Your draft sleeper pick

TigerJ

Andy Isabella.

Great top line speed, even faster gameday speed, phenomenal quick-twitch athlete, can get separation from just about anyone, superior balance, fantastic production and absolutely torched top 10 ranked opponents on a few occasions including projected 1st and 2nd rd NFL DB prospects.

The only reason why he isn't rated higher is because hes a slot receiver.  He will be the most productive receiver in this years draft.  I just hope that the Bills nab him.

I think he can be used similar to how McCaffrey is used, not as many rushing attempts but could be used on jet sweeps and other designed runs and thrown to 10+ times a game.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, wppete said:

Not really a sleeper pick if drafted in the first round. 

I agree with that.  I suppose everybody has their own definition.  I have a hard time considering anybody picked in the first couple rounds as a sleeper.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Zach Gentry, TE, Michigan.

Huge guy, raw athlete. 

What round? His hands scare me 

12 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I am a big UGA fan. Nick Chubb is a different back. Chubb lost weight and got lean for the NFL. Holyfield is more an old school between the tackle running back. I wouldn’t really go after him till the 5th.

now Isaac Nauta the TE from UGA would be a nice pick up in the third. Watch him to move up boards once people see him at the combine.

Totally agree on Holyfield. Swift will be the real prize out of that backfield whenever he comes out. 

I will stay in your neck of the woods though with my sleeper pick: WR Riley Ridley. Not huge #s in college but I don’t believe that will matter.

25 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

What round? His hands scare me 

Psh. They didn't scare you a couple months ago!

Gentry's got some upside, but it'd be hard to a Michigan fan to ever forget that disaster. Wouldn't have made a difference in the final score, but he certainly didn't help.

10 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Jacquis Webb - OL - UB 6'6" 359 in the 7th round ... Went to the same high school as I did which is good enough reason for me.

From that angle I will go with Cody Thompson, WR Toledo. I work with his uncle. 

Had a very good day (and whole week of practice) at the E-W Shrine Game. 

• Like (+1) 1

Daniel Wise, DT Kansas

His dad played in NFL  and bro in league now. A quick 3T replacement for Kyle.  Could use one of our 5th rounders on him.   Captain and 4 yr player that McBeane look for.  Looked good in East West game yday.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, TigerJ said:

I agree with that.  I suppose everybody has their own definition.  I have a hard time considering anybody picked in the first couple rounds as a sleeper.

As you said it's subjective a 5th round pick that starts is a sleeper.  I consider Tre' White a sleeper pick.  

So for the sake of this thread it should be more clearly defined that you're only looking for Antonio Brown type of picks. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/19/2019 at 3:33 PM, TigerJ said:

I think one of the fun activities of the pre draft process is to identify potential sleepers, guys who might be picked up in the third round or later with a chance to blossom into a solid football  player or maybe even a star.

At this point one guy who has caught my attention is Jazz Ferguson.  He is a 6'5" 225 lb wide receiver from Northwestern State (Louisiana).  He brother, Jaylon Ferguson is also part of the upcoming draft as a WR.  He could be drafted in round 1.  Jazz transfered from LSU because of academics and a failed drug test.  He got his life straightened out, got his grades up and turned into a star at a lower level of competition.  He didn't have much of a route tree at Northwestern State, but he's athletic, excellent hands, and following his sophomore wakeup call has turned into a leader and dedicated football player.

So, who's your sleeper pick?

Alex Barr from ND, OG

Boykin WR ND

have a lot more 

38 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

A lot of those are 1st and second round picks not really sleepers

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Miles Boykin-WR Notre Dame

I have been looking at the big WRs as that is what is missing from the Bills WR group and Hakeem Butler gets the most talk but Boykin is of the same type and he may be special in that role too.  Anohter is Jalen Hurd of Baylor who was a 4 star RB recruit toTennesee and transferred to Baylor.  It's an odd path to the NFL and a knee injury kept him from testing much at the combine.  Here is how Joe Marino described him as a prospect:  Jalen Hurd from The Draft Network.

RED FLAGS - Procedure on knee in December kept him out of pre-draft process.  

It’s not often a four-star running back recruit in the SEC ends up a wide receiver in the Big Twelve and enters the NFL as a wide receiver prospect but that’s the case with Hurd. For a prospect with only one season of game experience at receiver, there are some components of Hurd’s game that looks like he’s new to the position while others that appear he’s been doing it his whole life. Developing route running nuance, particularly in his releases is critical. From a hands/ball skills perspective, Hurd is sound. In the right offense, Hurd has the potential to be a versatile offensive weapon that can handle numerous duties.

Round Grade - Mid Day 3 Value

Edited by JESSEFEFFER
  • Like (+1) 1

Okay I have pretty much finalised my grading work for this draft so here are my sleepers. Some are mid round guys on whom the consensus is lower some are late round fliers.

TE Josh Oliver, San Jose State

Consensus: 3rd-4th rounder

On my board: 2nd rounder

I think this guy could end up being the best tight end in this class. He has terrific size and speed for the position, and good hands and a big catch radius. Runs routes (basically a full tree) and separates better than some of the highly regard receivers in this class and while his blocking technique needs some work he shows no lack of willingness or desire to block and can win physically.

S Malik Gant, Marshall

Consensus: 5th rounder

On my board: 3rd rounder

Former walk on at Marshall who later earned a scholarship. All effort on every play. Bit of a throwback in the sense that when he hits he properly hits. Goes downhill better than he backpedals but he has decent ball skills and can play special teams.

WR Alex Wesley, Northern Colorado

Consensus: UDFA

On my board: 6th-7th rounder

I was intrigued by this kid’s combine workouts and went off and managed to find a couple of bits of film on the internet. He has obviously played against low end competition but he is an intriguing slot/gadget guy with excellent speed and shiftiness. Also runs down field and hits on special teams. I’d be willing to throw a late round pick at him.

DT Cortez Broughton, Cincinnati

Consensus: 4th-5th rounder

On my board: 3rd rounder

Has started to generate some major buzz the last few weeks and may end up going earlier than a lot of people expected. A little undersized as a defensive tackle but so explosive off the ball it is frightening. Needs to improve his technique when he gets there to shed blockers and finish plays but his potential is sky high.

ILB, Tyrel Dodson, Texas A&M

Consensus: 7th round / UDFA

On my board: 4th rounder

A little undersized but a fast, instinctive linebacker who can cover and provides some pass rush upside. Feel like he is an outside off the ball linebacker in the NFL and he just screams out a fit for Sean McDermott’s scheme. Groomed as a long term replacement for Lorenzo as the SAM?

S, Chris Johnson, North Alabama

Consensus: UDFA

On my board: 5th-6th rounder

Big, fast, instinctive, ball skills, this guy was a star of the East-West Shrine Game and has sky high potential. Needs to be smoother in and out of breaks and with changes of direction in order to shadow receivers and could improve his tackling technique but as a developmental guy there is talent here.

DE, Jordan Brailford, Oklahoma State

Consensus: 5th-6th rounder

My board: 4th rounder

Strong, well balanced with the speed to power conversion that teams look for. When he gets there he is a ferocious finisher at the point of contact. Needs to improve his range of pass rush moves (at the moment it is bull rush or nothing) but has early value as a sub package pass rusher and can develop from there.  

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Awesome! (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1