Marshawn Lynch on Bill Maher's TV Show Tonight on HBO

Nextmanup

3 hours ago, dubs said:

Amen El Guapo. It’s a shame more people don’t realize this.  Politics is simply the battle for power, money, and influence. 

I'm not tha cynical.  Mayor Goldie Wilson just wanted to clean up my town.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

I'm not tha cynical.  Mayor Goldie Wilson just wanted to clean up my town.

Ha. Last true gentleman of politics.  

However, it does fit the rule of: The more centralized the government, the more corrupt and evil the politician. 

its more more likely that the mayor of Hill Valley actually is not corrupted by politics, unlike the, say, Speaker of the House of Representatives and say, President of the United States. 

Edited by dubs

14 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:
  • Your 'safe space' would be a mental institution.
    Spare me your bullschitt about the sociopath in the White House, and your pinheaded political views....
  • You stupid ass.....

^  The anger and namecalling render you with no credibility. 

Your arguement is simplistic.   Hillary good, Trump bad.  Both were terrible choices, we the people deserve better.  

There is more to it fella.  Both parties pursue narratives to buy votes.  Then not much happens until the next election.   Remember when the Democratic Party was the party of the unions and the common working man?   Now many of these voters are identifying with conservative politics and voting republican.  So the Dems are replacing those votes with others - appealing strongly to recent immigrants, younger women, LBGT, etc.   

Just keep in mind that these elected officials, no matter the party,  spend their careers in DC politics working jobs paying $150K to $250K per year.  Yet, they raise their families in high style and have bank accounts worth many Millions, even Hundreds of Millions.   Does that sound right?    One party wants to raise tax rates for rich but preserves tax loopholes, the other wants simplification and lower tax rates ... either way the rich will benefit most and you will essentially stay the same.  

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Your arguement is simplistic.   Hillary good, Trump bad.  Both were terrible choices, we the people deserve better.  

Do as I did.  

Use the ignore feature.   

Trust me it works wonders. 

Fumny thing is I was about to start taking people off of ignore.   Now I know not to. 

Finally had a chance to watch the show last night.

Marshawn is as out of place on a panel of intellectual discussion as Bill Maher would be on an NFL football field.

He was quite nervous and kept looking AWAY from Bill with quick, nervous glances if you noticed. 

Nothing Marshawn said was particularly interesting.  I did LOL when he said, in reference to Trump, "That bleeper says a lot of bleeping bleep!"

I wish I could swear here to convey the carefully chosen words used by Marshawn!  Spot on, too!

The most interesting aspect of the whole thing, for me, was seeing just how freaking big Marshawn is.

He is absolutely built like your proverbial shithouse.  

Now THERE is a guy who is going to have weight gain problems after retirement.  

2 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Seems like this should be moved to PPP.

That's only b/c a handful of, um, posters, have chosen to hijack the thread and start arguing politics.

The actual thread topic is not particularly political in nature.

It was intended as more of a head's up for those who might want to see a football player and ex-Bill appear on a TV show that he would normally not appear on.

On 1/19/2019 at 11:38 AM, LSHMEAB said:

Not to veer too deep off topic, but I feel like Maher is one of the few on his(my) side of the aisle and tells it like it is. Haven't watched it yet, but I'm guessing the weed thing will be a huge part of discussion.

Maher has a ton of detractors (mention him on PPP), but most are those who don't watch him. Because he is an athiest, and a pot smoker, they assume they know his position on everytihg...I don't always agree with him, and there are times when he expresses some poorly inforned opnionis, but I appreciate his show, because it is about as "real" a political discussion you are going to get on television.  He is also a realist.  He knows what he wants, and he knows what is possible.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

That's only b/c a handful of, um, posters, have chosen to hijack the thread and start arguing politics.

The actual thread topic is not particularly political in nature.

It was intended as more of a head's up for those who might want to see a football player and ex-Bill appear on a TV show that he would normally not appear on.

Oh I completely agree. Inevitably it was going to run off the rails though. 

2 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Oh I completely agree. Inevitably it was going to run off the rails though. 

Maybe so.

The funny thing is Lynch really did not end up saying very much of anything.  I think Bill sensed it was going nowhere and that Lynch was extremely nervous, so he ended his little segment with Marshawn earlier than normal.  He then returned to the main panel discussion, in which Lynch never participated, I don't think.

Just now, May Day 10 said:

I thought he was funny.  He was nervous.  It seems like he has social anxiety issues... and also needed to be extremely careful tiptoeing with his words to avoid making headlines.  

Great conversation with kasich as well.

I don't think anyone has mentioned the fact that Marshawn came on stage, apparently sipping whisky from a glass!  He took a sip while on set.  No doubt to help calm his nerves a bit.

I enjoyed the Kasich interview as well.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, dubs said:

Ha. Last true gentleman of politics.  

However, it does fit the rule of: The more centralized the government, the more corrupt and evil the politician. 

its more more likely that the mayor of Hill Valley actually is not corrupted by politics, unlike the, say, Speaker of the House of Representatives and say, President of the United States. 

I've always liked local politicians walking door to door introducing themselves than entrenched bureaucrats in Washington.

19 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Actually, everyone on the Hill is a crooked son of a b*tch. If you think one party is pure as snow, you have serious issues with the truth. 

But so many people want to sling mud to fit their political agenda, and fail to find fault with the their party. 

Give me a break. The two party system is the problem. Not left vs. right. 

I miss the Whig party.

the system was designed to be a 3 party democratic dialogue.
I like Maher at times. but i rarely watch tv any more

unless Bills are playing !

6 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

There is more to it fella.  Both parties pursue narratives to buy votes.  Then not much happens until the next election.   Remember when the Democratic Party was the party of the unions and the common working man?   Now many of these voters are identifying with conservative politics and voting republican.  So the Dems are replacing those votes with others - appealing strongly to recent immigrants, younger women, LBGT, etc.   

Just keep in mind that these elected officials, no matter the party,  spend their careers in DC politics working jobs paying $150K to $250K per year.  Yet, they raise their families in high style and have bank accounts worth many Millions, even Hundreds of Millions.   Does that sound right?    One party wants to raise tax rates for rich but preserves tax loopholes, the other wants simplification and lower tax rates ... either way the rich will benefit most and you will essentially stay the same.   

"

One party wants to raise tax rates for rich but preserves tax loopholes, the other wants simplification and lower tax rates ... either way the rich will benefit most and you will essentially stay the same.   

"

That is it in a nutshell.  They just make different promises to get you onboard then back to the agenda.  Lynch might be right, its a real struggle to vote and get worse with each election

16 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Probably not the best forum for him, but I’ve always liked Marshawn. Not discounting the dumb stuff he did early on as a Bill, but he never played the game the media wanted him to play. 

yeah it was really 'DUMB' running over that girl then taking off and hiding. 

5 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I don’t really put much value into Lynch’s opinion on things.  But it’s hilarious how people act like athletes or “celebrities “ can’t crticize a reality TV host. 

and how they rarely criticize some guy with zero accomplishments who becomes prez as well....

10 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

You immediately went straight for the broken record, right wing cliche's in your ATTACK on me.

There is no point in arguing with a self serving moron like you.

You stupid ass...........

For every 'Buffalobart', there are 1000 idiots......

Wake up, and inform yourself.......

Hey guy, You’re a loser. Go back to Cuba.