Your draft sleeper pick

TigerJ

I think one of the fun activities of the pre draft process is to identify potential sleepers, guys who might be picked up in the third round or later with a chance to blossom into a solid football  player or maybe even a star.

At this point one guy who has caught my attention is Jazz Ferguson.  He is a 6'5" 225 lb wide receiver from Northwestern State (Louisiana).  He brother, Jaylon Ferguson is also part of the upcoming draft as a WR.  He could be drafted in round 1.  Jazz transfered from LSU because of academics and a failed drug test.  He got his life straightened out, got his grades up and turned into a star at a lower level of competition.  He didn't have much of a route tree at Northwestern State, but he's athletic, excellent hands, and following his sophomore wakeup call has turned into a leader and dedicated football player.

So, who's your sleeper pick?

• Like (+1) 1

I like the CB from Troy, Blace Brown. 

I read that Buffalo interviewed him this week at the East West Shriner game. He could be a good pick late in the draft. Will watch him play today. 

Edited by wppete
  • Thank you (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

I think one of the fun activities of the pre draft process is to identify potential sleepers, guys who might be picked up in the third round or later with a chance to blossom into a solid football  player or maybe even a star.

At this point one guy who has caught my attention is Jazz Ferguson.  He is a 6'5" 225 lb wide receiver from Northwestern State (Louisiana).  He brother, Jaylon Ferguson is also part of the upcoming draft as a WR.  He could be drafted in round 1.  Jazz transfered from LSU because of academics and a failed drug test.  He got his life straightened out, got his grades up and turned into a star at a lower level of competition.  He didn't have much of a route tree at Northwestern State, but he's athletic, excellent hands, and following his sophomore wakeup call has turned into a leader and dedicated football player.

So, who's your sleeper pick?

see mocks projecting him from 4th-6th......agree or disagree?...where do you see him going?.....

6 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

I’ve got it....Elijah Holyfield RB out of Georgia. This kid probably will be available in rounds 3 or 4 and will be an absolute steal for someone.  Hopefully the Bills

I think he’ll be a Nick Chubb type back.

...his old man is Evander Holyfield the boxer...........interesting............

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

I’ve got it....Elijah Holyfield RB out of Georgia. This kid probably will be available in rounds 3 or 4 and will be an absolute steal for someone.  Hopefully the Bills

I think he’ll be a Nick Chubb type back.

FWIW Nick Chubb had the highest PFF grade of any back this season. IIRC, of course. 

Holyfield is nice, he ain’t that nice. I’d still be happy with the pick. 

Edited by CommonCents

2 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

FWIW Nick Chubb had the highest PFF grade of any back this season. IIRC, of course. 

Holyfield is nice, he ain’t that nice. I’d still be happy with the pick. 

We’ll see.  That’s why he’s my sleeper pick.

Hes a mid round pick that will make many fans happy their team drafted him.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

see mocks projecting him from 4th-6th......agree or disagree?...where do you see him going?.....

I don't have enough knowledge/expertise to say.  I just think he checks some boxes and will be available later than his raw talent level suggests.

• Like (+1) 1

Joshua Miles OL Morgan State.

The only OL at the East West Shrine Game that could really handle the better DL. Very athletic and a bright articulate guy. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets invited to the Senior Bowl. I think he will be climbing up the draft boards. Here is an interview from E-W Shrine game.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iIscnXY4TdY

Darrell Henderson and Tyre Brady look like their pretty fast and athletic.  I think Blace Brown would be a solid pick.  I looked up Kendall Blanton and Jace Sternberger, who both look good, and ran across Dawson Knox, TE out of Old Miss.  He sounds like an excellent athlete as well.

Edited by TigerJ