Bruce Feldman story on Dan Enos

YoloinOhio

That same day, Enos’ name had surfaced as a candidate for offensive coordinator openings at Georgia and Miami. But at Alabama, Enos was getting handed the keys to the most explosive collection of skill-position talent the Tide have ever had: phenom quarterback and Heisman Trophy runner-up Tua Tagovailoa, two five-star running backs and a quartet of blazing fast wideouts that led the country in big plays by a wide margin. However, there was no sign of Enos when the staff meeting was about to start.

“Where the F#$% is Dan?!?”

Several of the staffers knew the answer to their boss’ question. Word had already spread that 50-year-old Enos was headed to Miami to become offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach under Manny Diaz. No one in the room wanted to be the one to break that news to Saban, even though Miami was primed to announce it in a couple hours.

One staffer scrambled to check if Enos was in his office. It was empty, save for a pencil on the desk. Maybe he’d already moved into Locksley’s old office, but that one was empty, too.

“He moved out like the Colts,” said one person with knowledge of the matter, equating Enos’ departure to the middle-of-the-night exit by the old Baltimore NFL franchise to Indianapolis.

Less than a week after the Enos’ bombshell, there’s been more turnover on the Tide staff.

It is admittedly weird, but Coach Saban is already moving to hire coaches. Coach Sunseri is a proven commodity.

Yolo, do you know much about the new offensive line coach who was head coach at Rutgers? Saban likes to keep at least one coach with recruiting ties to the northeast. Minkah Fitzpatrick played high school ball in New Jersey, as did 5 star recruit Antonio Alfano (who I am hoping to see great things from).

On 1/18/2019 at 2:17 PM, Bill from NYC said:

It is admittedly weird, but Coach Saban is already moving to hire coaches. Coach Sunseri is a proven commodity.

Yolo, do you know much about the new offensive line coach who was head coach at Rutgers? Saban likes to keep at least one coach with recruiting ties to the northeast. Minkah Fitzpatrick played high school ball in New Jersey, as did 5 star recruit Antonio Alfano (who I am hoping to see great things from).

I don’t know anything about Flood other than everyone says he can’t recruit. But I don’t put too much stock into that because, Rutgers 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.