R.I.P. Turk Schonert

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...Jesus this week is filled with terrible Bills related news.....Turk at 62.....the Goodwin family tragedies as well as Robey-Coleman.......

Didn’t hear about Goodwin or Robey-Coleman. Am I better off not knowing?

6 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Didn’t hear about Goodwin or Robey-Coleman. Am I better off not knowing?

....sad BOE.....both involving losing children before ever taking their first breath of life due to pregnancy complications.....just not fair IMO.........

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

When I was younger, I could not understand why older people cared so much about death. Now, I understand... when you start losing people you care about and people that you shared your life with in various pursuits, THEN death really hits home, especially if they are younger than you.

I happen to be a (semi-retired) church pastor, so I've done a lot of funerals.  I did one recently for a friend who was a year older than me.  Ints a lot tougher doing a funeral for a 67 year old than an 85 year old, especially now.

17 hours ago, TigerJ said:

Being 66, it certainly catches my attention when someone younger than me meets his end.  RIP, Turk.

It won't be long before I hit his age. It's enough to have me thinking about my own mortality  :(

RIP Turk

16 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

RIP Turk.  

Looking at that photo...our QB’s were so bad that Alex Van Pelt has the best career out of all of them.

You could argue that either AVP or Turk had the better career. Outside of the comeback game AVPs career would have been pretty forgettable.

It is sad that the best QBs in that photo are not the ones wearing uniforms on the field.....