If you could add ANY former (non QB) Bill in history to this team now who would it be

Alphadawg7

O.J.  Unless, of course, the question presupposes knowledge about what would come later ...

... it's a good question as to which great players of yesteryear would still be dominant in today's NFL. Go back 30 years and I'm still pretty sure Kelly/Reed/Smith/Thurman would be great today. 45 years? Not that many. But O.J. is one I have zero doubts about

37 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

O.J.  Unless, of course, the question presupposes knowledge about what would come later ...

... it's a good question as to which great players of yesteryear would still be dominant in today's NFL. Go back 30 years and I'm still pretty sure Kelly/Reed/Smith/Thurman would be great today. 45 years? Not that many. But O.J. is one I have zero doubts about

Honestly the assumption I went with is that this was a modern day equivalent player. So a guy like prime Adrian Peterson level impact dropped on the team. 

12 hours ago, timekills17 said:

Thurman was the first true all-purpose back; leading the league in yards multiple years in

I love Thurman, but you are ignoring Roger Craig.  Dude was a beast, was NFL offensive player of the year, All-Pro a couple times and was the first man to get 1,000 yards rushing AND receiving in the same season.  Before Thurman was even in the league...

To answer the OP's question though, Andre Reed would be my choice.  Number one WR who could reliably impact the game at any level of the field.  

Edited by purple haze
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, tbarg12 said:

I was always a huge Eric Moulds fan growing up, it would be awesome to see Josh Allen dropping a perfect 60 yard pass into his hands. 

What’s weird is Moulds came during my semi-drought time. I was gone from WNY but didn’t yet have all the access to Sunday Ticket. There was a dry spell where I unfortunately missed much of the Moulds career. 

Bruce Smith.  Gotta go with the GOAT at DE (and don't give me that racist homophobe Reggie White).  Bruce always paced himself in a game, was never that 110% on every play guy.  Until the play mattered.  Bruce would then turn into an absolutely unstoppable force.  Never saw another player make the big play time and again with the game on the line.

Eric Moulds.  

Give me his 1998 season.

1368 receiving yards. 20.4 yards per reception.

Man he looked good in that blue uni with the red helmets.

I hope one day those mid to late 90s unis are worn as the throwbacks w/ the red helmets. 

Edited by Estro

19 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Jason Peters. Not even a question.

I suppose there might be a question, but he would be my choice. 

Moulds would fit nicely. 

Bruce could play in any era. 

Lofton would have to be a consideration. 

Sentimental favorite would be Billy Shaw. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Ted  Washington, to stop the run.

Metzelars because we need a great TE.

You realize in ten years in a Bills uniform Metzelaars had less than 3000 yards receiving and only one season over 600 yards. He was never great but sadly probably the best of the worst position group in Bills history.

11 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

You realize in ten years in a Bills uniform Metzelaars had less than 3000 yards receiving and only one season over 600 yards. He was never great but sadly probably the best of the worst position group in Bills history.

Quite a few of us ‘old timers’ seem to recall Metzelaars through ‘rose coloured glasses’.  I wonder if it’s our association with him being on successful teams, or the fact we recall (rightly or wrongly) him as a receiver who seemed to make catches when it counted.