What’s your most Controversial opinion?

Juror#8

On 2/15/2019 at 2:21 PM, LeviF91 said:

John Lennon was a turd and, if his solo career is any indication, he held The Beatles back.  Stones > Beatles.

Nirvana was trash.  Destiny intervened; Cobain offed himself and freed Dave Grohl to do great things with music.

2pac > Biggie.  

Nirvana > Foo fighters 

Biggie > Tupac 

On 2/15/2019 at 7:52 PM, apuszczalowski said:

2pac and biggie both were crap.....

Big bowl of wrong 

7 hours ago, Bad Things said:

I believe over-population is the #1 cause to most of the world's problems, but no one seems to want to talk about it.

Without question, and why the climate change hysterics should not be taken seriously.

21 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Without question, and why the climate change hysterics should not be taken seriously.

I don't get it.

Because over-population is happening means that climate change isn't happening?

So you don't believe in climate change?

4 hours ago, Bad Things said:

The Earth's climate has been changing for four and a half billion years.

What concerns me is the bolded part.  The declining numbers of "believers" to monotheistic religions has been accompanied by an increase in "believers" in Climate Change.  Some people need an "absolute truth" to believe in and get upset when somebody challenges the basis of their faith.  History has shown time and again how those absolute truths and their followers have been manipulated by those in power for their own advancement

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/17/2019 at 8:54 AM, Gugny said:

From the grunge genre/era came Pearl Jam, STP, Soundgarden, AiC and Nirvana - none of whom were/are trash.  I agree that Nevermind was overrated; I'd venture to guess that any true Nirvana fan would like that album the least and like Bleach the most.  I will also agree that Grohl's ability to form the Foo Fighters was a blessing.  Dave Grohl is what Rock and Roll is supposed to be.

Depending on which style of Beatles music you enjoy, either John Lennon held them back or Paul McCartney did.  McCartney made them pop legends and multi-millionaires.  Lennon deepened their music and provided lyrics that required thought in order to try to understand.

I'm going to punch you in the jaw the next time I see you (as long as there's something close by for me to stand on).

Josh Homme > Dave grohl and from the same era

2 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Josh Homme > Dave grohl and from the same era

I've had the pleasure of seeing QOTSA three times and this is a fair stance.  I don't agree, personally, but it's certainly not a ridiculous statement.  This dude is definitely a great rock frontman.

8 hours ago, Bad Things said:

I don't get it.

Of course climate change is happening, it’s been happening for billions of years.

I don’t believe hysterical predictions of doom based on 150 years of weather data and models that are based off countless assumptions that can’t can’t be verified but can easily be manipulated.

The point is that to the extent humans are impacting climate change, it is directly tied to population.  Thus people who scream Chicken Little yet refuse to discuss the biggest driver of those human impacts should not be taken seriously.

16 hours ago, Bad Things said:

I believe over-population is the #1 cause to most of the world's problems, but no one seems to want to talk about it.

9 hours ago, KD in CA said:

8 hours ago, Bad Things said:

I don't get it.

I may be wrong, but I believe the point is that those that insist on dealing with climate change seek only to deal with the symptoms, not the cause

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/15/2019 at 2:21 PM, LeviF91 said:

1911s suck.

The 1911 as a firearm system is outdated and easily surpassed by many automatic pistol designs. The 1911 as a piece of American history is one of the most badass guns ever built. I own a cheap 1911 as homage to the history, but prefer Glock for real gun needs.

On 2/19/2019 at 5:58 PM, Bad Things said:

Thanos wants to talk about it.

37 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

A political disagreement with the current nation of Israel does not inherently make you anti-semetic. 

Yeah certain groups it definitely feels like you have to pander too.  Doesn’t mean your insert word here phobic.

I have no problems with alternate lifestyles or same sex marriages.  Having said that I do feel that’s a group of people that feels entitled a lot to special treatment