Kareem Hunt: “Multiple teams interested” - UPDATE: Signed by BROWNS

Alphadawg7

Kareem Hunt: To sign or not to sign...  

367 members have voted

1. 1. Should Beane and the Bills pursue Hunt?

• Yes
    • No

No shock to me, I was pretty sure he would be back in 2019.  NFL investigation expected to conclude in March and likely suspended for some games to start season.  Chicago and has already openly said they haven’t ruled out signing him and Nagy coached him a year in KC and has stayed in contact with him.  If he’s got multiple suitors, I think he likely signs somewhere with a less crowded backfield than Chicago though.  

I know its a divided TSW on this, so do you hope Beane tries to sign him or hope we stay away?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2816700-kareem-hunt-rumors-rb-expected-to-sign-with-team-sooner-rather-than-later

UPDATE 2/11/19 - SIGNED BY BROWNS

Edited by Alphadawg7

I'd be fine with it. Not a big fan of writing guys off. Bonus; he'd help the football team. I didn't find the video particularly egregious. Charges were warranted yet not pursued, but it was a forgivable offense IMO.

If Nagy wants him, the Bills should probably want him too.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I'd be fine with it. Not a big fan of writing guys off. Bonus; he'd help the football team. I didn't find the video particularly egregious. Charges were warranted yet not pursued, but it was a forgivable offense IMO.

If Nagy wants him, the Bills should probably want him too.

Exactly how I feel too :)

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

Voted no.  As we have a female CEO don’t see how this signing could fly as sends the wrong message to female fans. 

Im 100% for gender equality and I agree actions speak louder than words. I would do my due diligence. If this incident was out of character and I could reasonably believe  he understood that it was completely unacceptable I would aggressively pursue him. Otherwise I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

No. There are other options for us. I am not worried about how his talent level is viewed or what he could do for the team. At some point personal integrity and character have to count for something. I still feel he's only sorry because he got caught. There are guys that are talented who will make an impact in this league and for our team, but are better men than him. Just my 2. 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Why not, all he did was hit/beat woman, he is good at playing a game and most important, he stands for the national anthem.

I get it if people aren’t interested, however your recap of the event feels to be quite a stretch of the facts considering he neither hit nor beat her. 

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Im 100% for gender equality and I agree actions speak louder than words. I would do my due diligence. If this incident was out of character and I could reasonably believe  he understood that it was completely unacceptable I would aggressively pursue him. Otherwise I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.

Great post and the same way I would approach it too.

3 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

I voted yes but really wanted a maybe option.

I would like to know more:

1. What are the results of the NFL investigation into the 3 incidences?

2. What does he say and how will he move forward?

3. What contract clauses is he willing to adopt?

Yeah I had more choices at first, but ultimately wanted a more cut and dry yes/no answer to inspire more discussion on those who wanted to expand on the answers.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I get it if people aren’t interested, however your recap of the event feels to be quite a stretch of the facts considering he neither hit nor beat her. 

I think people enjoy riding that high horse as opposed to dealing with facts or nuance. Like a hero complex.

He was shooing away a drunk woman and DID unnecessarily make contact with her. Banished for life I tell ya! He should never work again!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

I agree with the spirit of your post.  What do you mean by gender equality in this context. If she hit him for example, should she be fired from her job and banned from employment elsewhere.  Or do you mean if Hunt had hit a man, he should be similarly banned? Because from what I have read  a lot of NFL guys hit other guys and there are no repercussions.