Mel Kiper Mocks — 1.0 DT Rashan Gary 2.0 DK Metcalf

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I’ve seen him going to the Bills at 9 in a few mock drafts now.  Seems kind of small for a 3 tech, but I’m guessing he could add 15-20 pounds.  I don’t love it, but I don’t know enough about Gary to hate this.

Any Michigan fans out there have an opinion?

Pizza and wings. Got that covered. 

As much as I love the pre-draft stuff.....I also hate the pre-draft stuff. All the guessing frustrates me, and I just want it to happen already! 

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

as an Ohio St. fan nothing Gary did made me go, Wow,  id love for him to be a Bill.      rather use this offseason to build a dominant offensive line.     sure DT is a hole,   O-line is more important right now imo.

But where is the value at #9? Don’t lose sight of that.  Time will tell. 

However, I’m ALL with you on building the OLine, just do it with value. You win in the trenches. 

Edited by Augie

1 minute ago, Chicharito said:

Ohhh man the last underachiever we drafted high turned out great! Aaron maybin was underutilized and penn state didn’t scheme to his ability. Passsssss

I’m not a fan of Gary. But a lot of write ups claimed Michigan didn’t know what to do with him. Kid was the #1 Highschool prospect and said to have  freakish athletic ability for being 6’5” 280.

Pretty sure Maybin was never talked about like that at that level. I did read a lot about if he would be able to play DE in the league at 235 through multiple sources and how that scared a lot of teams away. 

But we we will see come the combine and pro days. If McD thinks he can bring out that freak which Michigan couldn’t I’m all for it. Not saying Gary is bad, but that kid was talked about being #1 overall. McD knows how to get the best out of people.

Example... Would Shaq have been on this level with Rex? No way!

2 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

I’m not a fan of Gary. But a lot of write ups claimed Michigan didn’t know what to do with him. Kid was the #1 Highschool prospect and said to have  freakish athletic ability for being 6’5” 280.

Pretty sure Maybin was never talked about like that at that level. I did read a lot about if he would be able to play DE in the league at 235 through multiple sources and how that scared a lot of teams away. 

But we we will see come the combine and pro days. If McD thinks he can bring out that freak which Michigan couldn’t I’m all for it. Not saying Gary is bad, but that kid was talked about being #1 overall. McD knows how to get the best out of people.

Example... Would Shaq have been on this level with Rex? No way!

I get what your saying it’s just the past horror of that pick still haunts. Bean and McDermott really can get the most out of players except for Benjamin. How refreshing is it to finally feel like we have true football minds leading this franchise?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buff76ers said:

Top 5 D and bottom on Offense but Kiper thinks D is where we should spend our 1st pick.  Dude sucks. 

I understand what you are saying. I also think this is how a team can talk themselves into reaching for a guy. At 9 I will say the Bills could have multiple guys rated similarly and also have the need portion line up for a couple positions. 

The only position I don’t see the Bills taking in the first is QB and inside linebacker. Pretty much everyone else is on the table. 

• Like (+1) 1

I think if the Bills were to draft a DT, there might be another one available that I would prefer.  In Kiper's mock Ed Oliver is still available.  I have some misgivings about him too, but he's certainly a possibility.  Then there's Jeffery Simmons.  The knock on Simmons has to do with an off field incident in which he was videotaped punching out a girl.  That incident happened when he was in high school.  He had no problems in college, and he was known apparently for his volunteer work.  BTW, while I don't condone anyone for punching out a girl, it seems she was no saint either.  In that same incident, she was arrested for distrubing the peace.

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

I don't want to spend a top 10 pick on a rotational player.  Top 10 should be impact players.  Trade back if this is what we are looking for

I'm not seeing two-down or rotational player.  I think he is a guy that could be a disruptive 3 down player who could play inside or outside (preferably inside)

Edited by OldTimer1960

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I hope not.  Good talent. Won’t live up to the hype. I don’t want him or simmons. I’m sure one of them will be the pick 

...don't get to see college ball bud....so putting aside the individual for a moment, I'm more interested in your assessment as to whether McBeane goes OL or DL in the 1st (maybe neither?), staying put at #10 or trading down to pick up an extra 2nd...thanks...:thumbsup:

13 minutes ago, Chicharito said:

I get what your saying it’s just the past horror of that pick still haunts. Bean and McDermott really can get the most out of players except for Benjamin. How refreshing is it to finally feel like we have true football minds leading this franchise?

Benjamin was just lazy, not a team player, played for himself etc....

I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s not on a team come week 1 next season. If Dez Bryant was still looking, no doubt Benjamin should struggle 

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

Ed Oliver is available our pick in most mocks I have seen.  I am always a fan of the trade down, but Ed is hard to pass on.  He was in discussion of being #1 pick overall before he got hurt

...and of course the crazy tantrum....

Not sure how much was on player vs coach there, but that was cause for concern. 

27 minutes ago, Pete said:

Ed Oliver is available our pick in most mocks I have seen.  I am always a fan of the trade down, but Ed is hard to pass on.  He was in discussion of being #1 pick overall before he got hurt

....several with the Williams kid as well though...........

4 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

I personally suggested to Brandon Beane that on draft day, he should do what he thinks is best for the team.  I can't divulge anymore details.

Greatly appreciated. Your fine efforts on Our behalf.

but
He has suggested Mrs Beane takes your advice as a courtesy to your wife and family.

He already knew that, and they wonder why you say it every holiday event.

sorry to be harshing my favorite frog : )

1 hour ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Well get ready, cause we're goin D. lol

is this thing on  ??

: )

1 hour ago, The Drought said:

There is always the chance that they will sign Jesse James and/or Maxx Williams to lessen the blow.

I approve of this message.
because Daboll like his TEs i still think.

But no to DT that high. Bills play a rotation. They need one or two.and that skillset to be filled can be found later.
What player and position changes the game day one for the Bills ? That is who you shoot for early in round 1.