Jim Kelly is cancer-free

YoloinOhio

For a guy who just started treatment, this is the best share ever, @YoloinOhio  

Thank you!

EDIT: I should add that there have been some amazing people on this board who have offered to have bone marrow biopsies for me. It’s the definition of class and selflessness and I thank each of you!

Bone marrow biopsies are, unequivocally, NO fun and that made the gesture all the more valuable. 

I say this In thanks, not to hijack the thread. 

THANK YOU!

Edited by TroutDog
  • Like (+1) 18
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Thank you!

EDIT: I should add that there have been some amazing people on this board who have offered to have bone marrow biopsies for me. It’s the definition of class and selflessness and I thank each of you!

Bone marrow biopsies are, unequivocally, NO fun and that made the gesture all the more valuable. 

THANK YOU!

As a lung cancer survivor (so far) I want to wish you the best.  I'm only 2 years removed from my surgery and a year and a half removed from chemo, so there would not even be a point in my offering to have a bone marrow biopsy.  I can't even donate blood.  But I wish the best for you and hope you continue to fight the good fight!

By the way, before you ask, I am a life long non-smoker.  I just happen to be in that unfortunate 20% of lung cancer cases among non-smokers.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Always good news whether it's Jim Kelly or someone else.

Two days ago we learned that the mother of our sons friend underwent a double mastectomy recently. Up next is chemo.

Cancer is insidious. 

Friend of my sister's is going through that right now.  Two little kids, tough road.

Another buddy I used to work with just lost his wife to breast cancer.  At least in his case the kids are HS/college age so a little more equipped to deal.  Still, he's clearly devastated.

Of course, we've seen great people on this board laid low by what cancer has done to their loved ones.  One guy in particular.

Very happy to read the news on Jimbo.  Good luck to you, TroutDog.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TroutDog said:

Thank you!

THANK YOU!

I’m sure you will find a match, and not necessarily from where you would expect! My mother in law needed a transplant and my wife & other family were not good candidates for a match. However a completely random person on the registry was a near perfect match! Stay positive & give it hell!

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Friend of my sister's is going through that right now.  Two little kids, tough road.

Another buddy I used to work with just lost his wife to breast cancer.  At least in his case the kids are HS/college age so a little more equipped to deal.  Still, he's clearly devastated.

Of course, we've seen great people on this board laid low by what cancer has done to their loved ones.  One guy in particular.

Very happy to read the news on Jimbo.  Good luck to you, TroutDog.

Echoing KD's good wishes to you TroutDog.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TigerJ said:

As a lung cancer survivor (so far) I want to wish you the best.  I'm only 2 years removed from my surgery and a year and a half removed from chemo, so there would not even be a point in my offering to have a bone marrow biopsy.  I can't even donate blood.  But I wish the best for you and hope you continue to fight the good fight!

By the way, before you ask, I am a life long non-smoker.  I just happen to be in that unfortunate 20% of lung cancer cases among non-smokers.

Wishes for your continued good health. 

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, TroutDog said:

Thank you!

THANK YOU!

(1) Best of luck to you.   I'll keep you in my prayers.

(2) If anyone wants to join the bone marrow registry, go here: https://bethematch.org/support-the-cause/donate-bone-marrow/join-the-marrow-registry/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1