Daniel Jeremiah Mock Draft 1.0 - Bills take OT Jawaan Taylor; 2.0 WR DK Metcalf

YoloinOhio

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001011490/article/daniel-jeremiah-mock-draft-10-kyler-murray-lands-with-patriots

PICK

Nick Bosa - Edge

ARI.png

School: Ohio State | Year: Junior 
Bosa is a polished pass rusher and he'll excel opposite Chandler Jones

PICK

Rashan Gary - Edge

SF.png

School: Michigan | Year: Junior 
Gary has the size of a defensive tackle but the skill set to play on the edge. He'll give the 49ers one of the best young D-lines in the NFL. 

PICK

Josh Allen - Edge

NYJ.png

School: Kentucky | Year: Senior 
The Jets need to address the O-line, but Allen will be too tempting to pass up. He's a bendy edge rusher with excellent production. 

PICK

Quinnen Williams - DT

OAK.png

School: Alabama | Year: Sophomore (RS) 
The Raiders are desperate for pass rushers. Williams offers tremendous upside in that department and dominates against the run. 

PICK

Josh Jacobs - RB

TB.png

School: Alabama | Year: Junior 
The Bucs didn't see any return on their investment in Ronald Jones, a second-round pick last year. Jacobs is a dynamic player with ideal toughness. 

PICK

Dwayne Haskins - QB

NYG.png

School: Ohio State | Year: Sophomore (RS) 
Haskins lacks the ideal mobility, but he's a pure pocket passer with excellent arm strength and accuracy. 

PICK

Jeffery Simmons - DT

JAC.png

School: Mississippi State | Year: Junior 
I wouldn't be surprised if Simmons were to go earlier than this spot. Teams are buzzing about his talent. 

PICK

T.J. Hockenson - TE

DET.png

School: Iowa | Year: Sophomore (RS) 
This might be a little early for Hockenson, but he fits the physical identity the Lions have been attempting to build. 

PICK

Jawaan Taylor - OT

BUF.png

School: Florida | Year: Junior 
Taylor could start at right tackle or either of the guard spots. He is a powerful run blocker with the agility to hold up in pass protection. 

Updated post combine: Bills take DK Metcalf

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I actually like Taylor better than Williams. But I still think that's a bit of a reach. I still think our best bet is trade down to the teens with a team that needs a QB. If we take Taylor at 15 I would accept that.

Biggest surprise in this mock is Josh Jacobs at 5. I think he will go higher than most people expect though.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

So.. Do we hate Daniel Jeremiah now?

Nope he’s a good analyst. This is a weak draft at the top though. It’s also interesting that Jonah Williams is dropping now that the better guys are getting involved. He just doesn’t have a tackle skill set but if he is a pro bowl guard I would still be okay using a high pick on him. 

It will be interesting seeing what the Bills do. Hopefully we can get a trade down because it does not look like we will be able to fill WR or OL early. Maybe we should be looking TE at that spot in round 1.

22 minutes ago, Rico said:

I do not want the Jets taking the other Josh Allen.

Only way I see him not going to the jets is if the niners take him at 2 or if the cards take a qB at 1 and niners take Bosa.  Even then, the jets could take Allen of QWilliams

19 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

They will...these mock drafts are just stupid at this point of the year..literally meaningless

Agreed, yet oddly captivating! 

This time of year I actually start learning a little something about these guys. 

• Like (+1) 1

so.....that means ed oliver is still up?  i've seen a bunch of mocks, but my gut tells me that by april things will shake out a lot different than this. i just get a feeling that these teams ahead of us will have their draft picks change a lot after free agency.

Edited by billsredneck1

I just don't see, I like Jeremiah but he mostly picks for need and not for value. Taylor could be the selection I just find it hard to see a clear cut bonafide stud OL like last year with G Quentin Nelson. In Jeremiah's mock we pass up CB Greedy Williams, Edge Rusher Clelin Ferrell and DT/Kyle Williams replacement in Ed Oliver? This is a top heavy defensive draft, it was stated before the season and I haven't seen anything that would change that landscape with maybe 1 or 2 QB thrown in the mix. I think picking for need is what got the Bills a 17 year drought in the first place, pick the best guy at 9 unless you can get a decent deal and pick up some extra picks in a trade down scenario. Like many posters have stated already, I'd be sick if the Jets got Josh Allen, I think he's the best player in this years draft class.

• Like (+1) 2

I don’t know much about him... any Gator/SEC fans got the goods?

7 minutes ago, PIZ said:

I'm not a draft guru, but are Josh Jacobs (RB) and Hockenson (TE) that good?  Are they projected that high?  I haven't seen them in a mock yet in the top 10.

I didn’t think so - and Gary at 2??