Daniel Jeremiah Mock Draft 1.0 - Bills take OT Jawaan Taylor; 2.0 WR DK Metcalf

YoloinOhio

26 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I actually like Taylor better than Williams. But I still think that's a bit of a reach. I still think our best bet is trade down to the teens with a team that needs a QB. If we take Taylor at 15 I would accept that.

Biggest surprise in this mock is Josh Jacobs at 5. I think he will go higher than most people expect though.

I don't get the Gary love. Too small for a 3Tech and not fast enough as a DE? 

19 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Only way I see him not going to the jets is if the niners take him at 2 or if the cards take a qB at 1 and niners take Bosa.  Even then, the jets could take Allen of QWilliams

i think the jets go dlineman here. no richardson or wilkerson, they gotta retool and they already have leo. williams.  i can't see a tackle or guard going that high.

i think the trade downs are gonna happen right off and i think there will be at least 2 trade downs by the time we pick and maybe even dried up by the time we pick.  anyway if oliver's there....i have read that's he's the next warren sapp...and i'd be good with that but, please dear lord give us another josh allen!   not gonna hold my breath though....

Edited by billsredneck1

Gary has been all over these mock boards but I've seen him no lower than 12 in any legit mock draft, he's rated a 93 on Scouts Inc. (tied for 3rd best player). He has elite athletic ability but my problem is that he didn't display it nearly enough and I'm not buying the whole "Harbaugh didn't use him correctly", if he was athletically gifted Harbaugh would have found a spot for him.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Gary has been all over these mock boards but I've seen him no lower than 12 in any legit mock draft, he's rated a 93 on Scouts Inc. (tied for 3rd best player). He has elite athletic ability but my problem is that he didn't display it nearly enough and I'm not buying the whole "Harbaugh didn't use him correctly", if he was athletically gifted Harbaugh would have found a spot for him.

Definitely a raw prospect. He will have to get drafted by the right coaching staff to work out most likely. 

I do think that Taylor and Little will go before Williams when it is all said and done becuase he's meh and those guys have way more potential. I also do not think there is any way the Lions pass on Devin White. I would hate an offensive guy in the top ten of this draft. 

1 hour ago, PIZ said:

I'm not a draft guru, but are Josh Jacobs (RB) and Hockenson (TE) that good?  Are they projected that high?  I haven't seen them in a mock yet in the top 10.

No and no. The earliest I've seen Jacobs mocked before this is in the mid 20's. Hockenson definitely has some fans but for the most part, he usually goes in like the 25-40 range.

For what it's worth, I think Charlie Campbell had Taylor going #5 in his latest mock. Him being in the top 10 is an outlier opinion right now but it's not really crazy.

Edited by DCOrange
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001011490/article/daniel-jeremiah-mock-draft-10-kyler-murray-lands-with-patriots

PICK

Nick Bosa - Edge

ARI.png

School: Ohio State | Year: Junior 
Bosa is a polished pass rusher and he'll excel opposite Chandler Jones

PICK

Rashan Gary - Edge

SF.png

School: Michigan | Year: Junior 
Gary has the size of a defensive tackle but the skill set to play on the edge. He'll give the 49ers one of the best young D-lines in the NFL. 

PICK

Josh Allen - Edge

NYJ.png

School: Kentucky | Year: Senior 
The Jets need to address the O-line, but Allen will be too tempting to pass up. He's a bendy edge rusher with excellent production. 

PICK

Quinnen Williams - DT

OAK.png

School: Alabama | Year: Sophomore (RS) 
The Raiders are desperate for pass rushers. Williams offers tremendous upside in that department and dominates against the run. 

PICK

Josh Jacobs - RB

TB.png

School: Alabama | Year: Junior 
The Bucs didn't see any return on their investment in Ronald Jones, a second-round pick last year. Jacobs is a dynamic player with ideal toughness. 

PICK

Dwayne Haskins - QB

NYG.png

School: Ohio State | Year: Sophomore (RS) 
Haskins lacks the ideal mobility, but he's a pure pocket passer with excellent arm strength and accuracy. 

PICK

Jeffery Simmons - DT

JAC.png

School: Mississippi State | Year: Junior 
I wouldn't be surprised if Simmons were to go earlier than this spot. Teams are buzzing about his talent. 

PICK

T.J. Hockenson - TE

DET.png

School: Iowa | Year: Sophomore (RS) 
This might be a little early for Hockenson, but he fits the physical identity the Lions have been attempting to build. 

PICK

Jawaan Taylor - OT

BUF.png

School: Florida | Year: Junior 
Taylor could start at right tackle or either of the guard spots. He is a powerful run blocker with the agility to hold up in pass protection. 

Meh....look for us to take a physical freak before a stalworth...just my opinion

• Like (+1) 1