Mel Kiper Mocks — 1.0 DT Rashan Gary 2.0 DK Metcalf

YoloinOhio

38 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I’ve seen him going to the Bills at 9 in a few mock drafts now.  Seems kind of small for a 3 tech, but I’m guessing he could add 15-20 pounds.  I don’t love it, but I don’t know enough about Gary to hate this.

Any Michigan fans out there have an opinion?

Co-worker who eats and breathes Michigan swears by this guy.  Says he will be a beast for whomever gets him.

He says that about every Michigan player though lol

• Haha (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Buff76ers said:

Top 5 D and bottom on Offense but Kiper thinks D is where we should spend our 1st pick.  Dude sucks. 

I think kiper gets too much bashing. He does know his stuff, and really it's difficult to get a mock even close to correct as if one team makes an unexpected pick or you get a few trades then it just throws everything up in the air. He's wrong about a lot of players but he's right about a lot of them too.

I really enjoy the podcast he does when it's approaching draft time.

On the subject of the Bills picking D. I want to see offense too, but if the top is loaded with great D prospects I haven't got a problem with that, if they then stick with offense until the later rounds. 

If the top O-line prospect is there at 9 then I'd like to see them take him. This regime has proved it can find great D talent in the later rounds so I trust they can find a couple of decent prospects there.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

Here we go with the 8,678,654,925 mocks even before the combine.

My fave thing about mocks is you can literally just put whoever you want in them.

Look at my latest mock for Buffalo (Only did first 6 picks):

Bosa

Williams

Oliver

Greedy Williams

Josh Allen

N’Keal Harry

Awesome hey?

Edited by Jay_Fixit
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

Agreed.   And Beane says he’s very much a BPA guy.

I just hope the BPA happens to be a player of need.  We desperately need help at OL and WR.

And you solve that conflict by trading down (or maybe up) to where a need position has a BPA.

I really didn't like Beane's answer b/c of this fact.  Sure don't reach for need where you are sitting - but FFS don't sit there then!  Having said that, we already know Beane will trade all over the place so that his need guy is a legit BPA.

2 hours ago, Buff76ers said:

Top 5 D and bottom on Offense but Kiper thinks D is where we should spend our 1st pick.  Dude sucks. 

Does Beane also suck? Because he’s said repeatedly that he does not draft based on need. Maybe Kiper has been paying attention and you haven’t.

2 hours ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Very likely this could happen. DL rotation. This kid can play anywhere along to dline.

6’5” 280 lbs, great athletic ability. Just an underachiever. Most blame is on Michigan style defense and not knowing what to do with the kid.

McD is known to tap full potential. If he could get the bulb to go off, maybe this kid be special.

Ohhh man the last underachiever we drafted high turned out great! Aaron maybin was underutilized and penn state didn’t scheme to his ability. Passsssss