Bills promote Asst WR coach Chad Hall to replace Robiskie

YoloinOhio

51 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...why not promote from within IF qualified?....they know the drill and process, which cuts down on a newbee's learning/acclimation curve......get right to the heart of teaching & developing....

and now you know the answer

The Process.

• Haha (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Augie said:

Is that photo from his high school yearbook? 

If he can do the job, I’m thrilled. I don’t know how or why the light seemed to go on with Foster, but he looked like a different player at the end of the year. Progress was the name of the game last season. 

Seriously... all these hires making me feel ancient. Chad Hall looks like Connor McDavid

16 hours ago, CNYfan said:

I would still love to see Golden Tate in that receiver room.  Toughness, experience and professionalism for a young room.  

The guys we have and quite likely a top 50-100 draftee in there as well.

Unfortunately, he’s came out and said he wants a chance at a ring. We don’t fit that narrative yet. 

I was a huge fan of his in college and continued to follow through his NFL career. 

18 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I know as much about these guys as most people on the board, which is next to nothing. But they feel like good and positive hires. Lorax's endorsement speaks volumes. And by the way, that's a great example of being a leader, and of why the BIlls wanted him back for another year.

16 hours ago, Augie said:

Is that photo from his high school yearbook? 

If he can do the job, I’m thrilled. I don’t know how or why the light seemed to go on with Foster, but he looked like a different player at the end of the year. Progress was the name of the game last season. 

....LMAO!....who shaves first, him or McShay??......

2 hours ago, CSBill said:

I know as much about these guys as most people on the board, which is next to nothing. But they feel like good and positive hires. Lorax's endorsement speaks volumes. And by the way, that's a great example of being a leader, and of why the BIlls wanted him back for another year.

Is a player going to say he doesn’t like the hire?  And hopefully he is awesome.  Definitely was like the 10th choice if we’re be honest.

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Is a player going to say he doesn’t like the hire?  And hopefully he is awesome.  Definitely was like the 10th choice if we’re be honest.

Of course not, but it’s way easier to say nothing at all than to say something positive just for the sake of it. 

5 hours ago, Juice_32 said:

Of course not, but it’s way easier to say nothing at all than to say something positive just for the sake of it. 

It is of course EASIEST to say something negative since you can claim you are almost never wrong or are called on it.

If he had some concerns just use a mouthpiece known for shooting off his mouth and then later just state it was his opinion not mine. It gets out that you were unhappy about it but are willing to work with him.

On 1/20/2019 at 11:40 AM, hondo in seattle said:

Air Force Academy grad.  Convinced the Air Force to allow him to serve in the reserves - instead of active duty - so he could pursue his NFL dreams.    Tried out for the Bills but wasn't signed. Kicked around the league for 4 or 5 years as a back up and practice squad player.  Described as very hard working.  

Alternatively, McD may have been super-impressed with Chad and they're working out some details before making the announcement.  

The time issue seems to be a major question.  If Chad Hall was liked so much early on, why did it take so long for him to be named to the position.  On the other hand I can see some of the reason for liking him.  As an assistant position, Hall may have had the lion's share of the developmental prospects like Robert Foster,  while Robiskie might well have worked with the established veterans like Kelvin Benjamin.