Who were the most UNDERUTILIZED Bills in history

PUNT750

On 1/17/2019 at 9:05 PM, Freddie's Dead said:

Tasker was oft-injured as a WR, which is why his numbers were so modest there.

My vote?  Roosevelt Leaks, although the argument can be made that the Bills got the most out of his knees, which were shot.  HM Butch Rolle.  After he dropped his last play action TD, he never caught another pass for the Bills.

Never forgave him for the Fumble in Tampa   

52 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Yes but neither had the "luxury"  of being a good football player. They were both simply idiotic picks and to this day I believed that Mr. Wilson wanted these players because they were "flashy" and he thought that they would increase fan interest.

You know, the NFL Drafts were the most under utilized thing by the Bills.

...post Polian, you had Spanky And Our Gang doing the pickin'.......names in a hat would have been better......

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 hours ago, blacklabel said:

And I agree on CJ. I don't think they were as creative as they needed to be with him. He had that breakout season in 2012 but that was it. Never was really able to keep it up, bounced around the league and last played with KC in 2017. 

Yeah, they should have got him into "space" more often. :unsure:

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 11:30 AM, dollars 2 donuts said:

If they were serious about him in the first 3 years, even on bad buffalo teams, he would have finished his career at the same time, even with his devastating knee injury in 77(?), but likely would have been in a position to challenge Jim Brown as the all-time leading rusher.

Yep, just checked.  360 more yards in each of his 3 first three seasons would have had him walking off the field in December of '79 in San Francisco, as the NFL's all time leading rusher.

Please excuse the exclusive focus just on football with respect to OJ here.  I am just stating numbers.

1969   1,057 instead of 697

1970      848 instead of 488

1971   1,002 instead of 742

John Rauch is just getting out of purgatory for the OJ receiver/kick returner/decoy crap. Almost an unforgivable sin. 3 yrs of his prime in the short life of an nfl running back.One of the great athletes ever on the planet.

1 minute ago, LSHMEAB said:

Do you think he'd have been solid on kick coverage?

What was wrong with our kick coverage?

Steve Tasker was not a good WR. Average at best...comparisons to Welker are ridiculous-- he couldn't get separation anywhere near Welker.  

Stevie Johnson is my vote.  With a better system and consistency at QB he could have been lights out.  

A little different situation on Defense, but I'd add in Aaron Schoebel.   Bad luck for him to end up with the Bills, because he would have been a household name on a better team that used him properly.  

Edited by Chuck Schick
Added content

On 1/18/2019 at 3:43 AM, Doc Brown said:

Don Beebe.  Always thought we could find more creative ways to get him the ball with his speed.

Beebe could make some of the toughest catches, but then turn around and drop the easy ones,  He had his moments, but wasn't real reliable. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buftex said:

Beebe could make some of the toughest catches, but then turn around and drop the easy ones,  He had his moments, but wasn't real reliable. 

I’ll still take him running down Leon Lett, as opposed to KB any day...?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
Punctuation.

On 1/18/2019 at 9:35 AM, hondo in seattle said:

Ask any old guy...  Daryle Lamonica.

You win first price because no Bill has come close to being underutilized like Lamonica was.  Oh what might have been had they kept the mad bomber! 

And yes we're showing our old age here! 

Fred Jackson...dude spent several years in NFL Europe and splitting time with people they kept drafting to replace him...IMO Jackson would have rushed for over 10,000 yards if they just played him from the beginning.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1