Who were the most UNDERUTILIZED Bills in history

PUNT750

10 minutes ago, lacoy38 said:

I always felt we could’ve got more out of Roscoe Parrish - but with JP and Trent at QB hard to say ...

I agree but injuries also cut his career short and at 5’9” 170 lbs it’s hard to stay healthy in the NFL. 

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Tasker was a good receiver.

Spiller deserved to be underutilized.

Frank Reich makes a case, but he wasn't going to move ahead of Kelly, as Kenny Davis wasn't going to start instead of Thomas.

Tasker wasn't a good receiver lol. How can someone say Tasker was a good receiver then in the next sentence act like Spiller was completely awful. 

I get the time period was great, but put Tasker on any drought team and no one is clamoring for him to get more run at receiver. He's a healthy Marcus Easley, if that.

1 hour ago, Ol Dirty B said:

It's probably recency bias... but Robert Woods? 

Dont agree with Tasker at all. He maxed out his abilities, he wasn't a good WR in my opinion. 

CJ Spiller to an extent could be one. He had a confusing career in terms of trying to explain why it was what it was.

Agree about Woods!  He was always a steady #2 receiver who had to play 2nd fiddle to the 'name' stars.  I am so glad everyone in the NFL is seeing his skill & value!

53 minutes ago, PUNT750 said:

Agree about Woods!  He was always a steady #2 receiver who had to play 2nd fiddle to the 'name' stars.  I am so glad everyone in the NFL is seeing his skill & value!

For years all everyone said is he couldn't be a number 1, maybe a good 2, definitely a great 3. 

The guy can do it all, and is just an all round great WR. He doesn't give you those really flashy plays. But he's a better version of Hines Ward in my opinion.

And I'll say I liked Woods, was thrilled they drafted him, didn't see it coming. If he continues to play better for another couple years, he'll have had a great career. 

Edited by Ol Dirty B
  • Like (+1) 2

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Funny, when I saw the thread title I immediately thought of Tasker.

He could have been a Wes Welker type go I think.

Yes, it is Tasker wwithout question.  The guy who said he wasn't used at WR due to injury is wrong, the Bills coaches just didn't know what they had.

There was a season late in Kelly's career where a bunch of receivers were injured.  Tasker was used a lot for those few weeks and was great.  When the guys got healthy, they put Tasker back on the bench for offense and that was it.  Many fans questioned this at the time.  

I honestly believe if the coaches would have known what they had in Tasker, the Bills would have finished the job in SB 25 and maybe others.  He was the Welker/Edelman of his time, the coaches just didn't see it.

Reed and Lofton on the outside and Thomas in the backfield(When I just typed that I heard Omar in my head saying, on a Sunday morning?).  Anyways, Tasker would have eaten defenses up.  I don't  blame the Bills coaches or anything, but looking back now, it is obvious we should of had Tasker play a much larger role on offense.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

2 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Yes, it is Tasker wwithout question.  The guy who said he wasn't used at WR due to injury is wrong, the Bills coaches just didn't know what they had.

There was a season late in Kelly's career where a bunch of receivers were injured.  Tasker was used a lot for those few weeks and was great.  When the guys got healthy, they put Tasker back on the bench for offense and that was it.  Many fans questioned this at the time.  

I honestly believe if the coaches would have known what they had in Tasker, the Bills would have finished the job in SB 25 and maybe others.  He was the Welker/Edelman of his time, the coaches just didn't see it.

Reed and Lofton on the outside and Thomas in the backfield(When I just typed that I heard Omar in my head saying, on a Sunday morning?).  Anyways, Tasker would have eaten defenses up.  I don't  blame the Bills coaches or anything, but looking back now, it is obvious we should of had Tasker play a much larger role on offense.

I'm sorry. They weren't winning SB25 because they lacked a receiver. They just needed to run the ball. The solution existed, Marv just never adjusted. 

Tasker in the slot isn't winning them that game.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
1 hour ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I'm sorry. They weren't winning SB25 because they lacked a receiver. They just needed to run the ball. The solution existed, Marv just never adjusted. 

Tasker in the slot isn't winning them that game.

You don't know that.  Reed was great on the slant route but Tasker could run the drag like the Wes/Julian did/do.  Maybe the rules of the NFL in the 90's would have allowed Belichick to scheme that out, but Tasker I believe would have been huge upgrade from Beebe or Russell Copeland.  We were strong at WR1 and WR2 on that team but very weak at WR3. I disagree and think having Tasker there would have made a difference.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

4 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Gibram Hamdan

I blame jp for taking what could have been a great career away from the chroisen one. 

Wow, there's a name. He used to have that show. I only remembered the show, I could never remember his name. 

23 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

You don't know that.  Reed was great on the slant route but Tasker could run the drag like the Wes/Julian did/do.  Maybe the rules of the NFL in the 90's would have allowed Belichick to scheme that out, but Tasker I believe would have been huge upgrade from Beebe or Russell Copeland.  We were strong at WR1 and WR2 on that team but very weak at WR3. I disagree and think having Tasker there would have made a difference.

I'm glad you acknowledge what my counterpoint would have been. I think the way the game was played and officiated back then wouldn't have allowed that style of receiver to he effective. Even if it did, I'm still skeptical. But I do appreciate your point of view. I think a lot of people just look at it from a plug in and play point view when talking about Tasker in general.

Marcus Easley. Special teams ace and pre-season stud with 3 career receptions and 1 TD over 6 seasons. I always believed (and still do) that he could have been a good receiver if he would have been given an opportunity. It also would have helped if he could have stayed healthy a bit more.

Edited by buffaloboyinATL
  • Like (+1) 1