character issues, but I draw my line at physical violence against women.  Until more men do the same, scenes like this and worse will

continue to play out.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Youre talking statues and code.  The Bill of rights supercedes all other law.  It just isnt enforced and hasnt been for a long time.  If you think you have any of those rights try to use em.

Also in actuality if the state believes that their is enough evidence to pursue charges they can press charges on there own.  Especially in these types of instances, which is also unconstitutional as you have the right to face your accuser.

I’m not talking statues and codes at all. I’m talking the code of conduct clauses in standard NFL contracts and the right of private businesses to enforce punishment as they see fit in accordance with those rules. The idea that the NFL is acting as law enforcement is absurd. 

And you’re right. The state can bring charges if it deems it worthwhile, the woman can press charges or not, and Hunt is free to seek remedy from the NFL. Or not. 

• Like (+1) 1

I live in Willoughby, met Kareem the summer before his senior year and just want to add a couple things from my local level to the discussion.

Kareem lived in Elyria (West side of CLE) in a bad situation before his mom decided to get him out and move to Willoughby.  I met him working out at a local field and he was very friendly and respectful.

After he was drafted he came back to speak at the schools to encourage working hard/following your dream.  During his rookie season he came back for one South high game with his mom.  He was very gracious,  talked to everyone, signed every autograph and stayed the entire game.

This season when the chiefs played the Browns he bought tickets for the entire South team, probably came to a game but I only attended one.

There's no excuse for his behavior towards that girl, but he also wasn't trying to beat the crap out of her.

To label him as some habitually angry, violent, man is unfair from what I know.  He's a kid from a bad past who needs to get his head straight and I believe he will.

I do think LeSean is washed up and Kareem would be a great back up plan, but this is an RB and may not be worth the risk.  

Just my 0.02

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, #34fan said:

So the teenage girl went to his apartment that night to carry out a racist attack?  :lol:

Putting Hunt on our roster sets  terrible example for the young men we're trying to develop. It says violence against women is OK if you're gifted enough to pull it off.

I don't mind hard cases, or character issues, but I draw my line at physical violence against women.  Until more men do the same, scenes like this and worse will

continue to play out.

I never said she went to his apartment intending to carry out a racist attack.  But she did and there's no excuse for it, much less because she's a woman and she's mad.  He also wasn't right to shove her and she wasn't right to shove him back.  But again, once it got physical, she should have high-tailed it out of there and called the cops, not escalated it by shoving him back and then going after him.  No doubt alcohol affected their judgments and I suspect that since he's a minor, shoved him back and suffered no real injuries, those are the reasons why she's not pressing charges or even filing a civil suit. 

As for what message it would send, it would be that people deserve second chances.  It happens everywhere, not just the NFL.  And again with a female CEO, the Bills would be the best able to weather any PR storm.   

I'm sick of being the nice guy, I want to win football games and we have a chance to get a difference maker on offense to help us reach the SB. I've seen the video and I'm pretty sure this was a big wake up call for the young man, he made a mistake and lets see if he has learned from it. We would get a top notch young player without using a draft pick or trading for him, this is a move I'd make all day long imo.

11 hours ago, from_dunkirk said:

Hmmm...which team does Hunt sign with: Chicago or Buffalo. Really hard choice...not. This thread is just fantasy for the posters here.

EDIT:

Why can't I vote in the poll?

Who will pay more money? Who has 2 RBS and who has a bigger need?  Howard, and Cohen are the best 1,2 punch in football.  I dont see them being big players on Hunt.

21 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I'm sick of being the nice guy, I want to win football games and we have a chance to get a difference maker on offense to help us reach the SB. I've seen the video and I'm pretty sure this was a big wake up call for the young man, he made a mistake and lets see if he has learned from it. We would get a top notch young player without using a draft pick or trading for him, this is a move I'd make all day long imo.

3 drunken assaults since last JAN including this one - which was different as included video.  Here's hoping that Kareem gets the help he needs fighting his personal demons. 

38 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

3 drunken assaults since last JAN including this one - which was different as included video.  Here's hoping that Kareem gets the help he needs fighting his personal demons. 

We all battle demons at some point, he'll either learn and move on or not but he won't be signing a huge contract and any smart GM will have clauses if he screws up again but there is no denying on the football field he would help us out tremendously.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, #34fan said:

continue to play out.

Any timeline available of when she is gonna bounce back from that “beating” ? 

How much were the Chiefs impacted by the loss of Hunt yesterday? I could not help but wonder that as I saw their sputtering offense in the first half. This idiot damaged his team's chances throughout the season and yesterday with his reckless and criminal behaviour. Yesterday he might have made the difference and we might have seen the Pats ended but NOOOOO!! The Pats once again get a break as fate intervenes!!

38 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

How much were the Chiefs impacted by the loss of Hunt yesterday? I could not help but wonder that as I saw their sputtering offense in the first half. This idiot damaged his team's chances throughout the season and yesterday with his reckless and criminal behaviour. Yesterday he might have made the difference and we might have seen the Pats ended but NOOOOO!! The Pats once again get a break as fate intervenes!!

for sure

but the running game goes on the backburner when you are down that much

and the Pats held the ball and held the ball and held the ball

1 hour ago, Mat68 said:

Who will pay more money? Who has 2 RBS and who has a bigger need?  Howard, and Cohen are the best 1,2 punch in football.  I dont see them being big players on Hunt.

Howard just finished his 3rd season and is likely looking for a huge pay increase. That’s probably the reason they’re sniffing around Hunt. 

3 hours ago, Doc said:

I never said she went to his apartment intending to carry out a racist attack.  But she did and there's no excuse for it, much less because she's a woman and she's mad.  He also wasn't right to shove her and she wasn't right to shove him back.  But again, once it got physical, she should have high-tailed it out of there and called the cops, not escalated it by shoving him back and then going after him.  No doubt alcohol affected their judgments and I suspect that since he's a minor, shoved him back and suffered no real injuries, those are the reasons why she's not pressing charges or even filing a civil suit. 

As for what message it would send, it would be that people deserve second chances.  It happens everywhere, not just the NFL.  And again with a female CEO, the Bills would be the best able to weather any PR storm.   

Oh yah,  SHE should've done this, and SHE should have done that. -But who was the one with everything to lose?

She's a broke college kid who couldn't even buy a ride home!

Someone like that shouldn't have been worth HIS time... Why did HE choose to follow her down the hallway, instead of shutting the door once she was out?

This, plus the other incidents, tells me Hunt doesn't think before pulling the trigger.... Might work on the gridiron, but it's just a matter of time before it all goes left.

36 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Oh yah,  SHE should've done this, and SHE should have done that. -But who was the one with everything to lose?

She's a broke college kid who couldn't even buy a ride home!

Someone like that shouldn't have been worth HIS time... Why did HE choose to follow her down the hallway, instead of shutting the door once she was out?

This, plus the other incidents, tells me Hunt doesn't think before pulling the trigger.... Might work on the gridiron, but it's just a matter of time before it all goes left.

But he is good at playing a game, she is not