Mel Kiper Mocks — 1.0 DT Rashan Gary 2.0 DK Metcalf

YoloinOhio

As a Michigan fan I'd love to see him on the Bills. That being said, he's a bit risky because of injury and not being utilized properly. He's a freak of an athlete though. So if there was anyone to hope for a high ceiling for it would be him. Just think I'd want more of a sure thing

• Like (+1) 4

21 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I’ve seen him going to the Bills at 9 in a few mock drafts now.  Seems kind of small for a 3 tech, but I’m guessing he could add 15-20 pounds.  I don’t love it, but I don’t know enough about Gary to hate this.

Any Michigan fans out there have an opinion?

Athletically I think he is similar to Aaron Donald. He played out of position at Michigan but if gets the right coaching he could be dominant. Similar to our selections in last years draft. I would be okay with the pick especially since there are no elite offensive players in this draft.

Edited by billspro

31 minutes ago, Woodman19 said:

You always take the best player.  Wouldn't you hate to pass on Warren Sapp because you needed a receiver more?

Agreed.   And Beane says he’s very much a BPA guy.

I just hope the BPA happens to be a player of need.  We desperately need help at OL and WR.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BeastMode54 said:

As a Michigan fan I'd love to see him on the Bills. That being said, he's a bit risky because of injury and not being utilized properly. He's a freak of an athlete though. So if there was anyone to hope for a high ceiling for it would be him. Just think I'd want more of a sure thing

That was my philosophy last year and the Bills took two of the riskiest players in the first round. Our coaching staff has shown the ability to develop players though. I think he would be successful here. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Wouldnt you hate to pass on AJ green for Marcel Dareus?

what I’m trying to say is I agree with the sentiment but how do you know who the best player is?

I don't, I'm simply saying that "we don't need that position now so don't draft" philosophy is wrong.

Defense is deep in this draft, especially on the interior. I don't see us going DT in Rd. 1 because of that. On the second day of the draft? Maybe, if we don't get a FA to add to the rotation first. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Wouldnt you hate to pass on AJ green for Marcel Dareus?

what I’m trying to say is I agree with the sentiment but how do you know who the best player is?

Dareus was arguably one of the best DTs in football and was at a similar sack rate as Sapp through their first few year.  All things equal, I think a dominant DT is more important than a receiver, since they are a dependent position. 

That said, I don’t see a dominant DT and the need isn’t big enough for us right now.  Kiper just saw Kyle retire and just gave us a fill in.

Just now, SWATeam said:

No Clelin Ferrell in the top 10 is nuts.

The only concern I’d have with the Clemson guys is how much does playing with great players in the d line enhance their play. It’s really hard to double anyone on that line so I would guess they have a little easier job than a guy like Ed Oliver. 

• Like (+1) 1