Kareem Hunt: “Multiple teams interested” - UPDATE: Signed by BROWNS

Alphadawg7

Kareem Hunt: To sign or not to sign...  

367 members have voted

1. 1. Should Beane and the Bills pursue Hunt?

• Yes
    • No

20 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The similarity to Chad is that imo, your hometown Brohios aren’t always the best people to be around because they can enable you and drag you down. Kareem’s father just got arrested for selling crack last week. It was the 35th (!) time he’s best arrested. Sometimes it’s best to be away from the family and entourage. There are a lot of stories about him going back to HS. It could be best if he’s not right back in the thick of it.

I’m glad he’s done some good things in Cleveland too and wasnt an A hole to you when you shook his hand. 

...Jesus, that's one helluva role model...these kids either stay in the game or end up dead in the streets......or even in the river sadly as to how James Hardy's life ended so young.....

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Which young guy that has better skills than Hunt?

My guess is a mid rounder 4th rd pick target with Shady like ability is Devin Singletary from FAU.  Same school Dorsey was Ass’t AD at so OBD may pick him based on some addl insight. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, davspo said:

Cleveland got better today.  The Bills did not.  If they had a chance at singing him for anything less than double what Cleveland is paying him, they made a mistake.  

A feature back who may be good for 10-12 games next year?  Bills are all set with that already...

Anyway, do the Browns now release Greg Joseph?

23 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

My guess is a mid rounder 4th rd pick target with Shady like ability is Devin Singletary from FAU.  Same school Dorsey was Ass’t AD at so OBD may pick him based on some addl insight. 

Seems to be a consistent misconception on here. Dorsey was never assistant AD at FAU. He was with FIU. As to your other point, I’d be fine with Motor in the 4th. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

A feature back who may be good for 10-12 games next year?  Bills are all set with that already...

Anyway, do the Browns now release Greg Joseph?

You really think Shady still has it or is anywhere near as good as Hunt RIGHT NOW? Run blocking aside, I didn't see that burst. Hope you're correct.

3 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

You really think Shady still has it or is anywhere near as good as Hunt RIGHT NOW? Run blocking aside, I didn't see that burst. Hope you're correct.

I was kidding.  If McCoy isn't getting the carries next year, he'll check out again.

But I'm with you.  He's done.  Bills need a young strong back who can get his own yards.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I was kidding.  If McCoy isn't getting the carries next year, he'll check out again.

But I'm with you.  He's done.  Bills need a young strong back who can get his own yards.

Didn't sleep last night. My sarc meter is way off. 

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

To paraphrase Ahhhnold:  "sleep is for babies"!

It's not a tumaahhhh. But totally concur that the Bills are most certainly not set at the RB position. Ok, we didn't sign Hunt. That's fine. But they cannot go into next season thinking a 30 plus year old Shady is going to find the fountain of youth. Needs to be addressed.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

It's not a tumaahhhh. But totally concur that the Bills are most certainly not set at the RB position. Ok, we didn't sign Hunt. That's fine. But they cannot go into next season thinking a 30 plus year old Shady is going to find the fountain of youth. Needs to be addressed.

Don't need Hunt or Bell.  Plenty of RB talent in the draft.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Don't need Hunt or Bell.  Plenty of RB talent in the draft.  

I have zero interest in expending the kind of resources required to get Bell. I actually think he's a TAD overrated. Very good player, but not so sure he's not at least partially a byproduct of the system. Definitely can find a RB in Rd 3/4/ or even 5. Now picking the right one...

2 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I have zero interest in expending the kind of resources required to get Bell. I actually think he's a TAD overrated. Very good player, but not so sure he's not at least partially a byproduct of the system. Definitely can find a RB in Rd 3/4/ or even 5. Now picking the right one...

Look at this past year's rookie RBs: Barkely, Chubb, Lindsay and Michel just showed up and popped into the top 10 (Michel was 15).

Proof that RB big money is the second dumbest big money spent in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

I stand corrected.  Thx

No worries! Wasn’t trying to call you out specifically. I’m a frequent reader, and just something I’ve seen come up a few times in different threads. Lane Kiffin and Butch Davis have brought a little buzz to each program, but FAU and FIU may as well be the same on the broader college football landscape.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

The similarity to Chad is that imo, your hometown Brohios aren’t always the best people to be around because they can enable you and drag you down. Kareem’s father just got arrested for selling crack last week. It was the 35th (!) time he’s best arrested. Sometimes it’s best to be away from the family and entourage. There are a lot of stories about him going back to HS. It could be best if he’s not right back in the thick of it.

I’m glad he’s done some good things in Cleveland too and wasnt an A hole to you when you shook his hand. 

I don't know Kareem but my understanding is he has no relationship with his father, and dad was a big reason they left Elyria.

Kareem may have problems being a violent drunk but he is not an ahole.  South hasn't had a good team in several years, so when Hunt showed up I spent plenty of time observing him.  Quiet, but very open body language and quick to smile for the kids and anyone he talked with.  Intense competitor but also more laid back than anything.  Also stayed the entire game when he probably should have left at halftime. 

He's not some angry attitude guy, in fact just the opposite.

Whoever the tweeter is who claims Hunt had violence problems here at South HS, well I'll look into it but I've never heard anything of the sort here.  Most talk of him being, quiet, humble and respectful.

Obviously he's got some serious problems to resolve but the amount of blind judgement here is just astounding.