Kareem Hunt: “Multiple teams interested” - UPDATE: Signed by BROWNS

Alphadawg7

Kareem Hunt: To sign or not to sign...  

367 members have voted

1. 1. Should Beane and the Bills pursue Hunt?

• Yes
    • No

13 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

That's fine. Should you be precluded from future employment? I could see that if you were a driver, but not an investment banker. The same way a DV counselor would be precluded from future employment in that field should they be involved in such an incident. That's not what we're talking about here.

Ok fair point

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/20/2019 at 12:48 PM, LSHMEAB said:

I'd be fine with it. Not a big fan of writing guys off. Bonus; he'd help the football team. I didn't find the video particularly egregious. Charges were warranted yet not pursued, but it was a forgivable offense IMO.

If Nagy wants him, the Bills should probably want him too.

I agree. While I'll never condone his actions, I don't think that the video I saw is anywhere NEAR as egregious as the Ray Rice incident, or some reported incidents with other players (Greg Hardy, to name one). 

At the same time, I know McDermott would never go for it, which I'm also OK with. 

• Like (+1) 1

Did anyone actually watch that video?

He pushed her and gave her a baby ass kick.

This of course after she was screaming at his face for about 30 seconds and swung at him.

Dont want to be that insensitive guy......but jesus christ.....weve gone soft as a society. 

That said...Id prolly not sign him if I were the Bills. Lmao.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/20/2019 at 1:09 PM, H2o said:

No. There are other options for us. I am not worried about how his talent level is viewed or what he could do for the team. At some point personal integrity and character have to count for something. I still feel he's only sorry because he got caught. There are guys that are talented who will make an impact in this league and for our team, but are better men than him. Just my 2. 

Glad to meet you oh perfect one.  How much integrity does it take to hold a 23 year old kids mistakes against him without offering him a chance to overcome it.  People who think the way you do are the reason why individuals get trapped in a cycle of offence.  Which is why the crime rate is so high.

2 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Glad to meet you oh perfect one.  How much integrity does it take to hold a 23 year old kids mistakes against him without offering him a chance to overcome it.  People who think the way you do are the reason why individuals get trapped in a cycle of offence.  Which is why the crime rate is so high.

I don't claim to be perfect, never have. But I can tell you I have never kicked a woman on the ground after I pushed someone into her so hard that they both flew backward 6-8ft. There are also reports of other incidents that we are not all aware of what happened. The guy is a douche and his "sorry" didn't come out until the video did. I hope he gets his life together off the field. I don't wish him ill will. I don't want him on our team though as well as I wouldn't want someone like Joe Mixon either. 

3 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Please, if he wasnt good at playing a game you wouldnt care about him getting a second chance and would think of him as just another thug. At what point is he old enough to take responsibility for his actions and face the consequences? At 23, this 'kid' can vote, drink, drive a motor vehicle, live independently,  and do just about anything with someone elses permission, at his age he can sign for and give permission for children who are underage. 

At his age, he should know better then to get into situations where he can get into trouble like this. She's much smaller then him, there was no need to get physical like he did unless she pulled a weapon on him and his life was in danger. He became physical and had to be restrained over someone smaller then him. He has seen what can happen to players who have incidents where they are violent to woman.

This also isnt the first time he has had issues before

2 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Please, if he wasnt good at playing a game you wouldnt care about him getting a second chance and would think of him as just another thug. At what point is he old enough to take responsibility for his actions and face the consequences? At 23, this 'kid' can vote, drink, drive a motor vehicle, live independently,  and do just about anything with someone elses permission, at his age he can sign for and give permission for children who are underage. 

At his age, he should know better then to get into situations where he can get into trouble like this. She's much smaller then him, there was no need to get physical like he did unless she pulled a weapon on him and his life was in danger. He became physical and had to be restrained over someone smaller then him. He has seen what can happen to players who have incidents where they are violent to woman.

This also isnt the first time he has had issues before

Talkin to the wrong person there guy.  What makes you so certain Im not a convicted Felon that has turned their life around and been a succesful and helpful member of the community.

You also clearly dont have an understanding of how anger issues and things of that nature work.  He obviously doesnt have good coping skills and is very reactionary. Good news is Anger management and other theropies will likely help and 23 is just a kid.  You dont know what his parents and other adults in his life were like.  Maybe he watched someone beat a woman the whole time he was growing up and adopted a view point that it was ok in order to bring normalcy to his life.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

3 hours ago, H2o said:

I don't claim to be perfect, never have. But I can tell you I have never kicked a woman on the ground after I pushed someone into her so hard that they both flew backward 6-8ft. There are also reports of other incidents that we are not all aware of what happened. The guy is a douche and his "sorry" didn't come out until the video did. I hope he gets his life together off the field. I don't wish him ill will. I don't want him on our team though as well as I wouldn't want someone like Joe Mixon either. 

Actually I think our team would be a good place for his as he would be in an organisation that has players of good character that would help support a new way of doing things for him and not tolerate his old ways.

32 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Actually I think our team would be a good place for his as he would be in an organisation that has players of good character that would help support a new way of doing things for him and not tolerate his old ways.

Per reports he underwent Alcohol and Anger Management counseling in DEC 2018.  In order to be successful in either he must be honest with himself and admit both are at the heart of his problems.  

If he is only one month into his journey into recovery, probably best he concentrate on that and let the NFL thing work itself out.  Stronger case if he can claim 3-4 months sober, and speak to his therapy for anger issues.

I for one hope the young man just gets the help he needs to have a happy rest of his life, with or without the NFL.

All that bull crap about demographics for female viewership is stupid.

The Bills need football players that can run, catch,win.

That attitude over ability crap needs to cease.  The Bills has already lost great players because of this

backward thinking.Can we mention Marshawn Lynch,he has more SB rings than Jim Kelly,and Thurman Thomas

combined.

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

How did the guy who replaced him do in KC?  

that should tell us his value.   

(I think the answer is pretty good) 

If the Bills had to trade a pick, much less a high one, or spend a lot of money on him, I'd balk.  But he's there for free and will be cheap (at first).  And hopefully the Bills build an offense around Josh like Mahomes had around him.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

He's the Woj of the NFL. If it's between Chicago and Buffalo he probably goes to Chicago but boy would I love him on our team. Loved him coming out of Toledo. It would free us up on drafting a RB. He's one of the best in the NFL and only 23. Get that done. 

Comparing Albright to Woj is ridiculous. Sorry. 

• Like (+1) 2