Bills promote Asst WR coach Chad Hall to replace Robiskie

YoloinOhio

4 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

So now you're stealing that other guys idea Waddams? Bad form! Great reference by the way.

I'm not casting any judgement on Hall. I have absolutely no idea what kind of coach he'll be(if true). Just noting that he was likely not the first choice.

So you just incoherently babble BS to get your post count up? You’re nothing if not judgmental. Your posts bring down the overall football IQ of the Board. jmo.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

I have a hard time believing that McDermott is having a hard time attracting top candidates. 

If for no other reason than the Pegulas pay their coaches top dollar. 

It has been reported numerous times that they were/are paying assistant coaches the highest salaries in the NFL + NHL, in order to attract top talent. 

Seems like a silly assumption to make anyway. We have exactly zero information on who they interviewed or what their hiring process is/was. 

Maybe because he fires his WR coach every off season?

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I know nothing about him except he has a lose name.  Chad Hall.  Terrible.  Hopefully he coaches better than his parents do at naming kids.  Sorry to all the Chads out there

I was skeptical at first, but you're correct.

https://www.ranker.com/list/famous-people-named-chad/reference

Isn't a one worth a hill of beans.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Yep, well.... That's probably a fair way to put it. I don't think anyone can really argue with that.

You really wouldn't think so.....

Whether or not this guy was McDermott's first choice, the only thing that really matters is Hall's ability to maximize Foster/Jones and what I expect to be multiple new receivers. To that end, none of us have any idea. Tough to really know what kind of job TR did because the group as a whole was bad. Let's just hope Hall has more to work with if he is indeed the hire.

Edited by LSHMEAB

I dont mind this. Honestly, and I'm totally speculating, but Hall probably had a good amount to do with Foster's development. Foster being on the practice squad and such, he probably did not get a huge amount of tutelage from Robiskie, whose job focuses more on the starters. It's likely Hall who was working with Foster the majority of the time as he developed. 

6 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Oh, I fully believe Hall was not their first choice. Just rather not deal with semantics and points were made that lead me to believe my initial assumption could in fact be wrong. I'm always open to differing perspectives and they occasionally sway me to a certain extent. 

I BELIEVE he was not their first choice, but since we'll never know, it's misguided to characterize it as fact.

How do you fully believe this?  

This is exactly the point I'm trying to make.  We really have to stop making these wild assertions when we don't have a shred of evidence.  You went on to say our head coach seems to be having trouble attracting top coaching candidates.  WR coaches are often jobs given to those that haven't yet proven themselves.  They are often entry level positions, where the candidate is taking that job to prove themselves worthy of moving up the coaching ladder.  

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, White Linen said:

How do you fully believe this?  

This is exactly the point I'm trying to make.  We really have to stop making these wild assertions when we don't have a shred of evidence.  You went on to say our head coach seems to be having trouble attracting top coaching candidates.  WR coaches are often jobs given to those that haven't yet proven themselves.  They are often entry level positions, where the candidate is taking that job to prove themselves worthy of moving up the coaching ladder.  

I believe Hall was not the top choice based on the timeline. As far as Bob Johnson and Heath Farewell are concerned, they're also undistinguished coach's who didn't appear to be on other team's radar. Maybe McDermott preferred to go the up and comer route or maybe the more established coach's made decisions to go elsewhere. I have no idea. I'll withhold judgement on the quality of the hires until we see the 2019 Buffalo Bills. Really an exercise in futility to attempt to assess how a position coach will fare in his first go round.