What’s your most Controversial opinion?

Juror#8

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

I guess we just have different definitions of college then. There are a lot of technical and trade schools that I consider 'colleges' that offer the kind of training we're talking about. 

Not to beat it to death, but this debate usually centers around two points that have always bothered me...one, that somehow a traditional university degree in liberal arts/STEM/etc is fundamentally different from an associates/certification/diploma in one of the 'trades' and two, that the argument 'a college degree isn't for everyone' is almost always coming from someone who has one.

It’s all in the definition. A college is a college, and a trade school is a trade school to me. Graduate school is graduate school. Internships are internships, etc. 

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

It’s all in the definition. A college is a college, and a trade school is a trade school to me. Graduate school is graduate school. Internships are internships, etc. 

But there are a ton of schools that offer welding degrees, both associates and bachelors...are these not colleges? 

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Only veterans should have a vote.

This is bad.  The sole reason I got out of the Navy was due to the amount of absolute idiots I was surrounded by (and had to call "sir") every day.

• Like (+1) 1

People arrested for possession (without intent to sell)/use of opioids should go to rehab; not jail.

Forcible rape should be life imprisonment with no parole, if found guilty.

A person who falsely accuses someone of a crime should face the maximum penalty of said crime.

Pedophiles/sexual predators should be sent to prison for life, no parole, as they cannot be rehabilitated.

I believe in pro-choice.

I believe in the right to die.

I think everyone deserves healthcare.

I think more money needs to be spent on preventing people from taking advantage of social services/SNAP/welfare, etc., because there are enough people who truly need it.

I think it's too easy to become a police officer.

I also think policemen and corrections officers are grossly underpaid.

I think letting combat war veterans hold jobs that allow/require them to hold or use firearms is a mistake.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Are you insinuating they'd all vote Democrat?

I think he is insinuating that 35% of them probably need someone to read the ballot to them.  After reminding them what voting means of course. Scoring an 18 on the asvab is accomplish by drooling in patterns.  Yes sarcasm.  Family and best friend in the world are veterans, no disrespect at all.  However, there are some people that are wicked dumb in the military because bullet catchers are needed. 

Edited by CoudyBills

4 minutes ago, CoudyBills said:

Financial issues are self inflicted.

I'm on the fence on this one. Sometimes things happen when good people lose their jobs and such. However, there's a bunch of people who live way beyond their means as well and have no ability to budget their money. 

Edited by RaoulDuke79
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, RaoulDuke79 said:

I'm on the fence on this one. Sometimes things happen when good people lose their jobs and such. However, there's a bunch of people who live way beyond their means as well and have no ability to budget their money. 

100%.  short term you can experience something that isn't brought on by your own doing.  Have to be prepared for anything.  Budget each month and have an emergency fund.  Get yourself through the rough patch.  Often people just don't believe they can do better.  Go out and get an education.  This is America and the dream is still alive.  Aim high.

Everyone should serve in a branch of the armed forces for a minimum of two years and in peacetime, should be tasked to do public works projects.  No one should be eligible for college admission without certified service.

• Thank you (+1) 1