Free agency is coming. 5 facts to know about the Bills roster heading into the 2019 offseason

15 hours ago, 2ForMacAdoo said:

I would call Le'Veon Bell elite without any question. He's also a position of huge need: a top 2-3 RB who is also an outstanding WR coming out of the backfield, just what Josh could use. Problem: Is he a "process" guy? 

I would call Golden Tate elite talent. He's number 1 on my list.

15 hours ago, 2ForMacAdoo said:

I would call Le'Veon Bell elite without any question. He's also a position of huge need: a top 2-3 RB who is also an outstanding WR coming out of the backfield, just what Josh could use. Problem: Is he a "process" guy? 

I would call Golden Tate elite talent. He's number 1 on my list.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, 2ForMacAdoo said:

The RB position is not one to spend big money on these days. We have a QB with a once in a generation arm strength. He needs protection and people to throw the ball to. RB’s can be had all over in the draft. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

The RB position is not one to spend big money on these days. We have a QB with a once in a generation arm strength. He needs protection and people to throw the ball to. RB’s can be had all over in the draft. 

and has been for a few years now.   Shore up the O Line and WR's and TE.  

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Chris66 said:

Didnt inherit. He created 50 mil in dead cap

Agree, that’s Bills PR trying to buy patience with McDermott/Beane by making it seem that 15-17 is a miracle.

You always have to lower the bar in Buffalo.

Not anymore, they have their culture, their QB, the money. Get results Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Chris66 said:

Yes the contracts were there but it was his decision to trade and/ or release those players to create the dead cap. The only dead cap that wasnt his doing was Woods retirement.

that's what 

he just has a bit of housekeeping to take care of first.

means.  

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001011078/article/top-25-nfl-free-agents-of-2019-defenders-dominate-rankings

Top 25 NFL free agents of 2019: Defenders dominate rankings

Daryl Williams OT
Good tackles are so hard to find in free agency that Williams, a second-team All Pro in 2017, should still inspire plenty of interest despite missing nearly all of this season with a knee injury

Notable omissions (in alphabetical order):

Randall Cobb, WR, Packers 
Tevin Coleman, RB, Falcons 
Mark Ingram, RB, Saints 
Ja'Wuan James, OT, Dolphins 
Rodger Saffold, OG, Rams 
Golden Tate, WR, Eagles

I think the offense is more important place to improve.  

• Like (+1) 1

http://nfltraderumors.co/top-25-2019-nfl-free-agents-list/

top 50.  

Offense 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-an-early-look-at-top-free-agents-in-2019-offense

TIGHT END Tyler Eifert
Honorable Mentions: Jared Cook, Jesse James, Luke Willson

TACKLE Daryl Williams, Carolina Panthers
Honorable Mentions: Trent Brown, Bobby Massie, Ja’Waun James

GUARD  Rodger Saffold,
Honorable Mentions: Andy Levitre, Ramon Foster, Quinton Spain

CENTER Matt Paradi
Honorable Mentions: Ryan Kalil, Travis Swanson

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

21 hours ago, 2ForMacAdoo said:

Bell comes at too high of a cost for a RB. I do agree he is very special. Our first order of business must be to shore up the O line.

20 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

They won't be around for those drafts if they don't win next year. 

They need to shell out some cash for good players in FA. The team has holes all over the place. Draft won't be enough.

Pretty much this is spot on. Also, we have Josh on the cheap for right now. It's time to build the team now for a run with a rookie QB contract at hand. 

It's now or never.

46 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Bell comes at too high of a cost for a RB. I do agree he is very special. Our first order of business must be to shore up the O line.

He’s much more than a running back.  He and Kamara couple of the best receiving backs I’ve ever seen.  

1 hour ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

He’s much more than a running back.  He and Kamara couple of the best receiving backs I’ve ever seen.  

For sure! The problem is the steep price that comes with when we are in desperate need of o line. Just remember, RB’s are easy to be had in the draft, of course Bell types only come so often.

A bit of a fluff piece .

4 building blocks in place for the Bills heading into 2019

1. JOSH ALLEN AND THE QB ROOM
2. TREMAINE EDMUNDS AND THE LINEBACKERS
3. YOUNG PLAYMAKERS AT WIDE RECEIVER *
4. SOLID SECONDARY

crzrdk4b5hknzlbb5dcz.jpg

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/4-building-blocks-in-place-for-the-bills-heading-into-2019

9 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

A bit of a fluff piece .

4. SOLID SECONDARY

crzrdk4b5hknzlbb5dcz.jpg

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/4-building-blocks-in-place-for-the-bills-heading-into-2019

When did OBD add Baghdad Bob to their PR department?

11 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

A bit of a fluff piece .

4. SOLID SECONDARY

crzrdk4b5hknzlbb5dcz.jpg

Well, Desean Jackson and Josh Gordon are available.  We could have three top deep threats in the league next year.  ? And Kareem Hunt.

Edited by mannc