DeSean Jackson unlikely to remain with Buccaneers

Foxx

I think we already have a burner in Foster who is coming along nicely on a super cheap rookie contract.  I would rather spend the money on another free agent WR who is more versatile than DeSean Jackson if one is available. 

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I think we already have a burner in Foster who is coming along nicely on a super cheap rookie contract.  I would rather spend the money on another free agent WR who is more versatile than DeSean Jackson if one is available. 

With a QB like Allen I don't think you need an assortment of different types of WR............you just want to use the WR corps as a whole to stretch the field.

KC does something similar with Mahomes.    I think he's proven to be more efficient in the short game than they may have anticipated but they built the WR corps almost entirely of burners who could make big plays.

I think a Jackson is a desperate move. There are more talented players in free agency. He also would play a similar role to Foster. 

People will be surprised to see the contracts some of these FAs are going to get this year. Pay is rising. You might have to pay 10 million and change per year for a guy like Humohries. 

Duke Williams was an inexpensive first start but we may need to look into the trade pool and see who we can pry away from another team.