For the Record (book) - Josh Allen's impressive rookie season

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

My sarcasm meter is vacillating.  

Can’t tell if it’s sarc or not. 

It's absolutely sarcasm ShadyBillsFan. 

But the fact you couldn't be sure is a testament to the whacked out way in which every aspect of Allen's game is picked apart in hopes of furthering the "Allen is a bust" agenda.  Like I've said in other posts I welcome constructive, fair criticism of Allen.  But so much of what passes for criticism of this guy just seems absurd to me. 

2 hours ago, Putin said:

No I didn’t see Mahomes making them , maybe it’s because he was sitting behind a legitimate STARTING NFL QB and LEARNING his rookie year ???? 

And if Rosen  COULD run 30 yards =  maybe the  pigs could fly 

Sorry for the misunderstanding Putin but I was just following up your sarcastic post with one of my own. 

6 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

This is right out of the Bills PR-Playbook.

Don’t have any results to sell, so you start selling hype. 

Somehow I think they’ll just omit any “highlights” from Green Bay and New England. 

You’re right, this post is total PR hype...for the wrong Josh crowd. In the meantime I’ll take the sour taste in my mouth that the Miami season ending game left me with, and wonder whatever shall we do at the QB spot since Allen is obviously such a bust. ?

Please. If you can’t really see what your eyeballs are telling you, that this kid is legit, then what exactly were you looking at? The Cardinals all year? 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

You’re right, this post is total PR hype...for the wrong Josh crowd. In the meantime I’ll take the sour taste in my mouth that the Miami season ending game left me with, and wonder whatever shall we do at the QB spot since Allen is obviously such a bust. ?

Please. If you can’t really see what your eyeballs are telling you, that this kid is legit, then what exactly were you looking at? The Cardinals all year? 

We were 6-10 this year, Josh was 5-6 overall, 0-3 against Playoff teams. So we can pump the brakes. 

I’m as hungry as anyone for the Bills to get some players and for Allen to get better, he did display game changing athleticism, but in the end Bills PR and fans are trying to spin a losing season as great things to come. We’ve been doing that since Trent Edwards.

2 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

We were 6-10 this year, Josh was 5-6 overall, 0-3 against Playoff teams. So we can pump the brakes. 

I’m as hungry as anyone for the Bills to get some players and for Allen to get better, he did display game changing athleticism, but in the end Bills PR and fans are trying to spin a losing season as great things to come. We’ve been doing that since Trent Edwards.

The Bills PR department isn't spinning anything.  It's fans who trust what they saw with their own eyes.  A least for me my optimism is based on the outstanding progress made by Allen over the course of the season, the Bills solid foundation of a defense and a whole lot of CAP money. 

Edited by CincyBillsFan

6 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

The Bills PR department isn't spinning anything.  It's fans who trust what they saw with their own eyes.  A least for me my optimism is based on the outstanding progress made by Allen over the course of the season, the Bills solid foundation of a defense and a whole lot of CAP money. 

We’ll see. For some fans 8-8 will be enough improvement, whereas I would like to see 10-6 and a solid Playoff birth. 

8 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

We’ll see. For some fans 8-8 will be enough improvement, whereas I would like to see 10-6 and a solid Playoff birth. 

The defense and Hous$ got them to the playoffs in 17 with Tuhrod.  

The defense and Hous$ and a more experienced Josh Allen can get them to the playoffs in 19 with improvements to the offense.  JMO

44 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

Just imagine if he could throw accurately on a consistent basis! He'd be pretty good.

SMH ...  

I hope your post was in jest.  

KB alone ruined any decent stats Josh could have reached.    37.1% 

Hit # 1  for the Panthers 

Kelvin Benjamin added two more drops Sunday to take his total to 11 for the season.

Vikings game -

The more notable dropper of the bunch was Kelvin Benjamin, though. Benjamin had two early drops, including one on the goal line which would’ve been a touchdown. The pass from rookie Josh Allen hit him right before the one and three on his uniform

excluding throwaways and drops 72.7%

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/292685/how-the-nfls-rookie-qbs-performed-in-year-1-and-whats-next

Season-defining play: Allen's 75-yard touchdown pass to Robert Fosterduring a Week 12 win over the Jaguars. Allen made many of the best plays of his rookie season with his legs or when throwing on the run, but the most promise he showed as a pocket passer came when he launched a pass 39 yards in the air despite being sandwiched by two Jaguars pass-rushers. Allen has an obvious talent to effortlessly flick passes with eye-opening velocity and distance

This play showed he could do that accurately while standing in the pocket against pressure.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Before we go off the deep end, impressive in spots, OK, but inconsistent. It's clear he has a way to go, so I'd prefer to call it a promising start, which is a huge step up from what we've seen for some time at the QB position.