Kareem Hunt: “Multiple teams interested” - UPDATE: Signed by BROWNS

Alphadawg7

Kareem Hunt: To sign or not to sign...  

367 members have voted

1. 1. Should Beane and the Bills pursue Hunt?

• Yes
    • No

I understand the temptation but I’d rather take Tevin Coleman and a draft pick. I want a guy ready to play right away.  I actually am not sure McCoy is back. I’m 50/50 - Beane says he will be but that’s easy to explain away (we felt it was the best decision for our team at this time yadda yadda)

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I understand the temptation but I’ll take Tevin Coleman and a draft picks I actually am not sure McCoy is back. I’m 50/50 - Beane says he will be but that’s easy to explain away (we felt it was the best decision for our team at this time yadda yadda)

McCoy is done. I don't know how anyone can think otherwise.  A dancing-runner who's lost a step is toast.

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

McCoy is done. I don't know how anyone can think otherwise.  A dancing-runner who's lost a step is toast.

It wasn’t giving my opinion on McCoy. I’m 50/50 on what I think the Bills will do, not what I would do. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

27 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Which young guy that has better skills than Hunt?

I think we trade down and grab one in the late 3rd Rd. I'm not well versed enough in cfb to speak on a specific player but I am very high on and impressed with Beane and his scouts. I mean just look at the young influx of talent littered throughout this roster, impressive to say the least

16 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Roger that.

Think he's toast?

Not to be repetitive, but we know that the "cliff" is a real phenomenon over age 29 with RB's reaction speeds, bursts, ability to shake off the first tackler, etc. What would make McCoy an exception to this rule? Has his workload been dramatically less than those of his peers from a mileage standpoint? No. Maybe he's incrementally better than the next guy with his nutrition, offseason programs and the like, but I'm not sold. A nice piece from 2015 about this issue for running backs here:

https://sports.cbslocal.com/2015/08/25/running-backs-who-can-avoid-falling-off-the-cliff/

19 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Roger that.

Think he's toast?

One of Shadys most impressive attributes is in the pass game , and even in a down year , when he was targeted on 3rd down , he found a way to get past the sticks.

There was a thread about 2 weeks ago , about Shady having one of the best yac for RB , problem was he just wasn't targeted enough. I feel that's his biggest asset at this stage. 

Proof...

4 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

One of Shadys most impressive attributes is in the pass game , and even in a down year , when he was targeted on 3rd down , he found a way to get past the sticks.

There was a thread about 2 weeks ago , about Shady having one of the best yac for RB , problem was he just wasn't targeted enough. I feel that's his biggest asset at this stage. 

Proof...

If they do keep him, I think (I hope) that he will he used in more of a Kamara/McCaffrey type hybrid role in the passing/run game than an every down RB. He’s a unique player, but to continue to get production out of him at this age and this price, you have to adapt his role. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Like I said.....could care less about Hunt......I really have a hard time believing we were that interested.

Doesnt sound like a McD guy

Another gold plated RB with issues?

3 hours ago, GaryPinC said:

No.  Kareem has done a lot of good around here.  I've shaken his hand and can promise you he's not an ahole like Chad Kelly. 

He needs to grow up and choose his friends better.  I would guess he came here to CLE  to be close to his mom and the things he cares about while he gets back on track.

He's early 20's, had a rough childhood before moving across town to Willoughby, and has made some poor decisions.  He's not unforgivable.

Dorsey is the man. Considering many RB's burn out after a few years he's really hedged his bets.

The similarity to Chad is that imo, your hometown Brohios aren’t always the best people to be around because they can enable you and drag you down. Kareem’s father just got arrested for selling crack last week. It was the 35th (!) time he’s best arrested. Sometimes it’s best to be away from the family and entourage. There are a lot of stories about him going back to HS. It could be best if he’s not right back in the thick of it.

I’m glad he’s done some good things in Cleveland too and wasnt an A hole to you when you shook his hand. 

Edited by YoloinOhio