Marshawn Lynch on Bill Maher's TV Show Tonight on HBO

Nextmanup

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Excellent.  I love a good debate between whether a more fiscal or monetary economic policy is appropriate in today's age of unprecedented economic growth.

I don't know, I'm thinking Bill is going to debate Marshawn on why Pete Carroll was right to pass instead of run.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Excellent.  I love a good debate between whether a more fiscal or monetary economic policy is appropriate in today's age of unprecedented economic growth.

Can't imagine why he's on the show, which is part of why I found it interesting enough to make a thread on it.

I'm thinking it might be related to the league's policy regarding pot smoking or something like that.

Bill's a total pot head.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Can't imagine why he's on the show, which is part of why I found it interesting enough to make a thread on it.

I'm thinking it might be related to the league's policy regarding pot smoking or something like that.

Bill's a total pot head.

Reasonable thought 

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Bill's a total pot head.

Most likely the multiple charities he's involved in.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

Not a fan on Bill Mahar, but might have to tune into for this one

I hear ya... But I like that Mahar is sometimes unpredictable.  He'll deviate from his liberal foundation from time to time and surprise me... I agree with him from time to time

• Thank you (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, judman said:

I hear ya... But I like that Mahar is sometimes unpredictable.  He'll deviate from his liberal foundation from time to time and surprise me... I agree with him from time to time

I agree

52 minutes ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

Marshawn Lynch... Berkeley undergrad and masters degrees. Assisting fellow athletes, good community guy..

Some TBDers   ....never mind....

Well, I gave him a chance. And sorry, nothing he said convinced me that he is anything other than an ill-informed fool.

Maher, tiptoeing around the issue: You've been involved in fighting gentrification. How do you define that?

Lynch: it's when white people move in and drive out everyone else.

So it's not part of gentrification when a rich African American builds a mansion in a formerly economically depressed area? An African American like, say, Marshawn Lynch?

https://www.businessinsider.com/photos-marshawn-lynchs-california-home-2012-10#the-office-6

Conclusion: fool.

[I used to live in Richmond, CA. I know what I'm talking about here]

41 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Well, I gave him a chance. And sorry, nothing he said convinced me that he is anything other than an ill-informed fool.

Maher, tiptoeing around the issue: You've been involved in fighting gentrification. How do you define that?

Lynch: it's when white people move in and drive out everyone else.

So it's not part of gentrification when a rich African American builds a mansion in a formerly economically depressed area? An African American like, say, Marshawn Lynch?

https://www.businessinsider.com/photos-marshawn-lynchs-california-home-2012-10#the-office-6

[I used to live in Richmond, CA. I know what I'm talking about here]

No you don't. You know jack about gentrification just because you lived in a place. I live in Bflo, doesn't make me a meteorologist because I shovel snow. You're the fool. 

Read a book. Nevermind, you have all the answers because your parents and your church and your white school told you how to think, which has been reinforced by Fox News.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, zonabb said:

No you don't. You know jack about gentrification just because you lived in a place. I live in Bflo, doesn't make me a meteorologist because I shovel snow. You're the fool. 

Read a book. Nevermind, you have all the answers because your parents and your church and your white school told you how to think, which has been reinforced by Fox News.

I am quite sure I've read more books - including books (and academic articles) about gentrification - than you ever will.

Quick, no googling: name one scholar who specialized in the study of gentrifying neighborhoods. 

EDIT: Lynch also said the following jaw-dropper when asked by Maher about whether he plans to keep playing, particularly in light of the information we have about the long term damage football can do. His answer: I don't know, and that's why I always lead with my head, so the defensive guy bears the brunt.  Really. He said this. Maher tried to ask a follow-up but got nowhere.

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Quick, no googling: name one scholar who specialized in the study of gentrifying neighborhoods. 

Answer: Marshawn Lynch

The best part was in Overtime when Marshawn was asked if it was true he tried to light a blunt in the Al Davis eternal flame (at 1:48) & he said yes.  I'm guessing he doesn't plan on coming back for another season.  He also got a lot of s##t from Maher & Frank for admitting he doesn't vote (at 6:29 to the end). 

Edited by Albany,n.y.

3 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I watched the entire show, and that was my conclusion as well. Inarticulate. Couldn't logically follow along in a conversation. Didn't vote. I loved Marshawn Lynch the player and respect all the positive community service he has performed, but he's just not a very bright guy. I think we all know why he was accepted into Berkeley.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

The best part was in Overtime when Marshawn was asked if it was true he tried to light a blunt in the Al Davis eternal flame (at 1:48) & he said yes.  I'm guessing he doesn't plan on coming back for another season.  He also got a lot of s##t from Maher & Frank for admitting he doesn't vote (at 6:29 to the end). 

And Trump is brought up Immediately , look I'm not a big Trump supporter , but the Democrats need to look in the mirror . They have no one to blame but themselves for running Hillary Clinton. 

6 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

"This politic **** , this **** is crazy" - Marshawn Lynch on why he didn't vote.? Sad part is, He has a point