Kareem Hunt: “Multiple teams interested” - UPDATE: Signed by BROWNS

Alphadawg7

Kareem Hunt: To sign or not to sign...  

367 members have voted

1. 1. Should Beane and the Bills pursue Hunt?

• Yes
    • No

24 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

Voted no.  As we have a female CEO don’t see how this signing could fly as sends the wrong message to female fans. 

Actually out of all the teams, the Bills having a female CEO would cause the least amount of PR damage. She could come out and say that she is taking him under her wing and that he knows that he has no more chances, but that everyone deserves a second chance and people need to act responsibly on both sides of the equation. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

I agree with the spirit of your post.  What do you mean by gender equality in this context. If she hit him for example, should she be fired from her job and banned from employment elsewhere.  Or do you mean if Hunt had hit a man, he should be similarly banned? Because from what I have read  a lot of NFL guys hit other guys and there are no repercussions. 

Beautifully said.  

38 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

No shock to me, I was pretty sure he would be back in 2019.  NFL investigation expected to conclude in March and likely suspended for some games to start season.  Chicago and has already openly said they haven’t ruled out signing him and Nagy coached him a year in KC and has stayed in contact with him.  If he’s got multiple suitors, I think he likely signs somewhere with a less crowded backfield than Chicago though.  

I know its a divided TSW on this, so do you hope Beane tries to sign him or hope we stay away?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2816700-kareem-hunt-rumors-rb-expected-to-sign-with-team-sooner-rather-than-later

Considering the type of environment and players McBeane want, and that our team is owned in part by a seemingly intelligent woman, I would say we have no interest in this guy.

I guess it can still be interesting to discuss if we SHOULD be interested in him, but I don't see him coming here anyway.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

I agree with the spirit of your post.  What do you mean by gender equality in this context. If she hit him for example, should she be fired from her job and banned from employment elsewhere.  Or do you mean if Hunt had hit a man, he should be similarly banned? Because from what I have read  a lot of NFL guys hit other guys and there are no repercussions. 

Going easy on a guy who hits women (or beats his wife with a mop - remember him - Greene?) suggests the subservience of women to men. So IMO more going on there than when men (or just women) are involved in a physical altercation. I'm not politically correct. A little scuffle between guys doesn't faze me. Played hockey growing up so been there myself. Stuff happens. Mustn't get out of hand tho.

The kid is talented, no doubt. And when I watched the video of the incident, I too didn't think it was as bad as how it was being portrayed. But, I don't think we really need him at this stage in our team's development.

The problem with our running game was the offensive line. so If we get that fixed, I have confidence that Shady can still play at a high level. And I'd rather see the Bills draft a young RB who is a better culture fit and one of our guys (DNA) to add with Shady, Murphy, and a vet (Ivory or whomever). I mean, why did KC drop him so quickly. Were there other incidents or character issues? I just feel it isn't worth the risk for our team right now. But I also think he should be given a second chance, I'd just rather it not be with the Bills.

• Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

No shock to me, I was pretty sure he would be back in 2019.  NFL investigation expected to conclude in March and likely suspended for some games to start season.  Chicago and has already openly said they haven’t ruled out signing him and Nagy coached him a year in KC and has stayed in contact with him.  If he’s got multiple suitors, I think he likely signs somewhere with a less crowded backfield than Chicago though.  

I know its a divided TSW on this, so do you hope Beane tries to sign him or hope we stay away?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2816700-kareem-hunt-rumors-rb-expected-to-sign-with-team-sooner-rather-than-later

The signing of Hunt is ultimately not a Beane decision because the owners have the last say. This is an organization beyond the football operation that got rid of Brandon and more recently someone who was very high up in their organization because of inappropriate conduct. I doubt that they would change their value system for a football player. 

The Pegulas would look like crass hypocrites if they allowed this player with such a troubled history associated with conduct towards women to be part of this organization. I'm not one to give a career death sentence to anyone unless the person is irredeemable. I don't believe that he is so bad a person that should be precluded from playing again. However, I don't believe he should be brought into this organization because of what this ownership and organization stand for. My position is basically I have no problem with another team signing him and giving him another chance. But not here. 

• Like (+1) 3

38 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

...if I remember correctly 'Dawg, aren't the details of this whole mess sketchy at best?.....and if not mistaken, didn't it happen in February but the hammer game down in Nov-Dec?...thought the Chiefs and Generalissimo Goodell investigated this early on, and the NFL reacted late only because he lied to the Chiefs and cut him?.....aren't we STILL talking about keeping Shady for a year and where are we with his "alleged" indiscretion?......maybe roll the dice on Hunt then?...........

• Like (+1) 1

I’m really surprised at the number of people would sign him.  Besides being a piece of ***** for that video, he has multiple other incidents. 

Even if you believe in second chances, he seems to be a Gordon type that will find ways to get in trouble.  

This also just happened.  Does anyone really believe that he’s not that type of person still?  I’m all for getting good players, but I also want to respect my team. No Brady, no Hunt. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

It was his second violent drunken outburst in

a calender year, he laid out a guy in another incident. FWIW.

And 3rd since drafted.  All while drunk.... see a pattern?   Get some help kid.  Then come back. 

• Like (+1) 1

No way. I don’t have a problem giving this guy a second chance.  The problem I have, is he’s a RB.  I’d rather go with a rookie on a rookie contract.  The fact that several team are interested will likely end is somewhat of a bidding war.  A war that I wouldn’t want to get involved in, regardless if we have lots of money.  Hunt is a nice player but look at Damian Williams now.  Was he a nice player the last 4 years?  No. Chiefs offense makes every rb look better than they are.  Hunt included.  Again, he’s a good player but he’s not elite imo

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

The guy made a mistake,  owned it and either he gets going the right way or he will be out of the league.  Sign him

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Why not, all he did was hit/beat woman, he is good at playing a game and most important, he stands for the national anthem.

This is guy is kidding, right??  Or a completely twisted,  ignorant a**hole?? 

See my bold/italics above, as no way anyone would say the first and then the last bold, right??  And think that standing for the anthem indicates something positive and beating a woman does not indicate the opposite?

I don't know him, so wouldn't know if it is sarcasm, but I am assuming-?

Today in America, really, it is hard to tell...

(That being said, I am in favor of bringing him in, as then more picks for other needs.  But realize the problem in doing so.)

Edited by Mister Defense

4 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

This is guy is kidding, right??  Or a completely twisted,  ignorant a**hole?? 

See my bold/italics above, as no way anyone would say the first and then the last bold, right??  And think that standing for the anthem indicates something positive and beating a woman does not indicate the opposite?

I don't know him, so wouldn't know if it is sarcasm, but I am assuming-?

Either it was sarcasm or I wouldn't sign him.