What’s your most Controversial opinion?

Juror#8

11 hours ago, Logic said:

We are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. "We" are in fact the One with no second: A single and continuous field of energy, condensed into a collection of slow vibrations. Duality is an illusion. Space, time, and causation are illusions. We were never born and will never die. Suffering is caused by desire. Detachment from desire and recognition of our true nature leads to Satcitananda: Existence-knowledge-bliss eternal. 

I don't find that very controversial at all, but I presume many would.

It is always now. It it is always now forever. Now forever is all there is. Period. If you think it is not now you are fuk in crazy.

Desire is suffering. True statement.

Edited by Turk71
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Women shouldn’t be allowed to pee sitting down.  If you want the right to vote, you can use a urinal like the rest of us.

Women should in fact be paid just like the men at major tennis tournaments........................when they start playing the best of five sets. Until then......no way! 

• Like (+1) 2

On 1/26/2019 at 8:30 PM, LSHMEAB said:

Holidays are trash and birthday celebrations are asinine. You want a cookie because the earth revolved around the sun? Ridiculous.

You really need St. Patrick's Day and NYE as an excuse to get drunk? I'll get drunk on Tuesday if I feel like it.

I find a little bit of humor in the fact you posted this on a Tuesday.?

• Haha (+1) 1

According to Selective Services, " Virtually all male U.S. citizens, regardless of where they live, and male immigrants, whether documented or undocumented, residing in the United States, who are 18 through 25, are required to register with Selective Service."

"Today, ALL conscientious objectors are still required to register with the Selective Service System. A conscientious objector is one who is opposed to serving in the armed forces and/or bearing arms on the grounds of moral or religious principles."

Females do not have to register. If men and women are equal, why is this still the law?

Your thoughts?

BTW: I have two grandsons in the Army National guard. One is now also in college and the other finished his associates degree and is a new deputy in Ontario County. 

3 minutes ago, rockpile said:

According to Selective Services, " Virtually all male U.S. citizens, regardless of where they live, and male immigrants, whether documented or undocumented, residing in the United States, who are 18 through 25, are required to register with Selective Service."

"Today, ALL conscientious objectors are still required to register with the Selective Service System. A conscientious objector is one who is opposed to serving in the armed forces and/or bearing arms on the grounds of moral or religious principles."

Females do not have to register. If men and women are equal, why is this still the law?

Your thoughts?

BTW: I have two grandsons in the Army National guard. One is now also in college and the other finished his associates degree and is a new deputy in Ontario County. 

Considering only about 1% of women will make effective soldiers, I'm fine with it.  I can't imagine anything less efficient than having to weed out millions of unfit women if we had to quickly call people up to fight.

3 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Donald can do and say racist things but when someone else (D) does it they need to resign right away. 

So in other words, for all the crying over and slurs against Trump, you are freely admitting your party is no better than he. 

No earth shattering news there.

4 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Considering only about 1% of women will make effective soldiers, I'm fine with it.  I can't imagine anything less efficient than having to weed out millions of unfit women if we had to quickly call people up to fight.

tenor.gif

9 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Anytime the government subsidizes an industry it ends up ruined, i.e, health insurance and higher education.

Blood is not thicker than water, and family should be treated like every other relationship.

The patriots are horrible, but deserving of some level of respect for their mental toughness and ability to get the job done time and again. Even if they’re horrible birches. 

Credit cards are great tools when used properly (I’ve had so many people tell me they don’t have cc’s because they don’t want to be in debt.)

The Cold War is the greatest chapter in American history.

The widespread use and distribution of technology has taken more from the human expierience than it has given back. (Typed on my iPhone) 

A few comments

To the first one, but who is it ruined by? I dont necessarily believe it is ruined by the government. From what I have seen from many, once they know its subsidized, they start charging what they want because they know your not the one paying. Similar to insurance. I have seen machanics and shops ask people if it will be paid for through insurance or if your paying for it yourself. If insurance, they quote higher because they know they can because the insurance is covering it, if tour paying out of pocket they cut a deal because they know your going to go with the most affordable option.

I never understood the people who feel superior they dont use CCs and have no debt. Not everyone has that ability. Many of the people that are considered wealthy arent 'debt free', they know how to leverage debt and cash to take advantage and increase their worth. And theres the saying about cash/money/wealth that when you die, you cant take it with you. Well when you die, you cant take your debt with you either......

Sort of as per your last point, I feel that the internet was a horrible creation that will lead to our demise. It's a great concept/idea, but it is destroying society. Everyone today has to share everything on it with the world, we have people that now feel that ever thought of theirs needs to be shared. It's too easy to post false info and pass it off as truth. Now everyone thinks they know everything about everything because they saw some blog or something on the internet about it. How many people are medical experts because they checked the symptoms on Web MD or googled it? Everything is a conspiracy or being controlled by some organisation. You can cherry pick the facts you want to believe.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, KD in CA said:

I think only about 1% of men will make effective soldiers but there are a lot of non-military support roles each could manage well.

3 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Is this real ? 

honestly, what do you think?  

49 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

So in other words, for all the crying over and slurs against Trump, you are freely admitting your party is no better than he. 

No earth shattering news there.

My party?   I'm an independent.  I don't kowtow to either party.

Trump the man is an idiot and always has been (well before he became a politician) 

John Kasich should get the ball rolling and go against the Bufoon In Chief 

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, bbb said:

I think the refs made the right call in the Miracle City Miracle.

I was nine years old when this happened. I watched in on one of those portable black and white TVs because my babysitter and brother took up the other two. I literally haven't watched it since.

That said, his foot was over the line, it was a forward lateral, dead ball, Bud Adams can kiss my ass. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Trump says Democrat probes into him should 'never be allowed'

"PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT! It should never be allowed to happen again!" 

image.jpeg.21986c58e7a3591f92084e31e0e6fab3.jpeg

Those mean Democrats are picking on me!!!! 

Hey Don.  What about all the times YOU harasses sitting Presidents and former presidents?  

I am adhering to the OP   - most-controversial-opinion

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

6 hours ago, Turk71 said:

It is always now. It it is always now forever. Now forever is all there is. Period. If you think it is not now you are fuk in crazy.

Desire is suffering. True statement.

I am currently “in the now”.  I have never been anywhere else. 

I am fascinated by the the non-linear nature/concept of time, space, and whatever makes up the other 95% +/- of this universe that isn’t made up of atoms and things we think we know a little bit about.