Top 9 players in the draft.

I like to rank the top players I’d like the Bills to draft, so since we are drafting @ 9 it makes sense to at least rank them 1-9. Here are mine 

1. Nick Bosa

2.Josh Allen

3. Quinnen Williams

4. Devin White

5. Rashan Gary

Trade Down

6. Ja’Waan Taylor 

7. Ed Oliver 

8. Jonah Williams 

9.Greg Little 

Where’d I go wrong

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You mostly listed guys who won’t be there at 9, so not sure what the point of this exercise is lol.  

The point is that you're guaranteed to have at least one of them available at your pick (if they don't trade down).

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Even if you were to get a dozen GMs to list their top nine prospects in the 2019 draft, you would get zero consensus.  Every list would be different.   Greedy Williams might be on the list of some of them.  So could Dwayune Haskins.  Jeffery Simmons is thought by some to be a top 10 talent, but could be dropped because of a video from his high school days of a street fight in which he punched out a girl.  So, your list is plausible, and fine for you, but I'll guarantee that's not how the draft falls.

• Like (+1) 3

My top-9 are Bosa, Quinnen Williams, Allen, White, Ferrell, Oliver, Greedy Williams, Gary, and Simmons....in that order. This is a BPA list and not one based on position or team needs. I flipped your 3 tackles for Ferrell, Greedy Williams, and Simmons. And I would say that any of them except Bosa, Allen, and Quinnen Williams could very well be available when the Bills are on the clock.

Edited by MichaelAbdallah

17 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

Even if you were to get a dozen GMs to list their top nine prospects in the 2019 draft, you would get zero consensus.  Every list would be different.   Greedy Williams might be on the list of some of them.  So could Dwayune Haskins.  Jeffery Simmons is thought by some to be a top 10 talent, but could be dropped because of a video from his high school days of a street fight in which he punched out a girl.  So, your list is plausible, and fine for you, but I'll guarantee that's not how the draft falls.

I’m not trying to do a mock draft here. The point was to list MY top 9 for the Bills. I’m saying if any of the top 5 players are there I think the Bills run up to the podium, if not we may look to trade down since I don’t feel the talent drop off between the players I have listed 6-9 and the players you could get at let’s say pick 20 are all that much different. 

27 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

I’m not sure your getting any of those trade down players if you actually trade down. If the Bills could trade down and still get one of them I would be pretty happy. 

I don’t think many would believe T Edmunds would be drafted outside of the top 15 at this point last year. Crazy Things happen in the draft every year. 

Edited by billvernsays

31 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

The point is that you're guaranteed to have at least one of them available at your pick (if they don't trade down).

Yet several players we quite possibly coukd draft if we stay at 9 are not on the list.  Again, I don’t see the point in adding guys like Bosa to a list.  

Wouldnt making a list of 9 guys who could at least be on the board be a more effective exercise?  Not to mention the draft will never go in the order of the “best players” lists.

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yet several players we quite possibly coukd draft if we stay at 9 are not on the list.  Again, I don’t see the point in adding guys like Bosa to a list.  

Wouldnt making a list of 9 guys who could at least be on the board be a more effective exercise?  Not to mention the draft will never go in the order of the “best players” lists.

I think that would be a fine exercise too, but I think listing the top 9 is effective too because again, it's basically saying "No matter how the draft falls, we should get one of the players on this list".

As far as my personal top 9 for the Bills goes (assuming no trade down), I would go with:

1. Quinnen Williams
  2. Nick Bosa
  3. Josh Allen
  4. Ed Oliver
  5. Devin White
  6. Cody Ford
  7. Rashan Gary
  8. Greedy Williams
  9. Clelin Ferrell
Edited by DCOrange
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I think that would be a fine exercise too, but I think listing the top 9 is effective too because again, it's basically saying "No matter how the draft falls, we should get one of the players on this list".

Except there is a good chance we still won’t draft one from that list.  Several likely draft prospects for us not on that list.  Like Greedy, Harry, etc. 

All good

Edited by Alphadawg7

2 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

Jeffery Simmons is tailor made for the Bills defense. He's like central casting. I don't see how he's not in the Bills top six or seven players.

The same Jeff Simmons who pounded on a girls head with his fists while she laid helpless on the ground? Do you really think one of the most prominent women in the NFL is going to be ok with that? 

I have a better chance of boinking Brittany and Christina at the same damn time. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, CommonCents said:

The same Jeff Simmons who pounded on a girls head with his fists while she laid helpless on the ground? Do you really think one of the most prominent women in the NFL is going to be ok with that? 

I have a better chance of boinking Brittany and Christina at the same damn time. 

Wasn't it a fight in which the he was protecting his mother from the girl? It wasn't like beating his girlfriend right? His mother was being beat and he pulled the girl off and smacked her a couple times right?

I'd draft him at 9.

Also And I know this wont sound right but the Bills number one problem is they are and have been soft. They need a couple fighters on defense and at least one dirty player at Oline. IMO.

2 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Not if you use words like boinking.

• Haha (+1) 4

11 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

Wasn't it a fight in which the he was protecting his mother from the girl? It wasn't like beating his girlfriend right? His mother was being beat and he pulled the girl off and smacked her a couple times right?

I'd draft him at 9.

Also And I know this wont sound right but the Bills number one problem is they are and have been soft. They need a couple fighters on defense and at least one dirty player at Oline. IMO.

Maybe watch the video, a woman has the girl on the ground and is holding her by her hair, I’m not sure who he was protecting at that point. As the woman holds the girls hair big Jeff comes in and punches the motionless one  17 times in the face and head. Then the other woman tosses in a nice punch and a kick. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-1277634/Jeffery-Simmons-seen-punching-woman-ground-fight.html

Edited by CommonCents