Trump The Divider

Tiberius

6 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Well that's just ***** stupid.  What does what Bezos paid for the paper have to do with it? 

Maybe they should shoot for a Bezos dick pic and two years of free Amazon Prime.  

5 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

So how many people are free and clear of any suit, because they didn't pay ***** for Twitter?

I'm not offering support for or argument against, just passing along what I heard while preparing to leave for work this morning.

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Ummmm they didn't die.  As you may, or may not know, I'm a financial planner. I do life worth calculations all the time.  However those are done to determine one's life worth if they were to die not slandered. 

What's the price for being  16 and attacked by the MSM in a false smear? What If any of the lunatics that DID threaten those boys with death due to this false narrative succeeded? What does the brother (and his now wife) of one of those boys deserve for having their wedding ruined by protesters- from a false narrative? What if one of the lunatics maimed  or kills one of the kids or their family in the future? What if employment is impossible due to this ginned-up false narrative? What if the college of choice becomes impossible due to this false narrative? (I got more, but I'll stop... my point of this being "too much money for what was suffered at the time" is shortsighted.)

These boys are minors and private citizens, and were verbally attacked and lied about by a complicit press. Their attorneys asked for a retraction and apology. When they did not receive one (some members of the press complied), those that did not retract and apologize were sued.

If i were on the jury I'd award a whole lot more than $250m for knowingly ruining a life - especially when a public apology and retraction could have made the lawsuit go away.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
Autocorrect sucks

27 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

What's the price for being  16 and attacked by the MSM in a false smear? What If any of the lunatics that DID threaten those boys with death due to this false narrative succeeded? What does the brother (and his now wife) of one of those boys deserve for having their wedding ruined by protesters- from a false narrative? What if one of the lunatics maimed  or kills one of the kids or their family in the future? What if employment is impossible due to this ginned-up false narrative? What if the college of choice becomes impossible due to this false narrative? (I got more, but I'll stop... my point of this being "too much money for what was suffered at the time" is shortsighted.)

These boys are minors and private citizens, and were verbally attacked and lied about by a complicit press. Their attorneys asked for a retraction and apology. When they did not receive one (some members of the press complied), those that did not retract and apologize were sued.

If i were on the jury I'd award a whole lot more than $250m for knowingly ruining a life - especially when a public apology and retraction could have made the lawsuit go away.

Ok in my opinion you are blowing this way out proportion.  There are an awful lot of what if's in your post.  I think it's safe to say when this 16 year old is old enough to attend college or apply for a long term career this incident will be loooooong forgotten.  

4 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Ok in my opinion you are blowing this way out proportion.  There are an awful lot of what if's in your post.  I think it's safe to say when this 16 year old is old enough to attend college or apply for a long term career this incident will be loooooong forgotten.  

Because nobody ever asked the Duke Lacrosse players about the rape accusation against them ever again.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Unfortunately, I am not blowing this out of proportion.  Those boys will have this following them always, through absolutely no fault of their own. (And the brother and his wife can never get back their wedding day.)

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Damn straight. If it's okay to wipe out a bakery because they won't acknowledge a gay marriage,  I have no problem wiping out a newspaper for endangering the lives of a minor, his family and classmates.

Wipe them out.

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

Because nobody ever asked the Duke Lacrosse players about the rape accusation against them ever again.

Yes we all know that being asked about rape and smirks are two very similar things.  

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Unfortunately, I am not blowing this out of proportion.  Those boys will have this following them always, through absolutely no fault of their own. (And the brother and his wife can never get back their wedding day.)

Well my opinion is you are. Sure what happened to those boys sucks but I highly doubt it's going to ruin their lives.  Especially to the tune of $250m in lost opportunities.  Now punitive damages?  Possibly. 

13 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

I'm confused. You think your child should not be involved in something they may believe in, but then we're told that people like David Hogg are the future.

Oh right, because they're so similar!

David Hogg survived a bloodbath that took 17 of his Schoolmates... Nick Sandmann lost a staring contest to a senior citizen... During which, he somehow

got injured to the tune of 250 million dollars.  -If that's the future, we're both screwed.

13 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

Should we tell our children not to go to school for fear of a lunatic with a gun pushing them to advocate for elimination of the second amendment? Should we tell our children to avoid being gay and going to Orlando night clubs so they don't get killed at point-blank range by a Muslim terrorist who hates gays?

No! -We should get our kids lawyers to combat that great evil known as unintended consequence!  Abolish it forever! Banish it from the earth!

6 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

If it's okay to wipe out a bakery because they won't acknowledge a gay marriage,  I have no problem wiping out a newspaper for endangering the lives of a minor, his family and classmates.

Wipe them out.

Gee, could we wipe your vag*na first?   --You've been hemorrhaging all over the thread since you got here.

2 hours ago, #34fan said:

Oh right, because they're so similar!

David Hogg survived a bloodbath that took 17 of his Schoolmates... Nick Sandmann lost a staring contest to a senior citizen... During which, he somehow

got injured to the tune of 250 million dollars.  -If that's the future, we're both screwed.

No! -We should get our kids lawyers to combat that great evil known as unintended consequence!  Abolish it forever! Banish it from the earth!

Gee, could we wipe your vag*na first?   --You've been hemorrhaging all over the thread since you got here.

I always loved the blatant s3xism on the left. It's okay, because muh Trump, though.

9 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Yup, crap like that leaves some serious  mental scar tissue. 

12 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Yes we all know that being asked about rape and smirks are two very similar things.  

It was a smirk AND a hat.  It's abundantly clear that The Post lit this kid up because of his hat.  You can listen to what was said about him by supposedly serious news people and celebrities for days.  You don't think this would have an impact on a 16 year old?

If a group of 16 year old girls waiting for a bus in ***** hats had a far right group began spouting vulgarities at them and then an NRA marcher got in the face of one of them chanting at close range and she smirked, what would have been reported in the Post?  Would Comedy Central rate the punch ability of her face?

How is this unit different from tobacco suits?  Were any of those people on track to knock down hundreds of millions in their careers?

Edited by 4merper4mer

15 hours ago, DC Tom said:

They are now...

Great point and that is the tragedy of this. And the one factor in this that caudee it to be treated as if they had raped or bludgeoned someone is very simple. A certain red hat they were wearing. (Sorry former I just read your post after I wrote this) That is what prompted the media and elites to jump all over this story and immediately assumed the worst.  The same reason the Jussie Smollett story became a national “tragedy”. Had they been wearing blue red and white hats and yelled “this is Cubs territory” there probably would have been those that said “well those Cubs fans have had it rough over the years.”  

Edited by Chef Jim

15 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Well my opinion is you are. Sure what happened to those boys sucks but I highly doubt it's going to ruin their lives.  Especially to the tune of $250m in lost opportunities.  Now punitive damages?  Possibly. 

I heard the $250M figure includes punitive damages. I don’t know what the multiplier factor for that is in the state where the trials will be held. But whatever that is, it’s clearly the largest component of that figure. 

55 minutes ago, Nanker said:

I heard the $250M figure includes punitive damages. I don’t know what the multiplier factor for that is in the state where the trials will be held. But whatever that is, it’s clearly the largest component of that figure. 

$50M in damages and $200M in punitive damages. Coincidentally Bezos paid $250M in cash for the WP.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, row_33 said:

did Tiberius apologize for starting this thread with very untrue and hurtful comments?

How funny is that?  He is in the same place now as many in the media who sounded the horn and are now trying to find a way to put some new spin on this while ignoring their initial shouts from the rooftops.  This and Smollett all in the same week. 

Edited by keepthefaith