Top 9 players in the draft.

Just now, CommonCents said:

Maybe watch the video, a woman has the girl on the ground and his holding her by her hair, I’m not sure who he was protecting at that point. As the woman holds the girls hair big Jeff comes in and punches the motionless one  17 times in the face and head. Then the other woman tosses in a nice punch and a kick. 

It was a 30 year old woman who has a dispute with his mother and older sisters. He was 18. I wouldn't hold this against him at all.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

1. Bosa

2. Quinnen Williams

3. Devin White

4. Josh Allen

5. Ed Oliver

6. Clelin Ferrell

7. Jonah Williams

8. Greedy Williams

9. Rashan Gary

Now that the Bills are out of the market for a franchise qb this franchise has so many more options in the draft. Last year,  the Bills had to figure out how to move up and compute the costs associated with moving up. Now we have the flexibility to stay pat or move down. However the brain trust decides to go I think we are getting to the point where the accumulation of three good drafts will at the minimum get us at threshold of having enough talent to have a competitive team.

The theme of this offseason should be surrounding Josh Allen with enough talent where he can be successful. This is a notion that Beane has stated on numerous occasions. I hope he can accomplish it. The model that I would like to see followed is the Colt model where they added talent on the line to (Nelson and Smith) and upgraded  protecting their talented qb and allowing him to flourish. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, CommonCents said:

Did you watch the video? 

Yes. It's nothing to stop him from being drafted in the top 10 IMO. He's never been in trouble before or since. Again his mother and his sister have been fighting with the family next door or a couple doors down for years. The kids all fight each other. She is a 30 year old woman not his girlfriend who he can't keep his hands off.

My prediction post combine:  One WR will be listed on many teams top 10 boards.  

And it will likely be one or the other of Metcalf or Harry.  And could be both, meaning some teams have one or the other if both show well at the combine.  

Metcalf will be able to remind people of the total package he is and Harry, who is already regarded by many as the best WR in college football, will be able to show he’s faster than he’s getting credit for.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I think his point may be that when your mother is getting beat on, you react and deal with the consequences later - especially when you are 18.

Right, and having owners that won’t sign off on drafting him is one of those consequences. Someone will draft him, he is a 5 star recruit and had a good college career. 

4 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Now that the Bills are out of the market for a franchise qb this franchise has so many more options in the draft. Last year,  the Bills had to figure out how to move up and compute the costs associated with moving up. Now we have the flexibility to stay pat or move down. However the brain trust decides to go I think we are getting to the point where the accumulation of three good drafts will at the minimum get us at threshold of having enough talent to have a competitive team.

The theme of this offseason should be surrounding Josh Allen with enough talent where he can be successful. This is a notion that Beane has stated on numerous occasions. I hope he can accomplish it. The model that I would like to see followed is the Colt model where they added talent on the line to (Nelson and Smith) and upgraded  protecting their talented qb and allowing him to flourish. 

I agree, I’m just not sure that a guy is there worthy of that top 10 pick. I think that the biggest needs for the Bills are OL and pass catchers. IMO, this draft has a lot of guys on day 2 that fill those roles. Ideally, I’d like them to trade down with the Redskins. Pick 9 & a 4th for pick 15, a 2nd and a 3rd. That would give the Bills 5 top 100 picks and can really boost the overall talent level.

If they stay at 9 it almost certainly has to be defense IMO. That’s just where the talent is. 

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Right, and having owners that won’t sign off on drafting him is one of those consequences. Someone will draft him, he is a 5 star recruit and had a good college career. 

If all things hold true and McDermott is true to not backing down like in the fight with the Jags I don't see how McDermott will hold this against Simmons. It was a brawl, not a one on one beating that would have gotten him charged with domestic violence. Now you make a good point about the Owners and in that case I could see them blocking the pick. He's the perfect fit for their defense though.

15 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I agree, I’m just not sure that a guy is there worthy of that top 10 pick. I think that the biggest needs for the Bills are OL and pass catchers. IMO, this draft has a lot of guys on day 2 that fill those roles. Ideally, I’d like them to trade down with the Redskins. Pick 9 & a 4th for pick 15, a 2nd and a 3rd. That would give the Bills 5 top 100 picks and can really boost the overall talent level.

If they stay at 9 it almost certainly has to be defense IMO. That’s just where the talent is. 

I slightly disagree, I think Harry right now is worthy of the 9th pick and Metcalf will be too with a strong combine.  The only knock on Harry is he doesn’t have elite speed, but neither does Hopkins for instance.  Harry is fast, and fast enough to be a #1 WR to go along with incredible hands and ball skills.  

I get Harry isn’t listed now in most top 10 rankings due to the strength of the D prospects, but IMO that doesn’t automatically mean he isn’t worthy of being selected 9th.  In plenty of drafts he would be listed as a top 10 prospect.  Each draft has its own makeup, so for me, his talent is worthy of that spot and doesn’t make him less of a prospect if we take him at 9 instead of 15 for instance.  

However, I do strongly agree with you on the trade down and love the idea of swapping with Washington, especially if we get that much to do so.  This is because no one picking 10-14 will likely be drafting a WR, so at 15 we should have our pick of the WRs still unless someone traded up to get ahead of us.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

If all things hold true and McDermott is true to not backing down like in the fight with the Jags I don't see how McDermott will hold this against Simmons. It was a brawl, not a one on one beating that would have gotten him charged with domestic violence. Now you make a good point about the Owners and in that case I could see them blocking the pick. He's the perfect fit for their defense though.

That’s the only point I’m making, Kim is one of the most powerful women in the NFL, the same NFL that has an image problem which stems from a small handful of idiots hitting women.

No way she signs off on this guy and I totally understand why.  She represents change, why would she sign off on something like that then have others paint her as being a part of the problem?

1 minute ago, CommonCents said:

That’s the only point I’m making, Kim is one of the most powerful women in the NFL, the same NFL that has an image problem which stems from a small handful of idiots hitting women.

No way she signs off on this guy and I totally understand why.  She represents change, why would she sign off on something like that then have others paint her as being a part of the problem?

They were mum on McCoy and that "home invasion."

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I slightly disagree, I think Harry right now is worthy of the 9th pick and Metcalf will be too with a strong combine.  The only knock on Harry is he doesn’t have elite speed, but neither does Hopkins for instance.  Harry is fast, and fast enough to be a #1 WR to go along with incredible hands and ball skills.  

I get Harry isn’t listed now in most top 10 rankings due to the strength of the D prospects, but IMO that doesn’t automatically mean he isn’t worthy of being selected 9th.  In plenty of drafts he would be listed as a top 10 prospect.  Each draft has its own makeup, so for me, his talent is worthy of that spot and doesn’t make him less of a prospect if we take him at 9 instead of 15 for instance.  

However, I do strongly agree with you on the trade down and love the idea of swapping with Washington, especially if we get that much to do so.  This is because no one picking 10-14 will likely be drafting a WR, so at 15 we should have our pick of the WRs still unless someone traded up to get ahead of us.  

If they fall in love with Harry/Metcalf I’m fine with them taking one at 9. If they both test better than expected at the combine then a trade down is less risky.

I can see Metcalf blowing up the combine and the Bills would smart to take him at their spot unless they want to risk missing out. 

The name on the back of the jersey doesn’t matter, just get the best one. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

However, I do strongly agree with you on the trade down and love the idea of swapping with Washington, especially if we get that much to do so.  Plus, no one picking 10-14 will be drafting a WR, so at 15 we should have our pick of the WRs still unless someone traded up to get ahead of us.  

That’s kind of my thought. I wouldn’t hate a WR at 9 (or Jonah Williams if he is there). I think it’s a slight reach but both are big needs. At 15, I’d love it. 

The way that I’m looking at it is this Bills team lacks talent (specifically on offense). They should use FA to upgrade the overall talent level. Sign a guy like Paradis and then move Bodine to a depth guy. Sign Darryl Williams and Mills with Mills being a depth guy. You can start to upgrade the talent level prior to the draft. That way when the draft rolls around you have the flexibility to get the best players regardless of position. If they can get 5 of the 1st 100 picks (basically that a Washington trade) they can give the offense a jolt. As a hypothetical they could do something like:

15 - Metcalf

40 - Dre’Mont Jones

46 - Josh Jacobs

75 - Ross Pierschbacher

Compensatory at the end of the 3rd - Anthony Johnson

Some of that may be wishful thinking but guys fall all of the time. This would put the Bills in a great spot.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s kind of my thought. I wouldn’t hate a WR at 9 (or Jonah Williams if he is there). I think it’s a slight reach but both are big needs. At 15, I’d love it. 

The way that I’m looking at it is this Bills team lacks talent (specifically on offense). They should use FA to upgrade the overall talent level. Sign a guy like Paradis and then move Bodine to a depth guy. Sign Darryl Williams and Mills with Mills being a depth guy. You can start to upgrade the talent level prior to the draft. That way when the draft rolls around you have the flexibility to get the best players regardless of position. If they can get 5 of the 1st 100 picks (basically that a Washington trade) they can give the offense a jolt. As a hypothetical they could do something like:

15 - Metcalf

40 - Dre’Mont Jones

46 - Josh Jacobs

75 - Ross Pierschbacher

Compensatory at the end of the 3rd - Anthony Johnson

Some of that may be wishful thinking but guys fall all of the time. This would put the Bills in a great spot.

I would love to really address the OL in free agency and I do think thats the plan.

And a trade down with Washigton is the ideal scenario because it’s a safe zone to get a WR still as the teams 10-14 are not likely to draft a WR with the current makeup’s of their teams.

Edited by Alphadawg7

2 hours ago, CommonCents said:

If White is there at 9 that’s going to put the decision makers in a tough spot. BPA by a mile but can they put another high pick into the LB group? Yeeeeeeeee. I love LSU but I’m almost hoping he isn’t on the board when we pick. That’s a tough spot. 

I'm hoping he is on the board.  I'd take White in an instant.  LB group set for YEARS.   Then trade back into the 1st and grab WR/OT.  I'm thinking we fix the OL through FA because we don't want rookies learning on the job, so I'm thinking we trade back into the 1st for a WR, and then grab OT in the 2nd. 

5 minutes ago, Ennjay said:

Here's what I'm hoping: someone out there loves Haskins and he slips to #9.  The Bills trade back to someplace in the high teens plus a not late third or a late second.

I hope one team loves Haskins, and another Murray.  Bidding war for #9. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I think there is a high probability, as happens every year, a team or two is going to reach for a QB, going ahead of us.

This will be key to their R1 pick this year, how many QBs will go in the first 8?  Then there is always the surprise pick, a la Browns at 4 last year...