I am the Highway tribute concert to Chris Cornell

LeGOATski

19 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Chris Cornell was a a true talent. I remember when Badmotorfinger came out and I heard Rusty Cage for the first time and I was hooked. Outshined is top notch too.

Outshined has been a favorite since I was a kid. Josh Homme did a cool solo rendition of Rusty Cage; video in that linked article. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Chris Cornell was a a true talent. I remember when Badmotorfinger came out and I heard Rusty Cage for the first time and I was hooked. Outshined is top notch too.

Also, this one ranks somewhere in my favorite songs.

his voice got better over the years.

6 hours ago, shrader said:

No Matt Cameron?

And no Eddie Vedder.

The two were supposedly close.

I mean, there was a lot of tribute stuff going on right after his suicide. Can't blame them if they had prior engagements that prevented them from attending this one. I think I read that there was some tension between band members and Cornell's wife about the handling of his catalog and whatnot, so who knows if that had anything to do with anything.

Edit: Matt Cameron was there...

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

his voice got better over the years.

No, not really ?

He probably committed suicide once he finally realized he couldn't sing anymore....

I kid, I kid.... ?

Edited by LeGOATski

4 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Everything should be kidded about.

Life's too short.

What do you think the rules are for jokes in Heaven? 

Perhaps only "funny things" should be kidded about.  This was just lame.

2 hours ago, Bad Things said:

Perhaps only "funny things" should be kidded about.  This was just lame.

To each their own.

One of my best friends from childhood committed suicide, also in 2017. I'll joke about that, too. I don't wallow in despair very long, even though the sadness washes over me from time to time. He would joke about the situation too, if he could, in a self-deprecating way I'm sure.

You can't go through life being too serious or self-righteous. It really puts a damper on things.

5 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

To each their own.

One of my best friends from childhood committed suicide, also in 2017. I'll joke about that, too. I don't wallow in despair very long, even though the sadness washes over me from time to time. He would joke about the situation too, if he could, in a self-deprecating way I'm sure.

You can't go through life being too serious or self-righteous. It really puts a damper on things.

I never said anything at all about it being wrong to joke about certain things.  Where did you get that from?

I was simply commenting that your "joke" was lame/not funny.

If you want to stick your neck out and joke about something "edgy", you should at least make sure the joke has a good punchline. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Bad Things said:

I never said anything at all about it being wrong to joke about certain things.  Where did you get that from?

I was simply commenting that your "joke" was lame/not funny.

If you want to stick your neck out and joke about something "edgy", you should at least make sure the joke has a good punchline. 

Oh, so that's all it was. Criticizing the delivery....

I'm sure all your jokes are gold. You sound like a really fun person.

15 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Oh, so that's all it was. Criticizing the delivery....

I'm sure all your jokes are gold. You sound like a really fun person.

I'm a totally fun person to be around, but yes, many of my jokes are terrible.