What’s your most Controversial opinion?

Juror#8

39 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Just FYI, only in ATL will they cancel schools and everything else, along with emptying the store shelves, for even the chance that we get a dusting. My fav is watching local news gear up like our tectonic plate just swapped out with Greenland’s. It does snow prob once or maybe twice in a season, and usually is gone by the following day; but wow, those 24 hours are something to behold. And no one here has adequate tires for even that, to say nothing of driving skills for it. So my life and limbs are still prob in more danger over that one day on the roads than yours for an entire winter ?.

Yeah. I live in Houston, and about year ago, we got about 3 inches of snow. First thing I did was go to the supermarket. Not because the world was ending, I just needed a few things. People were panicking. I was in my Bills hoodie, and I saw a guy in a Steelers hat. We both just give each other this look like "Yeah, these people are nuts."

My work basically said if you can make it, great, if not, stay home, it won't count against you. Being from Buffalo, I decided that I could handle it. So I'm getting ready, and the news shows all the traffic accidents. "That's on my way to work. That one is too. Oh hell, that's three just on my route." So I just stayed there and drank.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Just FYI, only in ATL will they cancel schools and everything else, along with emptying the store shelves, for even the chance that we get a dusting. My fav is watching local news gear up like our tectonic plate just swapped out with Greenland’s. It does snow prob once or maybe twice in a season, and usually is gone by the following day; but wow, those 24 hours are something to behold. And no one here has adequate tires for even that, to say nothing of driving skills for it. So my life and limbs are still prob in more danger over that one day on the roads than yours for an entire winter ?.

Treat it as a chilly hurricane party. Screw the bread and load up on beverages! 

15 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

There is nothing wrong with ketchup on a hot dog. And I'll up the ante - mustard flat out sucks!

Ketchup is OK if you do it right, but don’t diss the mustard. Mustard with onions is a fine option! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Trial by "a jury of your peers" is stupid.  We expect all people to be able to interpret and apply rules of law (including the ones of below average intelligence), yet you have to go to undergrad, law school, and pass the bar exam to be able to practice law, but any Joe Schmo can be put on a jury to interpret and apply complicated nuances of law that could lead to you being put in jail.  Not good, not good at all.

Political parties should be banned.  As George Washington so gracefully predicted in his farewell address regarding them:

"All obstructions to the execution of the laws, all combinations and associations, under whatever plausible character, with the real design to direct, control, counteract, or awe the regular deliberation and action of the constituted authorities, are destructive of this fundamental principle, and of fatal tendency. They serve to organize faction, to give it an artificial and extraordinary force; to put, in the place of the delegated will of the nation the will of a party, often a small but artful and enterprising minority of the community; and, according to the alternate triumphs of different parties, to make the public administration the mirror of the ill-concerted and incongruous projects of faction, rather than the organ of consistent and wholesome plans digested by common counsels and modified by mutual interests.

However combinations or associations of the above description may now and then answer popular ends, they are likely, in the course of time and things, to become potent engines, by which cunning, ambitious, and unprincipled men will be enabled to subvert the power of the people and to usurp for themselves the reins of government, destroying afterwards the very engines which have lifted them to unjust dominion."

Edited by Mark80
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

"Personally pro life, but politically pro choice" is an inconsistent view to hold. If you're personally pro life, that means that you understand that the unborn fetus is a child. So if you hold to this view, you're basically saying that you believe the child is a human being, but people should have the right to kill it anyway. 

10 minutes ago, bills_fan said:

Legalize, tax and regulate all drugs. 

Pardon anyone currently incarcerated for non-violent drug offenses.

My views are even more controversial. Lol. 

Use all the drugs you want. Just know the American taxpayers aren't gonna save you when you overdose. As I've mentioned before, I believe basically all taxation is theft, and that inclues "sin taxes" like this one.

Edited by The Real Buffalo Joe
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

My views are even more controversial. Lol. 

Use all the drugs you want. Just know the American taxpayers aren't gonna save you when you overdose. As I've mentioned before, I believe basically all taxation is theft, and that inclues "sin taxes" like this one.

I can well appreciate your view.  The "regulate" portion of that is so that an individual can be confident on what he/she is actually purchasing and won't kill them on the spot. Someone has to pay for that level of quality control. Hence the "tax" part of my position.

Just now, bills_fan said:

I can well appreciate your view.  The "regulate" portion of that is so that an individual can be confident on what he/she is actually purchasing and won't kill them on the spot. Someone has to pay for that level of quality control. Hence the "tax" part of my position.

I don't really want "quality control" so much as just making sure they already follow the laws on the books as far as false/misleading advertising, etc. 

On 1/20/2019 at 8:16 PM, Boyst62 said:

Jet fuel can't melt steel beams.

Jet fuel is just highly refined kerosene. It can only melt steel when it, and lots and lots of oxygen are highly compressed then combusted at the perfect stoiochometric ratio and exhausted in a highly focused jet. 

But you are generally correct with your implication - it's just kerosene.

24 minutes ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

Jet fuel is just highly refined kerosene. It can only melt steel when it, and lots and lots of oxygen are highly compressed then combusted at the perfect stoiochometric ratio and exhausted in a highly focused jet. 

But you are generally correct with your implication - it's just kerosene.

Ummmm. I can't even reply.   Yikes. You must be new to the internet

4 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Ummmm. I can't even reply.   Yikes. You must be new to the internet

Why? I agreed with you. Jet fuel (kerosene) cannot melt steel except in a very highly controlled environment. Not the case in a plane crash. Did I miss some sarcasm? 

6 minutes ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

Why? I agreed with you. Jet fuel (kerosene) cannot melt steel except in a very highly controlled environment. Not the case in a plane crash. Did I miss some sarcasm? 

It's an old internet joke, my bad.