Kareem Hunt: “Multiple teams interested” - UPDATE: Signed by BROWNS

Alphadawg7

Kareem Hunt: To sign or not to sign...  

367 members have voted

1. 1. Should Beane and the Bills pursue Hunt?

• Yes
    • No

23 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I would be more surprised if Chicago signed him due to the fact they already have 2 good RBs.

15 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The Nagy connection is probably quite strong.

I will be shocked if anyone pays him much.......he kinda' needs to earn his way back on the cheap.

But if it were down to those teams the Bills would have more to gain and may be willing offer him the more favorable contract length.........one year........where I would assume Chicago(or any other team taking on his issues) would want 2 years.    The Bears in particular already have a deep backfield that they might want to let shake out for a couple seasons.

The Bills should be a motivated shopper and while I don't highly value RB's this would be a good first step toward what is hopefully a series of major offseason moves.

Agree with both of these statements. While the Nagy connection would certainly be a draw for Hunt, it doesn't seem to make a lot of sense for either him or the Bears. Chicago has Cohen & Howard. If the Bills take a chance on him, anyone espousing the "he's not a process guy" philosophy for this organization would have to rethink that stance. If nothing else, it would show that Beane and McDermott are more open minded than many of us have given them credit for to this point, IMO. If Hunt checks out, sign him. His first contract is likely to be an inexpensive "prove it" deal. If he's put his demons behind him, he's a very talented back who would immediately upgrade the offense.

• Like (+1) 2

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 12:48 PM, LSHMEAB said:

I'd be fine with it. Not a big fan of writing guys off. Bonus; he'd help the football team. I didn't find the video particularly egregious. Charges were warranted yet not pursued, but it was a forgivable offense IMO.

If Nagy wants him, the Bills should probably want him too.

Well said, I didn't think the video was bad at all.  In fact I thought he showed some restraint.  I would love the Bills to go after him but my guess is Pegula's better half will put the kabosh if Beane tries to pursue.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Gordio said:

Well said, I didn't think the video was bad at all.  In fact I thought he showed some restraint.  I would love the Bills to go after him but my guess is Pegula's better half will put the kabosh if Beane tries to pursue.  

If she's worth a damn as an owner and wants to win, she'll do her due diligence and then trust the football men she's put in place to vet him and do their jobs accordingly.

Just now, ExWNYer said:

If she's worth a damn as an owner and wants to win, she'll do her due diligence and then trust the football men she's put in place to vet him and do their jobs accordingly.

Excellent point but I wouldn't count on it.  

1 minute ago, Elite Poster said:

I'll take anyone, for the right price.

He needs to clear his name as well. Transparency is key.

this is where i'm at with it.  what he did wasn't good, but it's something you can come back from, and after a few years without trouble, i'm sure most will have moved on from it.

For anyone claiming Albright isn't a good source:

He was on the "Buffalo loves Josh Allen" train from day one of last offseason. He never moved off that stance, no matter how much ***** Bills fans gave him for it. And I watched, and I remember: Bills fans gave him A LOT of ***** for that "scoop". He didn't budge.

He was right.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

They said that about Vick, who was LIGHT YEARRRRRRSSSSS worse.  Everything was fine.  

SIGN HUNT!  People act like he beat her or something.  He made very little contact...no where near the level of Ray Rice or Zeke, or Tyreek Hill, etc etc.  Was it excusable, no absolutely not, it was definitely a bad mistake.  But, its also not unforgivable if he learns from this mistake and grows as a person.  This isnt something he can't "comeback" from.  

Yeppp. While I prefer to remain pessimistic about the prospects of landing Hunt, time(and lack of future incidents) heal all wounds. The Mike Vick example is spot on. It was a story; until he started performing well and didn't have any issues.

Hunt would be great not only as a ballcarrier but as a safety valve for Allen. I'm of the opinion that Shady is toast.

Redemption/forgiveness is a pretty big tenet of you know what. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Logic said:

He was on the "Buffalo loves Josh Allen" train from day one of last offseason. He never moved off that stance, no matter how much ***** Bills fans gave him for it. And I watched, and I remember: Bills fans gave him A LOT of ***** for that "scoop". He didn't budge.

He was right.

2temwj.jpg

• Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Logic said:

He was right.

It’s also the same guy who tweeted “it’s Darnold” and then deleted it only so he could act like he leaked the Browns first pick. OFC he had it wrong anyways. Also, the same guy who tried to get fans to pay for content with unreleased Info on McCoy and then laid out a big nothing burger.

1 hour ago, BuffaloRebound said:

This is where Buffalo being off the radar on the national scene could be beneficial.  I think most people agree he’s not Ray Rice and deserves a 2nd shot at some point.  

I actually agree with this. Being in Chicago with that media might not be the best for him if he wants to lay low and rehabilitate his career.

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Hunt is very talented though.

That is an understatement.  IMO he was the best back in the league last year before he was released.  KC definitely missed him, even though they continued to score points.

• Like (+1) 1

Hunt can go play for another team. The guy would never see employment in any business I was involved in after that lone incident, and I don't care if he was not charged and let go. I saw the video, and Hunt is not even entering discussion with the Bills IMO. 

Sorry guys the video is clear, someone will give him his 2nd chance but with the crap the Bills are enduring with sexual misconduct in there offices, Kim Pegula's stature as a champion of woman in the NFL,  they sure not going to let a guy with that damning video anywhere near this locker room. AND RIGHTFULLY SO

• Thank you (+1) 1

I'm not going to say yes or no. Hes obviously a very talented football player who made a really dumb(or multiple dumb) decisions. I will say this. Buffalo is the perfect place for him. We constantly hear from former players who left or have played on opposite teams that there isn't much to do in Buffalo(as it pertains to night life).

There is obviously a need for the Bills at RB, he can focus on football without the issues a "big" city would offer,  and the Bills are an after thought when it comes to the National media. I'm not saying that it wont draw attention, but it will definetely not draw attention for as long as it would if he were to go to a New York, Washington, or Chicago.

The Bills have taken shots before with Richie Incognito being the biggest one obviously but I think it might just work. Everyone talks about the struggle of getting the best players here without overspending on big contracts. Well here's a perfect opportunity. Top 5 RB, looking for a 2nd chance, who will come in at a decent price, that will start here for a long time(pending he stays out of trouble).

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

There is also Shams but Woj is gold standard 

The NBA is interesting as there are certain guys that are very reliable for certain teams.  As a lakers fan ramona shelbourne is the end all be all. 

Woj and lebron don't get along and woj has no lebron sources so he is always the last to know and he writes hit pieces.  Then again schefter showed himself to be a glorified mouthpiece of agents too with the marrone to the jets thing.