Mike Tirico: Josh Allen Energized the Bills Organization

PIZ

I’m dying to know what made the click go off in his head. It’s hard to believe that Derek Anderson and Matt Barkley had THAT much influence over him, but it’s obviouksy a big part of the equation. 

This is the most excited ive been as a fan about the long term success of the team in what seems like my lifetime. 

41 minutes ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

I’m dying to know what made the click go off in his head. It’s hard to believe that Derek Anderson and Matt Barkley had THAT much influence over him, but it’s obviouksy a big part of the equation. 

This is the most excited ive been as a fan about the long term success of the team in what seems like my lifetime. 

The same thing happened to me this season. Something just clicked in my head and I got better snacks, a more comfortable chair, a better Reddit feed and things just fell into place. I enjoyed the rest of the season feeling much more in sync. 

• Haha (+1) 4

1 hour ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

Probably just stopped listening to Nate Peterman

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, eball said:

Every time Josh Allen speaks to the media I become more and more convinced not only that he "gets it" but that he is going to be the answer to Bills fans' prayers for the next decade+.  A guy that talented, who is that committed to getting better, is not going to fail.

Hopefully he stays healthy.  That’s were it can all go wrong. 

4 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I wonder if people are going to “remember” some of the following when Allen is crushing it and Bills are winning a lot:

1.  Their “Wrong Josh” outburts and meltdowns. 

2.  Fire McD decelerations on the grounds he’s not from an offensive background.

3.  Fire Beane because they fixed our D and our offense wasn’t good the first half of Allen’s rookie year, especially when Allen was hurt.

4.  We are doomed for not hiring Lynn or Reich.

5.  Josh is already a bust and always will be.

GO BILLS.  

....LOL....until ONE bad game and that list returns to the "front burner"......

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Probably just stopped listening to Nate Peterman

Maybe the energy was NOT from Josh - he was there before. Maybe the energy was by getting rid of the black hole Peterman.

1 hour ago, WhyteDwarf said:

The Bills just need to like, win more games. If Allen cannot do that next season, all the feel good BS will get stale real fast.

I am sure you will be very stale.

5 hours ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

I don’t know what factors came into play that led to his improvement late in the year, but I will say I think the elbow injury was a blessing in disguise. Things were kind of spiraling out of control, and that time off let him regroup and the game slowed down. 

I’m not sure HOW good he will eventually become (still a lot of work to do...and he’s a hard worker), but I am VERY encouraged! 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

I don’t know what factors came into play that led to his improvement late in the year, but I will say I think the elbow injury was a blessing in disguise. Things were kind of spiraling out of control, and that time off let him regroup and the game slowed down. 

I’m not sure HOW good he will eventually become (still a lot of work to do...and he’s a hard worker), but I am VERY encouraged! 

Easier schedule had something to do with it.  I’m still optimistic about his future.  

Just now, BillsfaninSB said:

Easier schedule had something to do with it.  I’m still optimistic about his future.  

I was going to mention that too. Brutal start, I wish Peterman could have been less embarrassing to let Josh miss some of that, but I guess it WAS a learning experience. A rough one....

On 1/18/2019 at 7:52 AM, Alphadawg7 said:

I wonder if people are going to “remember” some of the following when Allen is crushing it and Bills are winning a lot:

1.  Their “Wrong Josh” outburts and meltdowns. 

2.  Fire McD decelerations on the grounds he’s not from an offensive background.

3.  Fire Beane because they fixed our D and our offense wasn’t good the first half of Allen’s rookie year, especially when Allen was hurt.

4.  We are doomed for not hiring Lynn or Reich.

5.  Josh is already a bust and always will be.

GO BILLS.  

I will remember all of my lingering doubts and be ecstatic to have been wrong.  

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 1