Daniel Jeremiah Mock Draft 1.0 - Bills take OT Jawaan Taylor; 2.0 WR DK Metcalf

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Putin said:

I believe that as well  , he will be a pro bowler for many years , I think if we sign at least one starting caliber OL in the free agency we might go DL at 9 ( if we don’t trade down )

i think 2nd round we take OL and will  move up to grab a WR , 

I think the value and the need is  there ,  there were few games last year were we couldn’t stop the run ( Jacksonville being of them ) when we all knew it’s coming and we couldn’t do anything , I know offense needs to be our main priority BUT  cant win many games if you can’t stop the run , 

of course it all depends what happens in the free agency but just like the WR position DL will have to be addressed in the draft as well , 

I would rather spend on DT in free agency and take Taylor at 9 to shore up RT. Ideally, we add a G like Saffold in free agency and a DT like McCoy (hoping he is released). I would love to add Humphrey’s in free agency and Butler in round 2 to fix WR. I think we should continue to add to the oline in round 3. If we could get a C like McCoy from A&M in that round. That would be an ideal offseason for me.

On 1/18/2019 at 4:03 PM, HappyDays said:

I actually like Taylor better than Williams. But I still think that's a bit of a reach. I still think our best bet is trade down to the teens with a team that needs a QB. If we take Taylor at 15 I would accept that.

Biggest surprise in this mock is Josh Jacobs at 5. I think he will go higher than most people expect though.

I like Taylor more than Jonah also

Love me some Taylor. Like Lane Johnson, if you keep him on the right side you have an all pro RT. I def think he’s the first tackle off the board and goes before us. However if 3 qbs get drafted, that leave JT, Johna, Oliver, Allen, Q Will, Bosa, as the next best. So we should be in great shape. Throw in DK probably going top 6, we are going to get a great player 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

Love me some Taylor. Like Lane Johnson, if you keep him on the right side you have an all pro RT. I def think he’s the first tackle off the board and goes before us. However if 3 qbs get drafted, that leave JT, Johna, Oliver, Allen, Q Will, Bosa, as the next best. So we should be in great shape. Throw in DK probably going top 6, we are going to get a great player 

I think he may be the one true tackle Im ok with at 9, although J Williams and possibly Dillard would be solid picks as well.

18 minutes ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

I really hope we get D. WIlliams in free agency to fix the RT spot.....and not have to take a player we know to be a "Right Tackle" at 9.......if it were a left tackle I could understand........If we can get D. WIlliams AND Saffold I would be thrilled.

Oliver - I could live with

Top DE - I could live with because the value

DK - I would rather have in a trade down

Hock - I would rather have in a trade down

Dillard - same

What I would REALLY like to do is find a way to get Raider's 2 first round picks for 9 - and Take the best center......the best TE....the best WR available with our 1st 3 picks......

• Like (+1) 1

Here's a question for everyone here feel free to answer.

Are these Olineman elite prospects ?

From what I hear and see there solid prospects but not elite. Taylor and Jonah are either being projected as RTs or even guards I'm not saying that's bad if u wanna fill a need but if u wanna draft the best player available at #9 it's not what u want.  

1 hour ago, BillsFan1988 said:

From what I hear and see there solid prospects but not elite. Taylor and Jonah are either being projected as RTs or even guards I'm not saying that's bad if u wanna fill a need but if u wanna draft the best player available at #9 it's not what u want.  

Taylor IS a RT. He is a multi year starter there. I haven't heard anyone project him as a guard

1 hour ago, BillsFan1988 said:

I wouldn’t say Joe Thomas elite. Taylor looks to be the best and closest thing to “elite”. Comparing Taylor o Ronnie Stanley, who was selected in the elite part of the board, I’d give them a similar overall grade.  

Jonah, Ford, Dilliard very solid starters.  The rest of the group is deep and I’m happy with the OL draft crop in. A year where we need to upgrade it.  Some in FA, at least 1 in the draft.  Wouldn’t mind seeing 2 or 3 in the draft if we can draft down

20 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I wouldn’t say Joe Thomas elite. Taylor looks to be the best and closest thing to “elite”. Comparing Taylor o Ronnie Stanley, who was selected in the elite part of the board, I’d give them a similar overall grade.  

Jonah, Ford, Dilliard very solid starters.  The rest of the group is deep and I’m happy with the OL draft crop in. A year where we need to upgrade it.  Some in FA, at least 1 in the draft.  Wouldn’t mind seeing 2 or 3 in the draft if we can draft down

Should the Bills just be looking to upgrade or to hit a home run that's the question. I believe there will be better players at other positions when we are on the board. As we seen so far from Beane he likes to swing for the fences. 

2.0 http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001021156/article/daniel-jeremiah-2019-nfl-mock-draft-20-cards-go-kyler-murray

PICK

Kyler Murray - QB

ARI.png

School: Oklahoma | Year: Junior (RS) 
The Cardinals fully commit to Kliff Kingsbury and his vision in this scenario, which will lead the team to trade Josh Rosen

PICK

Nick Bosa - Edge

SF.png

School: Ohio State | Year: Junior 
This couldn't have worked out better for the 49ers. They're looking for an edge rusher and they get the best one in the draft. 

PICK

Quinnen Williams - DT

NYJ.png

School: Alabama | Year: Sophomore (RS) 
Putting Quinnen Williams next to Leonard Williamswill give the Jets one of the best interior D-lines in the NFL. 

PICK

Josh Allen - Edge

OAK.png

School: Kentucky | Year: Senior 
The Raiders have needs all over the field, but none more important than their pass rush. Allen fits the bill. 

PICK

Montez Sweat - Edge

TB.png

School: Mississippi State | Year: Senior 
No prospect has helped himself more since the season ended than Sweat. He followed up a great Senior Bowl showing with a huge combine. 

PICK

Dwayne Haskins - QB

NYG.png

School: Ohio State | Year: Sophomore (RS) 
The Giants went public with their admiration of the Chiefs' handling of Patrick Mahomes, who sat for a year behind Alex Smith. The Giants could do the same thing here with Haskins and Eli Manning

PICK

Jawaan Taylor - OT

JAC.png

School: Florida | Year: Junior 
The Jaguars need to get back to their physical brand of football, and Taylor has the flexibility to play guard or tackle. 

PICK

Rashan Gary - Edge

DET.png

School: Michigan | Year: Junior 
Gary is an explosive player who should be able to move up and down the line for the Lions

PICK

D.K. Metcalf - WR

BUF.png

School: Mississippi | Year: Sophomore (RS) 
The Bills would like to find a big, fast wide receiver and they don't much come bigger or faster than Metcalf. 

PICK

Andre Dillard - OT

DEN.png

School: Washington State | Year: Senior (RS) 
Dillard would address a major need for the Broncosand would excel under the tutelage of new O-line coach Mike Munchak.

Just now, Mountain Man said:

They are seriously over thinking things if Dillard goes ahead of Jonah Williams.

Draft media need to stop obsessing over arm length and accept the obvious. Jonah Williams has spent his whole college career dominating everyone

Speaking of overthinking... no Ed Oliver in the top 10? 

On 3/4/2019 at 2:24 AM, BillsFan1988 said:

Elite? No.  I would rather go FA and use a mid rd pick for depth on the Oline.   In a few weeks you will get a better idea of what Mcbeane is thinking in terms of FA and draft depth.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Philo Beddoe said:

Gross. Would rather have either Oliver/White/Wilkins if the board falls that way. 

I could be wrong (obviously!), but if it falls this way I think there are better options on D than..... DK. 

22 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I keep seeing all the measurable oddities with Metcalf but can he play? Can he catch the ball and get open and play football? I don’t know a lot about the guy. Is he a good player or just a physical freak?

He's better than people are crediting him for but it's a deep WR draft and there is better value at the position later on, IMO. I would go OL, DL or Edge, if they stay at 9.