Kareem Hunt: “Multiple teams interested” - UPDATE: Signed by BROWNS

Alphadawg7

Kareem Hunt: To sign or not to sign...  

367 members have voted

1. 1. Should Beane and the Bills pursue Hunt?

• Yes
    • No

12 minutes ago, NewEra said:

No way. I don’t have a problem giving this guy a second chance.  The problem I have, is he’s a RB.  I’d rather go with a rookie on a rookie contract.  The fact that several team are interested will likely end is somewhat of a bidding war.  A war that I wouldn’t want to get involved in, regardless if we have lots of money.  Hunt is a nice player but look at Damian Williams now.  Was he a nice player the last 4 years?  No. Chiefs offense makes every rb look better than they are.  Hunt included.  Again, he’s a good player but he’s not elite imo

That's an interesting point. Considering he was playing on a 4th round rookie contract, he's gonna cash in bigtime because of this incident. Just kind of a strange consequence.

• Like (+1) 2

He’s probably a choir boy in comparison to Richie Incognito, so the Pegula’s may be open to giving him another shot. 

Now there is no excuse for domestic violence, however, we have no idea what that woman did to provoke him. Using a racial slur  (as rumored) towards Hunt could’ve set him off. I didn’t think it was an unforgivable act. It wasn’t a Ray Rice style KO. 

I don’t think his life should be over because of that incident. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LSHMEAB said:

I'd be fine with it. Not a big fan of writing guys off. Bonus; he'd help the football team. I didn't find the video particularly egregious. Charges were warranted yet not pursued, but it was a forgivable offense IMO.

If Nagy wants him, the Bills should probably want him too.

Same thoughts here

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25450892/all-three-incidents-factor-suspension-former-kansas-city-chiefs-rb-kareem-hunt

It looks like there were at least 3 separate incidents in what looks to be a short amount of time (and I’ve heard rumors of more, but who knows if the6 are true), and Kansas City had given him previous warnings about staying out of trouble before his release. 

It would definitely be a risk, IMO. But I don’t really know enough about any of the incidents to have a strong opinion on this subject (though I obviously don’t agree with laying hands on a woman, no matter what she said to provoke you (even if she did call him the n word multiple times (don’t know if that is true or not though)). 

Edited by BillsFan4

You sign this guy and do everything you can to get his life pointed in the right direction. This is a young RB that you can build your franchise around. I think Hunt is a good person but he needs some help with a few things in his personal life. You bring in a RB like this to go with Allens athletic ability and you have yourself on the right path for a quick turnaround. What if we signed Hunt and traded our 1st round pick for A. Brown and upgraded the O-Line in FA and the draft. You have the makings of a good 4 year run, you have elite talent at RB and WR for 4 to 5 years. 

You sign this guy and do everything you can to get his life pointed in the right direction. This is a young RB that you can build your franchise around. I think Hunt is a good person but he needs some help with a few things in his personal life. You bring in a RB like this to go with Allens athletic ability and you have yourself on the right path for a quick turnaround. What if we signed Hunt and traded our 1st round pick for A. Brown and upgraded the O-Line in FA and the draft. You have the makings of a good 4 year run, you have elite talent at RB and WR for 4 to 5 years. 

This team is void of Elite talent at offensive play making positions. Big Ben is a giant D bag and I'm not surprised that their talented players are jumping ship. Rewatch the Bills Giants SB, we need to give Allen a Elite RB and WR to even approach getting back to that level again and two or three are available to be had. On a side note if we just ran Turmanator more against that crap two down lineman 4 LB look that Belicheat came up with we would've destroyed the Giants.

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu

2 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Not a big fan of writing guys off. Bonus; he'd help the football team. I didn't find the video particularly egregious. it was a forgivable offense IMO.

Right, smashing a woman's head into a wall and then kicking her while she's down is forgivable.  Punching an unsuspecting woman in the face in a restaurant/bar was not a big deal as well.  Perhaps the Rae Carruth sentence was also too severe.

I just think it's sad that the chiefs release Hunt , yet keep Tyreke Hill.  It really signifies the power of video evidence.  We can read about somethting but it's almost like our brain can't fully comprehend it until we visually see it .  I'm not excusing Hunts behavior , just wish there was consistent consequences for all .

Edited by Finkle Is Einhorn

3 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Right, smashing a woman's head into a wall and then kicking her while she's down is forgivable.  Punching an unsuspecting woman in the face in a restaurant/bar was not a big deal as well.  Perhaps the Rae Carruth sentence was also too severe.

Not sure we saw the same tape of the Mixon or Hunt incidents.

But you're a lock em up and throw away the key guy, so we're not gonna find common ground. That's fine.

No. It wasn't an isolated incident. 

He's another Reuben Foster. Sure he's a talented football player but due to his poor decision making and impulse control, he's not on the field and he's always one bad Saturday night out on the town from another incident.

• Like (+1) 1