Bucky Brooks Mock Draft

GreggTX

Whomever this FO drafts I will have faith that they are making the right choice.  I cant remember a time over the past 20 years where we had so many quality starters/prospects in 2 consecutive years of drafts/undrafted rookie prospects chosen.

White

Dawkins

Zay

Milano

Josh Allen

Tremaine Edmund's

Harrison Phillip's

Taron Johnson

Robert Foster

Wyatt Teller

Josh Allen being the most important one of them and thankfully Beane seemingly making the right choice here, just going by their track record and the great scouting staff they have (NFL teams are poaching our guys for a change), I think they are going to end up with another great draft.  And if they are able to have another successful draft then that will surely set this organization up for many contested Division titles over the next decade.

• Like (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 6

20 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

I know I said it's too early, but this is interesting. Bills take Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida. I like the pick.

Suprisedhos dumb a$$ doesnt have us taking a QB.  If we stay put at 9, we will be taking a defender unless an offensive player really moves up the Rankings.

I believe BPA will be not be offense for the top half of tha draft.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

9 minutes ago, Magox said:

Whomever this FO drafts I will have faith that they are making the right choice.  I cant remember a time over the past 20 years where we had so many quality starters/prospects in 2 consecutive years of drafts/undrafted rookie prospects chosen.

White

Dawkins

Zay

Milano

Josh Allen

Tremaine Edmund's

Harrison Phillip's

Taron Johnson

Robert Foster

Wyatt Teller

Josh Allen being the most important one of them and thankfully Beane seemingly making the right choice here, just going by their track record and the great scouting staff they have (NFL teams are poaching our guys for a change), I think they are going to end up with another great draft.  And if they are able to have another successful draft then that will surely set this organization up for many contested Division titles over the next decade.

I would also add Levi Wallace to the list. But good points and agree!

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, BigdaddyinOrlando said:

I would also add Levi Wallace to the list. But good points and agree!

Damn!

How could I forget him?

Another fantastic pickup!

Its hilarious reading all these bizaare yet silly opinions lamenting over our 2017 draft selections where by just about any reasonable objective view of our 2 past drafts you couldn't come away thrilled with how things have been unfolding

14 minutes ago, Magox said:

Damn!

How could I forget him?

Another fantastic pickup!

Its hilarious reading all these bizaare yet silly opinions lamenting over our 2017 draft selections where by just about any reasonable objective view of our 2 past drafts you couldn't come away thrilled with how things have been unfolding

Man, with 10 picks and close to 90 mil in cap space, the light is shining bright! 

• Like (+1) 3

I'm not at all a fan of Taylor. The guy was a right tackle in college, doesn't that mean he wasn't the best OT on the team? I don't like the idea of taking a RT in the first round. I've only watched his tape on two games and he just doesn't seem to have very good feet and the last thing I want is yet another offensive lineman who can't get out in front of a screen or block in space. I am open to being convinced otherwise but I think Taylor anywhere in the top half of the first is a reach.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Magox said:

White

Dawkins

Zay

Milano

Josh Allen

Tremaine Edmund's

Harrison Phillip's

Taron Johnson

Robert Foster

Wyatt Teller

Remember they traded talented players to get a few of these guys and there's that little fact that 2 different gms ran these drafts.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Magox said:

White

Dawkins

Zay

Milano

Josh Allen

Tremaine Edmund's

Harrison Phillip's

Taron Johnson

Robert Foster

Wyatt Teller

I am not sure I would include Zay, Dawkins and Phillips on that list. Dawkins had a disappointing year by his won estimate and I hardly recall any plays made by Phillips. I may be judging them too harshly but I think the jury is still out on those guys.  Zay Jones has hardly covered himself in glory and the majority of his most memorable plays are drops. He had some good games once the QB position settled but if we draft a WR in the first or second, I wouldn't be surprised if Zay was relegated to the No. 3 WR after, say  DJ Metcalf and Foster. Don't forget, Ju-Ju Smith-Schuster was on the board when we took Jones.

There are lots of reasons to be optimistic about all three of those guys but for now, I think their value is uncertain. In the end, Beane will be judged not by Foster, Edmunds or Teller. His rep now rests pretty much entirely on the Josh Allen pick and, thank the gods, I believe he got that one right. 

51 minutes ago, Magox said:

White

Dawkins

Zay

Milano

Josh Allen

Tremaine Edmund's

Harrison Phillip's

Taron Johnson

Robert Foster

Wyatt Teller

...good call and good list bud......thinking year 2019 draft(10 picks) and FA ($80+ mil) makes it one of the most pivotal years in the last decade or perhaps to the Polian era.....

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Mickey said:

I'm not at all a fan of Taylor. The guy was a right tackle in college, doesn't that mean he wasn't the best OT on the team? I don't like the idea of taking a RT in the first round. I've only watched his tape on two games and he just doesn't seem to have very good feet and the last thing I want is yet another offensive lineman who can't get out in front of a screen or block in space. I am open to being convinced otherwise but I think Taylor anywhere in the top half of the first is a reach.

Agreed.  Right position wrong player - I think it'll be Cajuste when all is said and done.

46 minutes ago, BillsFan1988 said:

Remember they traded talented players to get a few of these guys and there's that little fact that 2 different gms ran these drafts.

That's fine, I dont care if we give Whaley some of the credit for helping set the draft board in 17.

Also, you are right that some players were traded to get those draft picks but we also freed up tons of cap space.

33 minutes ago, Mickey said:

I am not sure I would include Zay, Dawkins and Phillips on that list. Dawkins had a disappointing year by his won estimate and I hardly recall any plays made by Phillips. I may be judging them too harshly but I think the jury is still out on those guys.  Zay Jones has hardly covered himself in glory and the majority of his most memorable plays are drops. He had some good games once the QB position settled but if we draft a WR in the first or second, I wouldn't be surprised if Zay was relegated to the No. 3 WR after, say  DJ Metcalf and Foster. Don't forget, Ju-Ju Smith-Schuster was on the board when we took Jones.

There are lots of reasons to be optimistic about all three of those guys but for now, I think their value is uncertain. In the end, Beane will be judged not by Foster, Edmunds or Teller. His rep now rests pretty much entirely on the Josh Allen pick and, thank the gods, I believe he got that one right. 

Zay, Dawkins and Phillip's may end up being JAGs in this league or they could end up being decent players.  It could go either way but I think there is a better than decent chance that these guys will be in the NFL for a number of years.

Edited by Magox
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Magox said:

White

Dawkins

Zay

Milano

Josh Allen

Tremaine Edmund's

Harrison Phillip's

Taron Johnson

Robert Foster

Wyatt Teller

I like your list and Wallace that means roughly 5 players a year. If the Bills could hit on 5 players this draft it would be amazing.

2 starters

2 heavy rotational guys

1 ST player who sees action as season progresses. 

Rest are depth for injuries or on practice squad.

This front office and coaching staff are communicating well with each other. That is going a long way to filling needs. 

1 hour ago, Magox said:

White

Dawkins

Zay

Milano

Josh Allen

Tremaine Edmund's

Harrison Phillip's

Taron Johnson

Robert Foster

Wyatt Teller

Well hope you are correct.  Are they quality starters or "the best we have at the time"? 

We will see in the next few years.  Certainly White and Milano look good.  Allen and Edmunds  are the keys.  Dawkins and Zay are still in the maybe category.  The rest need to continue to improve and develop. 

1 hour ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Suprisedhos dumb a$$ doesnt have us taking a QB.  If we stay put at 9, we will be taking a defender unless an offensive player really moves up the Rankings.

I believe BPA will be not be offense for the top half of tha draft.

To the dumb point "...Taylor gives them that blind side protector..."

Had to watch a second time to make sure Florida had a right handed quarterback, thought maybe I had missed something.

2 hours ago, Magox said:

White

Dawkins

Zay

Milano

Josh Allen

Tremaine Edmund's

Harrison Phillip's

Taron Johnson

Robert Foster

Wyatt Teller

In your list the best value pick was Milano and obviously the most important pick was Josh Allen. If the Bills can continue to hit on some of their lower picks such as Teller, Foster and Taron Johnson we will get to the required critical mass of players to make this team a competitive team sooner than expected. As you suggested stringing together good drafts rather than having uneven results from your drafts is what will accelerate the its development. 

2 hours ago, Magox said:

White

Dawkins

Zay

Milano

Josh Allen

Tremaine Edmund's

Harrison Phillip's

Taron Johnson

Robert Foster

Wyatt Teller

On one hand I agree completely.  On the other I'm scared that the roster sucks so bad that average talent sticks out.  I'm certainly no scouting wizard so that is just my been a Bills fan too long fear.