Kareem Hunt: “Multiple teams interested” - UPDATE: Signed by BROWNS

Alphadawg7

Kareem Hunt: To sign or not to sign...  

367 members have voted

1. 1. Should Beane and the Bills pursue Hunt?

• Yes
    • No

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Now that I had a chance to sleep on it, you're right.

I need to not only apologize to Kareem Hunt for my blind judgment ... I need to THANK HIM for showing restraint and not taking the "ample opportunity to seriously harm her."

He's a true humanitarian.  

Isnt that what they tell women in shelters when they arrive? "Its ok, he could have always beat you worse so he is a horrible person..... he isnt one of those vile disgusting animals who kneel during the anthem....."

Theres always a defence or support and cries for rehabilitation when they are good at sports. Truly the people that dont think  he should be reinstated are bad  people for denying him the ability to feed his family by not being able to make millions playing a game for one small incident.....

• Like (+1) 1

If you believe that the rate of any crime committed by the National Felon League's players, is not statistically significantly higher than all occupations, please post the link to that research. That argument is merely a way to absolve yourself of thinking you're rooting for scumbags. And further, explain the NHL domestic violence rates relates to your hypothesis that all males of occupations beat the hell out of their female companions. The issue for me is very simple: 

1. You don't need any single person to be a successful football team, even the QB. All players are replaceable at or about replacement level output. Remember, 12 QBs make the playoffs every year, 1 wins the title. 

2. As an owner of an entity that relies as heavily as any on public relations and marketing, signing a player who has repeatedly been in trouble with the law is inviting unnecessary attention when #1 remains true, especially with RBs. It's not like it's a private company hiring an accountant to toil away anonymously in a cubicle.

3. Those saying every deserves a second chance, what about a 3rd and 4th chance? When do we agree that a piece of garbage is a piece of garbage. What message is sent to this turd when he's been drafted, rostered, played, cut, and resigned and all the while been told "here's another chance and a few million."

4. As a fan, I don't need my team signing this loser, I want no association with this type of deplorable and I'd have a real hard time spending the money on season tickets to go and be forced to root for a woman beater. And to the idiot who called it "pushing away" or "defending himself" or however you phrased it to downplay it and ignore the fact he went back and kicked her, you're a special type of deplorable. 

5. Also and lastly, as a fan, I don't need wins from this team to make me happy, define my life, determine how I see tomorrow, or feel successful. Sports are not life. The Bills are a 3 hour distraction every weekend. I've worked hard to achieve and be successful, I don't turn to this team like so many do as a validation of their life. I don't cry when they lose. It doesn't ruin my Monday or week. Too many people are overly invested in a game. It's pathetic.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, zonabb said:

If you believe that the rate of any crime committed by the National Felon League's players, is not statistically significantly higher than all occupations, please post the link to that research. That argument is merely a way to absolve yourself of thinking you're rooting for scumbags. And further, explain the NHL domestic violence rates relates to your hypothesis that all males of occupations beat the hell out of their female companions. The issue for me is very simple: 

1. You don't need any single person to be a successful football team, even the QB. All players are replaceable at or about replacement level output. Remember, 12 QBs make the playoffs every year, 1 wins the title. 

2. As an owner of an entity that relies as heavily as any on public relations and marketing, signing a player who has repeatedly been in trouble with the law is inviting unnecessary attention when #1 remains true, especially with RBs. It's not like it's a private company hiring an accountant to toil away anonymously in a cubicle.

3. Those saying every deserves a second chance, what about a 3rd and 4th chance? When do we agree that a piece of garbage is a piece of garbage. What message is sent to this turd when he's been drafted, rostered, played, cut, and resigned and all the while been told "here's another chance and a few million."

4. As a fan, I don't need my team signing this loser, I want no association with this type of deplorable and I'd have a real hard time spending the money on season tickets to go and be forced to root for a woman beater. And to the idiot who called it "pushing away" or "defending himself" or however you phrased it to downplay it and ignore the fact he went back and kicked her, you're a special type of deplorable. 

5. Also and lastly, as a fan, I don't need wins from this team to make me happy, define my life, determine how I see tomorrow, or feel successful. Sports are not life. The Bills are a 3 hour distraction every weekend. I've worked hard to achieve and be successful, I don't turn to this team like so many do as a validation of their life. I don't cry when they lose. It doesn't ruin my Monday or week. Too many people are overly invested in a game. It's pathetic.

Can he get a witness? ^

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, zonabb said:

Post of the day.  

2 hours ago, davspo said:

After looking at the video again, it just seems that he is being disproportionately punished.  Many have done much worse- see Ray Lewis.  Just my two cents.  

When discussing the diameter, shape and overall countours of a turd burger, at the end of the day, whether it's a single patty melt or a double with extra cheese, it's still an inexcusable turd burger. Carry on. 

7 hours ago, GaryPinC said:

It is blind judgement on your part, and I find it pathetic.  I'm not absolving him in  any way, simply trying to lend perspective beyond press reports.  I've seen him do good things, show people kindness and respect, including myself.  

Anyone who watches the entire video with any kind of rationality realizes Hunt had ample opportunity to seriously harm her and did not.  What he did was borne out of frustration and disrespect.  Absolutely wrong, but not in the realm of your social-media-style panic wh*re condemnations.

Oh wow--no broken bones? So glad he can absolutely be trusted to show appropriate restraint in a domestic situation like that! Look, let's just accept that what he did is rightfully reprehensible, and that he now has an existing track record, pattern of violent altercations (3), so he's lost any benefit of the doubt. Would you be cool with him dating a close female relative of yours? Just hope it's a definite "no." 

13 hours ago, row_33 said:

And the fact that the game destroys the brains and bodies of those who play it

Absolutely. They talk all day long about concern for player safety, but then they add Thursday night games and provide woefully inadequate pensions. They talk all day long about the personal conduct policy, but then more seriously punish people for smoking cannabis or peacefully taking a knee than they do for beating a woman or murdering someone. It's disgraceful.

The NFL only cares about one thing: $$$

Their hypocrisy, greed, and disregard for the lives of those who helped and continue to help build their league is truly vile, and I'm a weak football addict for continuing to stick with them. 

13 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

I just don't understand this. Domestic Violence is a serious offense. It's a misdemeanor, but it's a serious offense. There are also degrees of offense. For instance, Ray Rice mercilessly beat a woman. This does not rise to that level. Should someone be banished for life from their profession for this offense? I say no. I say a first time offender is suspended 6-8 games, but banishment is really excessive.

The penalty currently is 6 games for DV.

Rice was not "banished for life". 

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

Now that I had a chance to sleep on it, you're right.

I need to not only apologize to Kareem Hunt for my blind judgment ... I need to THANK HIM for showing restraint and not taking the "ample opportunity to seriously harm her."

He's a true humanitarian.  

What you really need to do is remove your head from your rectum and allow your small mindedness to expand.  I have far more confidence Kareem will achieve that over you.

Just now, GaryPinC said:

What you really need to do is remove your head from your rectum and allow your small mindedness to expand.  I have far more confidence Kareem will achieve that over you.

What you really need to do is to stop making excuses for a woman beater and know a bad apple when you see one.

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I wasn’t equating their backgrounds or personalities. I was comparing them as two examples of how I don’t think it’s the best idea to be playing in their hometowns - for various reasons. 

Ok,I get that, but one of his fights was in KC, also Hunt is genuinely grateful for his experiences in Willoughby and how they put him on a much better life path.  So it's harder for me to agree with your comparison.  Chad Kelly goes home to a HS game and gets in an altercation, Hunt happily goes back to show his appreciation to fans and everyone he knows.

12 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The penalty currently is 6 games for DV.

Rice was not "banished for life". 

6 games seems fair. I will say that what Rice did is not the equivalent of what Hunt did. We have trouble as a society distinguishing degree of offense. Rice wasn't banished, but at his age, he wasn't worth the PR hit. And his actions were far, far worse.

• Like (+1) 2

It's pretty ridiculous that IK Enemkpali got only a 4 game suspension for breaking Geno Smith's jaw.

Meanwhile everyone wants Hunt's career ended for a love tap in comparison simply because this one involved a woman (not to mention that woman was attacking Hunt too unlike Geno).

This is another case of complete gender discrimination against men.

1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Oh wow--no broken bones? So glad he can absolutely be trusted to show appropriate restraint in a domestic situation like that! Look, let's just accept that what he did is rightfully reprehensible, and that he now has an existing track record, pattern of violent altercations (3), so he's lost any benefit of the doubt. Would you be cool with him dating a close female relative of yours? Just hope it's a definite "no." 

Of course what he did is reprehensible, but at this point he definitely deserves the chance to change himself. 

WRT your other point, years ago a friend of my wife started dating a US Marshal who had moved to CLE to get away from his ex wife and essentially abandoned his kids.  To boot, the friend still hadn't finished her divorce.  I was totally not cool with the situation and he agreed to meet me at a bar and talk about it.  At the end of that I was cool, he was in a terrible situation and did what he felt was best.

The funny thing was he specializes in interrogation and was stressed out and sweating bullets ahead of our meeting.  They're still married over 10 years now.

So if a female relative wanted to date Kareem, I first would be respectful of her though very concerned but could be ok with it if Kareem was willing to go one on one, look me in the eye and address all my concerns.

Edited by GaryPinC

28 minutes ago, Gugny said:

What you really need to do is to stop making excuses for a woman beater and know a bad apple when you see one.

I do know a bad apple when I see one and Kareem is not a bad apple.  He's demonstrated kindness, respect, self deprecating humor, appreciation, giving and humility.  And he's a very hard worker.

He definitely has got serious issues and I believe he'll get them fixed because he is a caring person.  And I'm definitely rooting for him.

33 minutes ago, suorangefan4 said:

It's pretty ridiculous that IK Enemkpali got only a 4 game suspension for breaking Geno Smith's jaw.

Meanwhile everyone wants Hunt's career ended for a love tap in comparison simply because this one involved a woman (not to mention that woman was attacking Hunt too unlike Geno).

This is another case of complete gender discrimination against men.

She was laying on the ground, had fallen over, not a threat, it was done ...and he decided to go back for more and kick her. 

Edited by YoloinOhio