Top 9 players in the draft.

7 hours ago, billvernsays said:

I’m not trying to do a mock draft here. The point was to list MY top 9 for the Bills. I’m saying if any of the top 5 players are there I think the Bills run up to the podium, if not we may look to trade down since I don’t feel the talent drop off between the players I have listed 6-9 and the players you could get at let’s say pick 20 are all that much different. 

That is a reasonable position.  I think a trade down is probably a good idea.  It may, however, be difficult to come up with a consensus even of the top 5.  Top 2 are almost certainly Bosa and Quinnen Williams.  Maybe Josh Allen is in that group.  There's not even close to a consensus on Devin White or Rashan Gary.  Of course, Brandon Beane's top 5 is the only one that really matters to the Bills.

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

We have lots of the same guys slightly different order (who is D. Brown?) I think the interesting questions are where the ledges are - so I think there is one after the top 4 and then a smaller one after a group that for me includes G. Williams, White, Ferrell, Simmons and Gary. Then I think you get to a group where there are 4 or 5 defenders and 2 or 3 offensive guys just hanging in at the bottom of that tier too. 

Yep sounds about right. I can't see us passing on defensive talent for lackluster ofnsive talent. D Brown is the defensive tackle from Auburn Derrick Brown. I think he's right up there with some of those guys. And I also didn't know that he announced hat he's going back to school. So I have to take him off my list. ?‍♂️

14 hours ago, CommonCents said:

If White is there at 9 that’s going to put the decision makers in a tough spot. BPA by a mile but can they put another high pick into the LB group? Yeeeeeeeee. I love LSU but I’m almost hoping he isn’t on the board when we pick. That’s a tough spot. 

If White is there at 9 you take him. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 hours ago, billvernsays said:

I like to rank the top players I’d like the Bills to draft, so since we are drafting @ 9 it makes sense to at least rank them 1-9. Here are mine 

1. Nick Bosa

2.Josh Allen

3. Quinnen Williams

4. Devin White

5. Rashan Gary

Trade Down

6. Ja’Waan Taylor 

7. Ed Oliver 

8. Jonah Williams 

9.Greg Little 

Where’d I go wrong

You didnt wait until after the combine and Prodays when all the evaluations and a lot more info and names are out there.

On 1/18/2019 at 9:43 AM, Alphadawg7 said:

Except there is a good chance we still won’t draft one from that list.  Several likely draft prospects for us not on that list.  Like Greedy, Harry, etc. 

All good

...can you see McBeane trading down to pick up an extra 2nd versus staying at #10?..............

On 1/18/2019 at 9:09 AM, CommonCents said:

If White is there at 9 that’s going to put the decision makers in a tough spot. BPA by a mile but can they put another high pick into the LB group? Yeeeeeeeee. I love LSU but I’m almost hoping he isn’t on the board when we pick. That’s a tough spot. 

I would take him without batting a eye. 

22 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

So in the 2nd I am intrigued by the right tackle out of Wisconsin - he is still a bit raw (former TE... we had some success with a TE to T convert before) but he is a beast in the run game. I need to watch some more of him but he at least has my interest at this stage.  

I watch a lot of Wisky football and my issue is that their OL in general is ridiculous blocking for the run game and WTF in pass pro.

Edited by YoloinOhio

6 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

You didnt wait until after the combine and Prodays when all the evaluations and a lot more info and names are out there.

It's a message board where we have fun forecasting, even though we have zero input.  What subject would you like to talk about in January?

57 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I watch a lot of Wisky football and my issue is that their OL in general is ridiculous blocking for the run game and WTF in pass pro.

Yea I haven't dug deep on him but he is definitely better in the run game than pass game. 

On 1/18/2019 at 8:43 AM, Alphadawg7 said:

Except there is a good chance we still won’t draft one from that list.  Several likely draft prospects for us not on that list.  Like Greedy, Harry, etc. 

All good

You are arguing need/fit strategy and he’s doing BPA. Two different models and each have their place 

On 1/18/2019 at 1:15 PM, JohnC said:

Good point. But for the sake of simplifying my proposition let's assume that money is not an issue with our current tandem. Then which player between Thompson and Josh Williams would be more impacting for the Bills? My contention is the Bama lineman. 

I think either can be impactful and getting the guy you think is best is huge. Both OL and the secondary are spots where you need to constantly be adding talent regardless of how pressing week 1 of the next season looks.

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 10:55 AM, Alphadawg7 said:

I would love to really address the OL in free agency and I do think thats the plan.

That would be great, but the real way to get talented offensive linemen is through the draft. The Bills failure to do so is a primary cause of them being perpetual losers. The Bills just keep focusing  secondary and running backs in the draft. Now, we can pretend that this isn't so, however; it is completely factual and very sad indeed.