Who were the most UNDERUTILIZED Bills in history

PUNT750

5 hours ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

You don't know that.  Reed was great on the slant route but Tasker could run the drag like the Wes/Julian did/do.  Maybe the rules of the NFL in the 90's would have allowed Belichick to scheme that out, but Tasker I believe would have been huge upgrade from Beebe or Russell Copeland.  We were strong at WR1 and WR2 on that team but very weak at WR3. I disagree and think having Tasker there would have made a differenc

Beebe and Al Edwards were other WRs that year. Copeland was drafted in 1993 - Beebe missed last 4 games and playoffs that year.  Edwards did not have a catch in SB25. And Lofton only had one for 61 yrs.  

34 minutes ago, bmur66 said:

Robert Woods had to relearn the position when he went to another team. Eric Moulds was severely under utilized his first couple years. Not sure why.

I don't think Moulds was quite ready for the NFL those first few years 

Eric Moulds.  HOF talent but played on the wrong teams.  Should have had a bigger career had he played with better teams.

Fred Jackson.  They never committed to him as a feature back and he should have been.   Instead we TWICE drafted a FIRST round RB with a young Fred on the roster.  And the second time we did that, we also had the previous first round RB (a likely HOF RB too) Lynch still here along with Fred.

Lee Evans.  Another wasted talent at WR while playing with train wrecks at QB.

Honorable Mention:  

Marcus Easley.  This kid had a bad luck start to his career with a heart condition and also breaking his leg costing him his first 2 seasons.  He was the best ST player we have had probably since Tasker, and in preseason he would show up and display that speed and size as a WR too but never be given the chance to play WE during the season.  Always felt he needed more opportunities as a WR but his early career setbacks buried him on depth chart.  

12 hours ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Marshawn Lynch. Wasn't used for the last 8 years. 

If him and Fred stayed together.... just imagine that duo.

CJ Spiller was such a dumb pick. Ticked me off at the time inmediately. I thought highly of Marshawn's ability but he did want to go to Cali. Regardless we had 2 great RBs anyway. Fredex didn't need CJ

14 hours ago, Logic said:

Underused? I'm not sure.

OVERused? It's gotta be Shaud Williams.

Every time the Bills were in 3rd and a mile, Mularkey would call a draw play to Shaud Williams. Every time.

I still have nightmares about it.

Ugh.  Me too.  No offense to Williams, but he had no business being on an NFL field.  

2 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

Ask any old guy...  Daryle Lamonica.

He was one of my favorite old-time stat lines ever - in the 1968 AFL championship game against the Jets, which the Raiders lost 27-23 after the Jets came from behind late with a Namath TD pass to Maynard, he was 20-47 --- but still threw for 401 yards! That's 20 yards per completion!

Edited by dave mcbride