Kareem Hunt: “Multiple teams interested” - UPDATE: Signed by BROWNS

Alphadawg7

Kareem Hunt: To sign or not to sign...  

367 members have voted

1. 1. Should Beane and the Bills pursue Hunt?

• Yes
    • No

47 minutes ago, Mountain Man said:

It isn't low risk though. It will really annoying their young star RB, and it sends a terrible message to the locker room

I disagree. If a second year player is annoyed at competition then he isn't worth anything to begin with. As for the locker room, that's all about messaging. Saying that we believe in second chances but you gotta keep your crap together isn't a bad message to send to the locker room. Everyone makes mistakes, everyone has issues in their past. The franchise QB was arrested for running from cops. This isn't that different, it's about what he does when he's a member of the Browns. 

3 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Well, the browns' gain is our loss, unfortunately. That was a playmaker that could be had cheap.

I think Hunt is a bit overrated , his whole , short career , he has had defenses really keying in on Hill and Kelce. I'm not saying he's not a very good RB , I just think the Chiefs didn't really miss a beat without him. 

He would obviously be a nice piece on offense but as cliche as it is , he just didn't fit in the bigger picture of the culture being built here. I still think Shady is better too, he's going to have a huge bounce back year but we do need youth there,not sold on Murphy

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I disagree. If a second year player is annoyed at competition then he isn't worth anything to begin with. As for the locker room, that's all about messaging. Saying that we believe in second chances but you gotta keep your crap together isn't a bad message to send to the locker room. Everyone makes mistakes, everyone has issues in their past. The franchise QB was arrested for running from cops. This isn't that different, it's about what he does when he's a member of the Browns. 

The NFL investigated three incidents.  Technically it his fourth chance.  And I don't say that to be snarky at you, but really to say that I wish the NFL was better than to accept this sort of behavior and let guys continue to be stars in their league.  Its the way it is, but I wish it was better. 

Just now, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

The NFL investigated three incidents.  Technically it his fourth chance.  And I don't say that to be snarky at you, but really to say that I wish the NFL was better than to accept this sort of behavior and let guys continue to be stars in their league.  Its the way it is, but I wish it was better. 

That's definitely on the NFL, the Chiefs, and the Police. The Browns only interest is what he does from here forward. 

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

Shady's done, dude. Like toast.

I guess we'll find out because he's not going anywhere and with his salary will be a huge piece on O. I just watched a season highlight video and he still has that elite vision and cutting . His injury and terrible ol really hurt him. I truly expect a big year from him and we need to use him WAY more in the pass game. He was criminally underutilized in the pass game this year. He still has the juice

38 minutes ago, H2o said:

To me, personally, I don't get the fit. They have Chubb who looked like a stud RB in his own right last year at times. They got rid of Hyde because of Chubb. Now you sign Hunt to put Chubb back on the shelf? 

Hunt won't put Chubb on the shelf. He'll be suspended for a bit anyway. Now, especially with Duke, they can run like crazy and keep a fresh back.  Also, Duke can be a WR at this point too, and mix in some runs. 

12 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Schopp is going off on the Bills for being mentioned in a story as if they signed Hunt to a 5 year deal and put his jersey on the front page.   Lol

This didn't happen.

But I know there is a narrative to maintain about that sports talk show and perhaps you were feeling neglected and wanted some attention.:lol:

19 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I think Hunt is a bit overrated , his whole , short career , he has had defenses really keying in on Hill and Kelce. I'm not saying he's not a very good RB , I just think the Chiefs didn't really miss a beat without him. 

He would obviously be a nice piece on offense but as cliche as it is , he just didn't fit in the bigger picture of the culture being built here. I still think Shady is better too, he's going to have a huge bounce back year but we do need youth there,not sold on Murphy

If Beane’s plan is having Shady back as numero uno then I’m leaning towards Coach Tuesday’s line of thinking.

Beane needs to add some playmakers and stop tinkering around with the all toast team candidates. I don’t think Hunt was a big miss he is going to miss a handful of games just from suspension, for all we know he may not even had been an option.

They need to draft a stud or trade for one and stop signing old running backs like Ivory. RB is the easiest position to find, fix it! 

34 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Well, the browns' gain is our loss, unfortunately. That was a playmaker that could be had cheap.

He's going on the commissioner's exempt list until the NFL sorts everything out, then he'll serve a 6 game suspension.

So he's the opposite of a playmaker because he won't see the field for a long, long time.

5 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

If Beane’s plan is having Shady back as numero uno then I’m leaning towards Coach Tuesday’s line of thinking.

Beane needs to add some playmakers and stop tinkering around with the all toast team candidates. I don’t think Hunt was a big miss he is going to miss a handful of games just from suspension, for all we know he may not even had been an option.

They need to draft a stud or trade for one and stop signing old running backs like Ivory. RB is the easiest position to find, fix it! 

I personally think we're going to add a young guy and have a 1a 1b type of situation at RB.