If you could add ANY former (non QB) Bill in history to this team now who would it be

Alphadawg7

If I’m answering for our current team, I’m going Thurman.  Our defense is fine and I don’t know that Andre would dominate like he did.  

Thurman could be the safety valve Allen needs.  

After that, I was thinking Hull. 

Don Beene for fun reasons

42 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Thurman could hold the clipboard for Juice's prime years

OJ was a better runner, but Thurman was a better receiver and at could spell the word "block" while he was playing football.  OJ couldn't so that until after he was in jail.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

Any answer other than Bruce Smith is wrong. 

And folks who say "Eric Moulds" clearly didn't see Andre Reed play. One is in the HOF, the other one will not be. 

In fairness...one played his whole career with a HOF QB, the other mostly had his career wasted by an inept organization.  

I saw them both play, and I think Moulds has a HOF resume too if had played his whole career with a Jim Kelly in his prime.  Moulds skill set I think translates a little better today, although I love Reed and have no issue with someone taking him either.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

Any answer other than Bruce Smith is wrong. 

And folks who say "Eric Moulds" clearly didn't see Andre Reed play. One is in the HOF, the other one will not be. 

It has to be Bruce.

Thurman is a top 15 all-time RB, Reed is a top 15-all time WR, but Bruce is top 15 all-time period. 

And OJ isn't a process guy.

4 hours ago, Antonio said:

1. Bruce. Would be better than having K.Mack, Bruce was a game changer. 

2. Reed. Consistant and always reliable, work the entire field, short, middle, deep you name it he cought it.  

3. Moulds. Excelent convination of size and speed. 

4. Winfield. Lock both size of the field. Talk about No Fly Zone. 

5. Ted Washington. Wall up front, our D would be so much better both against the run and pass. 

Dark Horse. Imagine to have the DPOY Bryce Paup with Milano and Edmunds Ohhhhh got chills. He was a force with us.

I swear to god I had the exact same 5 except Winfield 5 and Teddy 4.    I don't see how Bruce isn't automatic for #1 seeing as he was the best player to ever play DE in the history of the game, but I suppose there are certain guys (Like Paup in his monster sack year) where you could look at other guys.  Gotta consider Jason Peters in his prime too.  Def a top 10 all timer.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

If you could choose any one non QB player in Buffalo history to put on this rising Buffalo team with Allen at the helm, who would it be? 

Tough choices, but I think I would go with Thurman, as he would be an immediate benefit in both the run and pass game around Allen.  

I have to answer the question in the present tense, not choosing guys over 50 who can't play today nor dead guys.  Therefore, I'm picking Robert Woods who would re-join the team & be able to play at a higher level than of the old timers who are well past their prime.  

4 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

If you could choose any one non QB player in Buffalo history to put on this rising Buffalo team with Allen at the helm, who would it be?

Tough choices, but I think I would go with Thurman, as he would be an immediate benefit in both the run and pass game around Allen.  

for Allens benefit, it has to be O.J.