RIP Joe O’Donnell

28 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Give your loved ones an extra hug/kisses today, and every day you are blessed to have with them after that.

....the BIG tragedy for me my friend is for a parent losing a child, whether newborn or more tragically before even having the opportunity to take ONE breath of life due to pregnancy complications...just seems grossly unfair...I lost my baby (ONLY) brother to tragedy in 1990 and had to inform my late mother that he was gone.....the mental anguish trolled her for years...you read an obit and the deceased "fought a courageous battle with cancer"....what courageous battle can a newborn fight or even a pre-natal death?....none....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....the BIG tragedy for me my friend is for a parent losing a child, whether newborn or more tragically before even having the opportunity to take ONE breath of life due to pregnancy complications...just seems grossly unfair...I lost my baby (ONLY) brother to tragedy in 1990 and had to inform my late mother that he was gone.....the mental anguish trolled her for years...

Really sorry to hear about that AFL, and yes, as a parent I cannot even imagine that. 

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Really sorry to hear about that AFL, and yes, as a parent I cannot imagine that. 

...back in 2009, I got the call on July 3 that my son was in a serious accident and the prognosis for survival was dim....we were getting ready for a cookout dinner and he had to run to a friend's house for "a minute"....got t-boned by a drunk driver at 4PM and barrel rolled in his Explorer for 75 feet ending up against a tree which stopped him from going into a house....thrown through the windshield and found laying in the yard......miraculously survived after plates, pins, rods, screws, multiple transfusions, 100 stitches/staples, etc.....was only 20 and they told me his youth was what he had going for him....he is a 245 lb ripped beast today, but as a parent getting THAT call is forever etched in my mind.....

• Like (+1) 4

38 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Give your loved ones an extra hug/kisses today, and every day you are blessed to have with them after that.

I'm with you there. Lost my brother unexpectedly last month. Thank God I talked to to him a few days before and the last words we said were " We love ya" 

• Like (+1) 5

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....the BIG tragedy for me my friend is for a parent losing a child, whether newborn or more tragically before even having the opportunity to take ONE breath of life due to pregnancy complications...just seems grossly unfair...I lost my baby (ONLY) brother to tragedy in 1990 and had to inform my late mother that he was gone.....the mental anguish trolled her for years...you read an obit and the deceased "fought a courageous battle with cancer"....what courageous battle can a newborn fight or even a pre-natal death?....none....

Im so sorry for you’re loss bud.  I understand all to well.

4 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

The Buffalo Bills express their deepest condolences to the family and friends of former Bills offensive lineman Joe O’Donnell who passed away Thursday morning.

RIP Joe!  Nice pic of the old, and distinctive Niagara U practice facility too.

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, vorpma said:

He was the classic Buffalo Bill of the Lou Saban era; he did whatever it took to win! RIP Joe!

This. A Joe of all trades, master of none. Joe played anywhere we needed him to and had a fine career. He, Shaw, Al BeMiller and Stew Barber formed the catalyst for many winning seasons including 3 title games. 

Rest In Peace, #67. Thank you for the memories.

• Like (+1) 2