Kareem Hunt: “Multiple teams interested” - UPDATE: Signed by BROWNS

Alphadawg7

Kareem Hunt: To sign or not to sign...  

367 members have voted

1. 1. Should Beane and the Bills pursue Hunt?

• Yes
    • No

I think Shady is on his last leg, he has obviously lost a step and the elusiveness has taken a hit as well. Hunt would've been the perfect type of RB to pair with a big mobile QB like Allen. With a upgraded O-Line I could easily see Hunt rushing for 1,200 and 10 TD's even with a two game suspension.

16 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

I don't know Kareem but my understanding is he has no relationship with his father, and dad was a big reason they left Elyria.

Kareem may have problems being a violent drunk but he is not an ahole.  South hasn't had a good team in several years, so when Hunt showed up I spent plenty of time observing him.  Quiet, but very open body language and quick to smile for the kids and anyone he talked with.  Intense competitor but also more laid back than anything.  Also stayed the entire game when he probably should have left at halftime. 

He's not some angry attitude guy, in fact just the opposite.

Whoever the tweeter is who claims Hunt had violence problems here at South HS, well I'll look into it but I've never heard anything of the sort here.  Most talk of him being, quiet, humble and respectful.

Obviously he's got some serious problems to resolve but the amount of blind judgement here is just astounding. 

Don’t get me wrong. I hope he rehabs. Violent and drunk is no way to go through life. I wish him luck, but I just feel he went to the one place that I don’t think will be able to keep him focused. No veteran leadership, home town trouble, negative influences abound. He also will be behind the 8 ball coming off a year not playing football and a suspension, and will need to compete for carries in a backfield that is already established . Just think he has an uphill battle. But it may have been his only option. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Sometimes I wish I weren't so hopelessly addicted to football and the Buffalo Bills, because the NFL is gross, and its conduct is often reprehensible. 

The league's actions indicate again and again that they're perfectly fine with domestic abuse and violence. Just don't smoke marijuana or peacefully protest against police violence, by golly!

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

Sometimes I wish I weren't so hopelessly addicted to football and the Buffalo Bills, because the NFL is gross, and its conduct is often reprehensible. 

The league's actions indicate again and again that they're perfectly fine with domestic abuse and violence. Just don't smoke marijuana or peacefully protest against police violence, by golly!

And the fact that the game destroys the brains and bodies of those who play it

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

I just don't understand this. Domestic Violence is a serious offense. It's a misdemeanor, but it's a serious offense. There are also degrees of offense. For instance, Ray Rice mercilessly beat a woman. This does not rise to that level. Should someone be banished for life from their profession for this offense? I say no. I say a first time offender is suspended 6-8 games, but banishment is really excessive.

Meh, I could care less about this signing. I don't want players that have ***** character on this team period. Give me players who want to be here and are team first. 

This organisation is on the right path, a signing like this would not be sticking to the plan. Onwards and upwards. 

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, GaryPinC said:

I don't know Kareem but my understanding is he has no relationship with his father, and dad was a big reason they left Elyria.

Kareem may have problems being a violent drunk but he is not an ahole.  South hasn't had a good team in several years, so when Hunt showed up I spent plenty of time observing him.  Quiet, but very open body language and quick to smile for the kids and anyone he talked with.  Intense competitor but also more laid back than anything.  Also stayed the entire game when he probably should have left at halftime. 

He's not some angry attitude guy, in fact just the opposite.

Whoever the tweeter is who claims Hunt had violence problems here at South HS, well I'll look into it but I've never heard anything of the sort here.  Most talk of him being, quiet, humble and respectful.

Obviously he's got some serious problems to resolve but the amount of blind judgement here is just astounding. 

I'm sure there are many reasons that Hunt is a scumbag.  But the bottom line is that he's a scumbag.  He's not a good person.  That's not blind judgment.  He's a dangerous, violent person who comes from a family of violent scumbags.  This dude is no good.  Woman beating cowardly scumbag.

22 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'm sure there are many reasons that Hunt is a scumbag.  But the bottom line is that he's a scumbag.  He's not a good person.  That's not blind judgment.  He's a dangerous, violent person who comes from a family of violent scumbags.  This dude is no good.  Woman beating cowardly scumbag.

Not even the Bengals would sign him

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

It is blind judgement on your part, and I find it pathetic.  I'm not absolving him in  any way, simply trying to lend perspective beyond press reports.  I've seen him do good things, show people kindness and respect, including myself.  

Anyone who watches the entire video with any kind of rationality realizes Hunt had ample opportunity to seriously harm her and did not.  What he did was borne out of frustration and disrespect.  Absolutely wrong, but not in the realm of your social-media-style panic wh*re condemnations.

Edited by GaryPinC

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Don’t get me wrong. I hope he rehabs. Violent and drunk is no way to go through life. I wish him luck, but I just feel he went to the one place that I don’t think will be able to keep him focused. No veteran leadership, home town trouble, negative influences abound. He also will be behind the 8 ball coming off a year not playing football and a suspension, and will need to compete for carries in a backfield that is already established . Just think he has an uphill battle. But it may have been his only option. 

I get you and respect your opinions, all great points that may derail Hunt.  But it's hard to say for sure.

I don't know Chad Kelly, but my impression is that he's a self-centered, entitled punk and that is completely opposite to how Kareem Hunt carries himself and behaves while he is around Willoughby.

I feel your equating Hunt to Kelly is completely unfair, and at the crux of my responses to you.

2 hours ago, GaryPinC said:

It is blind judgement on your part, and I find it pathetic.  I'm not absolving him in  any way, simply trying to lend perspective beyond press reports.  I've seen him do good things, show people kindness and respect, including myself.  

Anyone who watches the entire video with any kind of rationality realizes Hunt had ample opportunity to seriously harm her and did not.  What he did was borne out of frustration and disrespect.  Absolutely wrong, but not in the realm of your social-media-style panic wh*re condemnations.

Now that I had a chance to sleep on it, you're right.

I need to not only apologize to Kareem Hunt for my blind judgment ... I need to THANK HIM for showing restraint and not taking the "ample opportunity to seriously harm her."

He's a true humanitarian.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GaryPinC said:

I get you and respect your opinions, all great points that may derail Hunt.  But it's hard to say for sure.

I don't know Chad Kelly, but my impression is that he's a self-centered, entitled punk and that is completely opposite to how Kareem Hunt carries himself and behaves while he is around Willoughby.

I feel your equating Hunt to Kelly is completely unfair, and at the crux of my responses to you.

I wasn’t equating their backgrounds or personalities. I was comparing them as two examples of how I don’t think it’s the best idea to be playing in their hometowns - for various reasons. 

Just listen to Mary Kay on NFL radio, (Browns beat reporter), she said that Hunt's father was arrested recently on drug trafficking charges.  Not sure how relevant it is, but questioning the support system he has in Cleveland with his family.  

8 minutes ago, davspo said:

Just listen to Mary Kay on NFL radio, (Browns beat reporter), she said that Hunt's father was arrested recently on drug trafficking charges.  Not sure how relevant it is, but questioning the support system he has in Cleveland with his family.  

He’s been arrested 35 times. He was caught selling crack at a days inn. It’s sad, but I don’t think he’s around him anymore. That said his dad has no source of income per the recent arrest report so not sure if he tries to get money from his son.