If you could add ANY former (non QB) Bill in history to this team now who would it be

Alphadawg7

the big play guy in me says Moulds....this guy was so productive with ***** QB's besides Bledsoe. He would be incredible with Allen-

but my brain says Reed out of the slot would be just what the doctor ordered. 

On the current team I think Zay out of the slot would be the perfect spot but we need to find an accomplished #1 wr. Then you have Foster on the other side and here we go add in  play making tight end, McCoy who i do not think is done and you can push McKenzie down. Now we would have weapons all by adding just one player - yes he has to be a Brown type guy. Then address the o line

2 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Bruce may have been the best pass rusher of all time.  

But OJ is probably the greatest football player at any position I've seen in my 60 years on earth.  In his prime, he looked like a NFLer playing against junior college kids.   

Let's look at peak productivity...  

In OJ's best season - back when defenses schemed more to stop the run than the pass -  OJ had an incredible 75% more yards than the #2 guy.  OJ rushed for 2,003 yards in that season (1973) - next best total was 1,144.  And that was in the 1970s when the best athletes in America wanted to be running backs, unlike today.  

Bruce, on the other hand, never led the NFL in sacks.  Not once.  He was very good for a very long time, but at his peak he was not as dominant as OJ.  

Maybe Bruce is a better pick in this exercise because he'd contribute for more seasons.  But OJ would make the biggest immediate impact.  His talent was other worldly.  

Nice points. I didn't know that 78 never lead the league in sacks. Juice was incredible and just a fun guy to watch run. Fast, elusive, powerful. A major reason I'm an out of town Bills fan.

But in this day and age when it's all about the QB if I can't pick a QB the next best thing is getting after the QB so I'd go with Bruce. Watching him terrorize Brady twice a year would have been sweet.

Walt Patulski.  With Kelvin Benjamin gone, we need a new whipping boy.

Less facetiously, I'm going to go with the unusual choice of Pete Metzelaars.  Because he's probably the best TE the Bills have had in their history, and while this franchise has shown it can acquire one way or another quality WRs, RBs, LBs, linemen, and other positions, they can't seen to get a TE, via free agency or draft, who doesn't end up being Tony Hunter.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Bruce Smith is the obvious choice, he is a trans-formative player and the best player in franchise history. That being said the more interesting question is which offensive player in Bills history would you want to pair with Allen? To me that would be Jason Peters. Peters would dramatically improve the offensive line and be a decade plus anchor there. I would also love to see Moulds, Lee Evan, Thurman, and Ruben Brown too. Lee never made a pro-bowl but with that speed dam what things he could do with a cannon armed QB like Josh. 

Off the top of my head, Bruce. He was such a joy to watch play. 

Many others have made made solid arguments for others but, at this point in time, I’d go with Bruce. Iur D would line would be better which would make our DB’s better which would get the other O off the field faster which would allow our new-found O talent to excel. 

(Yes, I know that was the longest run-on sentence ever). 

Another twist on the OP’s question is who can the Bills realistically get that would be the closest clone to one of those great Bills players of the past? 

Whether you think Bruce, Cookie, Thurman, K. Hull, etc. Whar rookie, free agent, ot tradeable player can the Bills get that would come closest to matching their production?

11 hours ago, Antonio said:

1. Bruce. Would be better than having K.Mack, Bruce was a game changer. 

2. Reed. Consistant and always reliable, work the entire field, short, middle, deep you name it he cought it.  

3. Moulds. Excelent convination of size and speed. 

4. Winfield. Lock both size of the field. Talk about No Fly Zone. 

5. Ted Washington. Wall up front, our D would be so much better both against the run and pass. 

Dark Horse. Imagine to have the DPOY Bryce Paup with Milano and Edmunds Ohhhhh got chills. He was a force with us.

Strong choices. 

• Like (+1) 1