If you could add ANY former (non QB) Bill in history to this team now who would it be

Alphadawg7

If you could choose any one non QB player in Buffalo history to put on this rising Buffalo team with Allen at the helm, who would it be?

Tough choices, but I think I would go with Thurman, as he would be an immediate benefit in both the run and pass game around Allen.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, CoudyBills said:

Eric Moulds for me

He was literally one of my top choices too!  Originally had him in original post as a dark horse pick, but didn’t want to influence other decisions after I already picked Thurman.  Here is what I originally had in OP:

Dark Horse:  WR is clearly a need, so Reed would be an obvious choice too.  However I think Moulds might be a slightly better fit for this offense and modern game.  I think he’s also puts up a HOF career as a WR had he played with Kelly his whole career too.  Love Reed, but think Moulds combo of size and speed would be excellent with Allen

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

He was literally one of my top choices too!  Originally had him in original post as a dark horse pick, but didn’t want to influence other decisions after I already picked Thurman.  Here is what I originally had in OP:

Dark Horse:  WR is clearly a need, so Reed would be an obvious choice too.  However I think Moulds might be a slightly better fit for this offense and modern game.  I think he’s also puts up a HOF career as a WR had he played with Kelly his whole career too.  Love Reed, but think Moulds combo of size and speed would be excellent with Allen

Agree with all of that.  I think Moulds is one of those guys that was senselessly wasted. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

What about Lee Evans?  He was a great threat for Losman and he would be great with Allen too.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, buffaloboyinATL said:

What about Lee Evans?  He was a great threat for Losman and he would be great with Allen too.

Very much agree, however I think Moulds strength and size to go with speed edges out Evans.  But I do think Evans is one of the most underrated Bills all time who had hands and elite speed and was a great route runner too.  His career was wasted here with the train wrecks he had to catch passes from.

• Like (+1) 3

Elbert "Golden Wheels" Dubenion.  Hell, he's still alive and even at 85 (soon to be 86) he would likely be better than most of the Bills' current receivers. ?

He would even fit in with the current politicalization of the game. He and other black players boycotted the 1965 AFL All Star game in New Orleans because of discrimination there and forced the game to be moved to Houston.

8 minutes ago, jjmac said:

My choice was taken (Kent Hull), so I'm moving out to right tackle and going with Joe Devlin.

Interesting as I would have thought Rueben Brown would be the next OL taken after Hull given how bad our guards and interior line is.  

Bruce.

Thurman was the first true all-purpose back; leading the league in yards multiple years in a row.

Jerry Rice said the best receiver in the NFL was Andre Reed, and he was the game breaking slot receiver before that was a thing.

EMo was big with great hands (really big when he got to Houston - he was damn near a TE then)

Jerry Butler was more dominant in his era then any of those three above.

OJ - a running back with world class Olympic speed that was bigger than many linebackers today - he's the only one I'd have to hesitate on.

But Bruce...he's the only one you literally could not game plan against.

• Like (+1) 2

1. Bruce. Would be better than having K.Mack, Bruce was a game changer. 

2. Reed. Consistant and always reliable, work the entire field, short, middle, deep you name it he cought it.  

3. Moulds. Excelent convination of size and speed. 

4. Winfield. Lock both size of the field. Talk about No Fly Zone. 

5. Ted Washington. Wall up front, our D would be so much better both against the run and pass. 

Dark Horse. Imagine to have the DPOY Bryce Paup with Milano and Edmunds Ohhhhh got chills. He was a force with us.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

If you could choose any one non QB player in Buffalo history to put on this rising Buffalo team with Allen at the helm, who would it be?

Tough choices, but I think I would go with Thurman, as he would be an immediate benefit in both the run and pass game around Allen.  

Jim Kelly. Oh...whoops. But wait, according to Joe Pa, he would've been a heckuva linebacker as well. :) 

5 minutes ago, Antonio said:

1. Bruce. Would be better than having K.Mack, Bruce was a game changer. 

2. Reed. Consistant and always reliable, work the entire field, short, middle, deep you name it he cought it.  

3. Moulds. Excelent convination of size and speed. 

4. Winfield. Lock both size of the field. Talk about No Fly Zone. 

5. Ted Washington. Wall up front, our D would be so much better both against the run and pass. 

Dark Horse. Imagine to have the DPOY Bryce Paup with Milano and Edmunds Ohhhhh got chills. He was a force with us.

^^^^^^This. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Interesting as I would have thought Rueben Brown would be the next OL taken after Hull given how bad our guards and interior line is.  

I thought our RT position was bad all year, and I couldn't make up my mind which G i wanted.

• Like (+1) 1

Pete Metzelaars (honorable mention, Keith McKeller, who was the "K" in "K-Gun"), so that Josh would have a bona fine TE receiving and blocking threat, and who could've made the Miami last drive catch for the W. 

Steve Tasker would also make a timely addition to our ST and/or WR units. 

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Like (+1) 1