Jim Kelly is cancer-free

YoloinOhio

Thanks for posting Yolo. Could not be happier for Jim and his family. Cancer is insidious, and doesn't care your age or social standing. Appreciate that Kelly has not forgotten the medical teams that worked with him on his road to this outcome, nor the fellow cancer sufferers he's gone out of his way to meet and lift up (see example vid link below). A true selfless cat, all the best going forward!

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/watch-jim-kelly-surprises-patients-at-ecmc

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12

I saw him being interviewed a couple of months ago and hadn't seen him since his surgery. I was actually relieved that he looked so well. I was thinking that maybe his face would be messed up from all the surgeries but to be honest he didn't look (or sound) too different to how he always did.

I'd ***** love it if the Bills won the SB and Allen handed the trophy to Jim during the victory parade. Maybe in a couple of years when it's the 30th anniversary of SB XXV

4 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Thanks for posting Yolo. Could not be happier for Jim and his family. Cancer is insidious, and doesn't care your age or social standing. Appreciate that Kelly has not forgotten the medical teams that worked with him on his road to this outcome, nor the fellow cancer sufferers he's gone out of his way to meet and lift up (see example vid link below). A true selfless cat, all the best going forward!

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/watch-jim-kelly-surprises-patients-at-ecmc

His life journey is pretty amazing actually. When you see the footage of him when he was a cocky kid, saying all the stuff about "would you rather be in Houston or Buffalo", then see the way he is now, how much he loves the city he once cried about getting drafted by, and how he's come through all the adversity thrown at him. That young guy playing in the USFL and having fun with the ladies can't possibly have imagined how it would all turn out

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/24/2019 at 9:31 AM, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

@Bleedingreennc Always good to see a fan of another team, especially a rival in the AFC E, having kind words to say in a situation like this!   

We may have different teams, but we are all people that deal with life. Cancer is such a horrible thing, and nobody should ever go through it. The fact that he has overcome this speaks to his drive and strength.

Edited by Bleedingreennc
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

As a cancer patient myself, I’m so happy for Jim.  But, you can see how the chemo, the radiation, and multiple surgeries have ravaged his body, and that’s so sad.

And now, according to this morning’s Buffalo Snooze,he has to undergo back surgery to remove a cyst from his spine.

Geez, I had no idea the poor guy has so much hardware in his neck and back already!

Edited by The Senator
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1