What’s your most Controversial opinion?

Juror#8

11 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

No. Many of the jobs I worked early in career were DoD related but I knew a number of people my age who worked in non DoD fields who didn't. Some were conscientious objectors and some just had the money to not need anything which required signing up.

I'm pretty sure everyone registers when they turn 18. I know I had to and I had no intention of joining the military. 

On 1/19/2019 at 2:11 PM, Juror#8 said:

Man this one is tough for me - putting me in a weird space.

I gotta know ... are you basing this on longevity, verisimilitude, competence, or just overall badassery in the captain’s chair? 

Ok, well we know he didn’t pick Picard based on that standard. That’s James Tiberius Kirk all the way homey ?

37 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Ok, well we know he didn’t pick Picard based on that standard. That’s James Tiberius Kirk all the way homey ?

If i was going on a long term military expedition, I would go with Picard

if i was going on a Viking raid, I would go with Kirk

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I love snow. 

Atlanta?  From what I've heard even snow lovers wouldn't want to be in Atlanta when it snows there.

For the record, I love snow too. We get a few storms each year on Long Island and it grinds my gears when anyone ***** about it. For Gods sake, move to Atlanta if you don't like snow!!! ?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Limeaid said:

I did not dodge the draft, too young for it, although I did sign up for selective service.

If I made the Air Force I think I'd be making more now than I am now.  I would have had college paid for by AF (was planning on going ROTC), would have had health insurance in college ensuring I'd have been treated for illness I had in college for which cost me two years of college, and based on what work AF wanted me for before they asked medical conditions I'd be making more money as well.   

I probably should have gotten a laywer and disputed medical diagnosis or just left it off form but I was too young and naive at the time.

Unfortunately legal system is not perfect and there are falsely accused people.  How do you correct such mistakes?

You are the “Forest Gump” of Two Bills Drive. No matter how many different people or groups try to screw you over (company, Air Force, military doctors, or the guy standing in front of you at a game blocking your view) in the end, you take care of business and succeed. Well done sir!!

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I love snow. 

I also love snow. I like to go visit it in Colorado, Utah, Vermont, etc. It’s great as long as I have my return flight booked. I pray I never live north of Atlanta ever again. I’m a wussy, no argument from me. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I love snow. 

As long as I don't have to shovel it and it stays white.  

1 hour ago, Nervous Guy said:

I miss 26CB

awwwe    :wub:

what are you looking for ?

I can copy and paste anything you need 

I'd say PM me but I get Nervous when I get a notification from an Admin 

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

Crunchy Peanut Butter > Smooth

Peter Pan > Jiff 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Despite what scientists say I count the tomato as a vegetable, not a fruit.

The Supreme Court took your side. A victory for all the sensible people out there! 

Nix v. Hedden, 149 U.S. 304 (1893), was a decision by the Supreme Court of the United States that, under U.S. customs regulations, the tomato should be classified as a vegetable rather than a fruit.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Limeaid said:

He only said veterans should have a vote. He did not say the officers' votes would count.

I was rejected when I applied to both Air Force and Coast Guard. I was told my Air Force recruiter "we would sign pregnant 50 year old males before you" due to a medical condition.  8 years later it was determined that the doctor (someone who went to college yes) made a misdiagnosis and I did not have the medical condition.

See my previous post. Applied for and was not allowed to enlist.

I was interested in all branches of the military, except for the Air Force for some reason. Which is ironic, considering I married into a family where my father in law was in the Air Force, and my brother in law is currently in.

When I was in Boy Scouts, in 7th grade, it was right after 9/11. We took a tour of a Coast Guard base somewhere near Cleveland, and I was absolutely fascinated by the whole thing. If they would have let me join right then and there, I would have. Unfortunatly, I was the classic story of smart kid that was lazy in high school, so I was a straight C student, and the recruiter I talked to let me down gently, basically telling me not to waste my time.

Then a friend of mine wanted the referal bonus, so I started talking to an army recruiter. He had some guys from my high school, and a few of the local ones come in once a week for physical fitness stuff, and teach us army strategy stuff. He asked me what my dream college was. At the time, I was pretty big into Notre Dame football, but knew I had no chance. Recruiter told me that if I joined the army, he could get me into Notre Dame, without tuition. My dad was totally against it. "He's full of it. You're just gonna get your @$$ shot off in Iraq of Afghanistan. Have you looked into the Navy?"

So we talked to a Navy recruiter, and I decided that's where I wanted to go. But I was still way out of shape. So I decided to put the military off for a year, and take some courses at ECC. While I was there, I made a friend that's about ten years older than me. He was trying to get into the Marines, but had trouble with the ASVAB. Not because he wasn't smart, but the math he was taught, and the math I was taught, which is what was on the test. (No, not Common Core. I'm about three years too old.) So I helped him learn math, and he helped me work out. Went to the recruiting office with him. Talked to the recruiter while I was there, but honestly didn't have much interest. My heart was still set on the Navy.

I went to the Navy recruiter. Took the ASVAB test, and basically aced it except the mechanical part. Recruiter said it was the highest score he'd ever seen. But when I got on the scale, he told me to come back when I lost more weight. I started working out. Got in decent shape, but lost interest in joining. Realized I was more or less looking to get away from home more than I really wanted a military career. Moved to Texas with my cousin, gained weight, and haven't looked back. Glad I didn't. Military wasn't for me. 

I even made friends with that army recruiter that told me he could get me into Notre Dame. We hung around a few of the same bars. He admit to me that it was his job to recruit me, but he knew from the get go that my personality just wasn't a good fit for the army. 

16 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I love snow. 

Says the guy who doesn't have to commute in it with eighty billion numbskulls sliding all over the place

17 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I was interested in all branches of the military, except for the Air Force for some reason. Which is ironic, considering I married into a family where my father in law was in the Air Force, and my brother in law is currently in.

When I was in Boy Scouts, in 7th grade, it was right after 9/11. We took a tour of a Coast Guard base somewhere near Cleveland, and I was absolutely fascinated by the whole thing. If they would have let me join right then and there, I would have. Unfortunatly, I was the classic story of smart kid that was lazy in high school, so I was a straight C student, and the recruiter I talked to let me down gently, basically telling me not to waste my time.

Then a friend of mine wanted the referal bonus, so I started talking to an army recruiter. He had some guys from my high school, and a few of the local ones come in once a week for physical fitness stuff, and teach us army strategy stuff. He asked me what my dream college was. At the time, I was pretty big into Notre Dame football, but knew I had no chance. Recruiter told me that if I joined the army, he could get me into Notre Dame, without tuition. My dad was totally against it. "He's full of it. You're just gonna get your @$$ shot off in Iraq of Afghanistan. Have you looked into the Navy?"

So we talked to a Navy recruiter, and I decided that's where I wanted to go. But I was still way out of shape. So I decided to put the military off for a year, and take some courses at ECC. While I was there, I made a friend that's about ten years older than me. He was trying to get into the Marines, but had trouble with the ASVAB. Not because he wasn't smart, but the math he was taught, and the math I was taught, which is what was on the test. (No, not Common Core. I'm about three years too old.) So I helped him learn math, and he helped me work out. Went to the recruiting office with him. Talked to the recruiter while I was there, but honestly didn't have much interest. My heart was still set on the Navy.

I went to the Navy recruiter. Took the ASVAB test, and basically aced it except the mechanical part. Recruiter said it was the highest score he'd ever seen. But when I got on the scale, he told me to come back when I lost more weight. I started working out. Got in decent shape, but lost interest in joining. Realized I was more or less looking to get away from home more than I really wanted a military career. Moved to Texas with my cousin, gained weight, and haven't looked back. Glad I didn't. Military wasn't for me. 

I even made friends with that army recruiter that told me he could get me into Notre Dame. We hung around a few of the same bars. He admit to me that it was his job to recruit me, but he knew from the get go that my personality just wasn't a good fit for the army. 

I tried to join the chair force before joining the Army. The recruiter was never in his office when I came by.

Best thing to ever happen to me. :lol:

29 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Says the guy who doesn't have to commute in it with eighty billion numbskulls sliding all over the place

I tried to join the chair force before joining the Army. The recruiter was never in his office when I came by.

Best thing to ever happen to me. :lol:

Just FYI, only in ATL will they cancel schools and everything else, along with emptying the store shelves, for even the chance that we get a dusting. My fav is watching local news gear up like our tectonic plate just swapped out with Greenland’s. It does snow prob once or maybe twice in a season, and usually is gone by the following day; but wow, those 24 hours are something to behold. And no one here has adequate tires for even that, to say nothing of driving skills for it. So my life and limbs are still prob in more danger over that one day on the roads than yours for an entire winter ?.

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12